X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.
    Ah, yes. DUNE. One day that bad boy will arrive and will destroy my budget.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Still mulling it over. At $175 the price point for the AE is higher than what I was hoping for.

I feel kinda silly hesitating on pulling the trigger because I’m arguing price point being too high, but also using the argument about tracking down the Centipede Press edition instead which will easily set me back 4-5 times the amount of the Suntup edition… sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I have the Centipede edition of this one, so while I was tempted by this attractive omnibus volume, it just would’ve been a shelf prize, too unwieldy for a comfortable reread. And my budget isn’t such that I can afford near $200 shelf prizes. I’m glad the book is getting additional exposure, though…it’s an incredible read, unbelievably immersive, one of my favorites.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    I picked up a copy of the AE. I've been wanting to read something by McDowell for awhile; so, I'm quite happy with this announcement. I also figured that it would be around the same price point as Imajica since they are both pretty large books; so, I'm not really shocked by the sticker price for this one.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I thought Paul said in the livestream yesterday that this would be one of the cheaper ones. Perhaps I misheard him?

This AE is the second most expensive AE Suntup has produced. Unless he meant the numbered edition? But I wouldn't exactly call $650 the cheaper end of the spectrum...

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I have to draw a line somewhere, and this line hurts, but this is just to pricey for this country bumpkin. I could buy it but I just can't make myself do it.

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Oof, that's a bit steep for a AGE.

But I love the book and the Centipede Editions are obscenely expensive, so I guess Paul can take my money.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Noah Mitchell is selling a numbered for $700 shipped ($50 above cost), if anyone was looking for a numbered edition.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Oof, that's a bit steep for a AGE.

But I love the book and the Centipede Editions are obscenely expensive, so I guess Paul can take my money.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    https://suntup.press/blackwater

Go check it out. It's out of my grasp so I will just enjoy from a distance. Good luck all!

The artwork is pretty cool. I think this will be another nice looking book.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I like the Silence of the Lambs book overall but I’m a bit on the fence at the idea of making Jason Voorhees so prominent. In all seriousness I am aware that in the book he does wear a hockey mask but it’s hard for me to look at the cover and see it as being Hannibal.
    Yeah, same... I know it's book accurate, but Jason has really laid claim to that style of hockey mask.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Yea. I want a copy as well but not sure I will be able to pull that trigger. Secondary market still isn't a buyers market for Suntup though. Best of luck to you!

Based on the last few months, you can probably get a copy for list price during the presale period. There seems to be a handful of people that are looking to just stay on the numbered train and end up selling their copies at cost.

I can keep an eye open for some on the Facebook group if you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• CyberGhostface
    replied
    I like the Silence of the Lambs book overall but I’m a bit on the fence at the idea of making Jason Voorhees so prominent. In all seriousness I am aware that in the book he does wear a hockey mask but it’s hard for me to look at the cover and see it as being Hannibal.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yea. I want a copy as well but not sure I will be able to pull that trigger. Secondary market still isn't a buyers market for Suntup though. Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Dang it. That puts me in a bind. Due to other purchases, I’m not looking to spend money on a Suntup book at the moment, but I really want a copy of Blackwater. Do I bite the bullet or hold off and hopefully track down a copy of this or Centipede’s edition on the aftermarket? Decisions…

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

He basically acknowledged that the guesses were correct so Blackwater it is. He also stated that he would be publishing it as a single volume rather than each section.
    Dang it. That puts me in a bind. Due to other purchases, I’m not looking to spend money on a Suntup book at the moment, but I really want a copy of Blackwater. Do I bite the bullet or hold off and hopefully track down a copy of this or Centipede’s edition on the aftermarket? Decisions…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X