X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.
    The slipcases are all done now. I imagine the 1984 AE will ship right after the Silence of the Lambs numbered edition. Which is shipping now.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I've always intended to read the Blackwater books, just never got around to it. I've said it before a few times, but after losing my stupid long commute when I moved to Colorado, my reading has suffered. It's almost a chore sometimes.

There's a chance I have the Kindle version so that'll be easier to read than the CP editions.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Well the book bug partially bit me again. I didn't purchase this one, or any other collectable copy for that matter, but I did purchase a HC edition of this book. Looking forward to reading it again after many years.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Just a suggestion. If you have not read Blackwater yet, stop looking at the art. I have not read it, but if you put it all together, it feels like a good spoiler is given.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I have bought a few Suntup titles, but I'm primarily a Centipede guy as well.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I agree with Ron. I don’t see much decline on the Centipede editions when done by Suntup. Heck, I believe Camelot sold a copy of Centipede’s edition of THE AUCTIONEER for close to a grand recently.

I also agree there’s not a lot of overlap between customers. I had to make a very early choice between the two due to not being able to afford both and chose Centipede. I wish I could afford both, but that’s not in the financial cards.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Do you think Suntup publishing this edition will have any effect on the pricing of Centipede's? I ask because I have the Centipede version - never read it, barely looked at - still haven't read these books - and seeing if it was worth selling. Who knows. I've rarely sold a book anyway; who am I kidding?
    I don’t think it’ll have much, if any, impact on the value of the Centipede set. They’re too distinctly different in form — individual volumes vs omnibus — and, as well, each press has its own good number of dedicated fans. Yes, there’s some overlap, but I think it’s more smaller than some might imagine…probably because few can afford to collect the numbered editions of both presses on a dedicated, consistent scale.

As an aside, you really should read it before selling…it’s a wonderful story. You might even decide to keep it after reading it…

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Do you think Suntup publishing this edition will have any effect on the pricing of Centipede's? I ask because I have the Centipede version - never read it, barely looked at - still haven't read these books - and seeing if it was worth selling. Who knows. I've rarely sold a book anyway; who am I kidding?

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Thanks, Ron and mulleins. I figured there would have to be someone who’d relate.

I’m still on the fence with the AE—I really like the art, same artist that did Centipede’s edition of CONJURE WIFE, I think—but I did get very close to pulling the trigger on a numbered edition this morning. Had it in my cart, address input and everything. I wound up backing off, deciding that if I spent that much I’d rather have the Centipede Press edition. The numbered edition looks beautiful, though.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Hahahahahaha.....I can relate to this -> "sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works."

It really is a scary place up there.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Still mulling it over. At $175 the price point for the AE is higher than what I was hoping for.

I feel kinda silly hesitating on pulling the trigger because I’m arguing price point being too high, but also using the argument about tracking down the Centipede Press edition instead which will easily set me back 4-5 times the amount of the Suntup edition… sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works.
    And yet most of us here — certainly including me — can understand that line of thinking perfectly. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.
    Ah, yes. DUNE. One day that bad boy will arrive and will destroy my budget.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Still mulling it over. At $175 the price point for the AE is higher than what I was hoping for.

I feel kinda silly hesitating on pulling the trigger because I’m arguing price point being too high, but also using the argument about tracking down the Centipede Press edition instead which will easily set me back 4-5 times the amount of the Suntup edition… sometimes I really don’t know how my collecting brain works.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I've never read it, but I can buy the kindle edition for $10. I'm not dropping $200 on this one...saving my dollars for Dune.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X