Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I still haven't found my Sub Press Boy's Life, but at least I found proof that I ordered it I have a couple more bookshelves to check...
    Order Date: Monday 22 February 2016

Total number of purchased items: 1.
    ID Description Price Qty Item Total
    139611 Boy's Life (preorder)
    Limited Edition
    $125.00 1 $125.00

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    I set an alarm for the dinged sale, but indecision and the fast pace kept me from getting anything. I didn't notice at first that several of the listings were being sold without their enclosure, which I didn't really care for anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post

I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...
    I'm surprised that they didn't send out a reminder link.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I missed it. I clicked the link fairly early on but everything was gone.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale? Â Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered. Â

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale?  Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered.  
    I totally forgot about it until it was over. I had been hoping to grab a numbered Handmaid's Tale and it sounds like there was about ten of those, so I only have my myself to blame for not setting an alarm, haha...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Anybody take advantage of Suntup’s dinged sale?  Not my jam, but I was tempted to throw caution to the wind for the GUESTS lettered.  
    Forgot all about it until around 7pm Eastern, by which time it was long over.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied

How did I miss that? Well, it might be Matheson's story, then...
    They just did Hell House in November, so I don't think they'd do Matheson again that quickly.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

No, the email states for March: "All copies are signed by the author of the afterword and the artist." It is not signed by the author. This one I actually know what it is because someone let it slip to me when they probably shouldn't have, though I plan to be discreet and keep their secret as requested (and as Paul would want), but I can verify the author will not sign it.
    How did I miss that? Well, it might be Matheson's story, then...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

I'm interested in what the March book will be. I've seen guesses of Matheson's "Born of Man and Woman," but it's supposed to be signed by the author and Matheson passed away a while back now.
    No, the email states for March: "All copies are signed by the author of the afterword and the artist." It is not signed by the author. This one I actually know what it is because someone let it slip to me when they probably shouldn't have, though I plan to be discreet and keep their secret as requested (and as Paul would want), but I can verify the author will not sign it.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Boy, if January does end up being Boy's Life, I would be torn. It's one of my all-time favorite books by one of my all-time favorite authors, but the oversized slipcase SubPress 25th anniversary LE is already pretty fantastic, and I'm not sure if I could justify owning an additional expensive copy if the only difference between the two is going to be the artwork. Hopefully, it will have some sort of other extra special features.
    I think I have the Sub Press edition (I really need to organize shelves) but a Suntup AE/Classic edition would be nice to have. 
    I've never read Rebecca, so I must do that soon to see if it's something I'd want a pricey edition of.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied

Boy, if January does end up being Boy's Life, I would be torn. It's one of my all-time favorite books by one of my all-time favorite authors, but the oversized slipcase SubPress 25th anniversary LE is already pretty fantastic, and I'm not sure if I could justify owning an additional expensive copy if the only difference between the two is going to be the artwork. Hopefully, it will have some sort of other extra special features.
    Boy's LIfe will be a pass for me for exactly this reason. I'm perfectly happy with the Sub Press edition and my budget REALLY cannot afford to buy multiple editions of the same book.

I'm interested in what the March book will be. I've seen guesses of Matheson's "Born of Man and Woman," but it's supposed to be signed by the author and Matheson passed away a while back now.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm stoked about this potential publication. It's the first Suntup I've been excited about in awhile.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    Quarterly email came out today:
    January is Boy's Life by Robert McCammon
    February is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
    March is a short story

March is difficult to nail down, but those first two months are incredible!

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Quarterly email came out today:
    January is Boy's Life by Robert McCammon
    February is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
    March is a short story

March is difficult to nail down, but those first two months are incredible!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X