Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Well this one is going fast. $185 for a children’s book is pretty much over the top. Maybe if it included both Charlie books. The design looks great but again not for that price

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Excellent. I've already pestered Kim over at Camelot about this and hope they get their copies soon.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have received it and it is a beauty. The red foil on the dust jacket looks like it may damage easily so I am not touching it until I get the mylar on it later in the week.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Did anyone receive their artist edition of 1984 yet? Excited to see how this one turned out.
    I have received it and it is a beauty. The red foil on the dust jacket looks like it may damage easily so I am not touching it until I get the mylar on it later in the week.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Did anyone receive their artist edition of 1984 yet? Excited to see how this one turned out.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Easy pass for me. Not my jam. Glad that others are excited though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Same here, I have no interest in spending money on this one. Besides, Dune is coming soon!

I am very intrigued with this one. Will it include both 'Charlie' stories? Will it be in graphic novel format? If not. how many illustrations? Who will be the illustrator? What will Paul Suntup's contribution be as this he is signing this?

On the other hand I have zero interest in Dune. I tried to read it in high school and surrendered pretty quickly. I also saw the movie, which was one of the worst films I have ever seen. I enjoy a lot of books I did not like in high school so if I tried again my reaction may be different. Right or wrong, my early exposure has soured me to the story.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I love Dahl. I have a great copy of Folio's Complete Tales of the Unexpected...I'm tempted.

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    I remember Paul doing a survey a while ago. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory topped the survey chart for several collectors. The story holds many memories for me. It will be cherished.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Cool. Hope this is a homerun for them.

If it is then I can relax. This is not a book I've ever felt compelled to have a limited edition of.
    Same here, I have no interest in spending money on this one. Besides, Dune is coming soon!

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

If it is then I can relax. This is not a book I've ever felt compelled to have a limited edition of.

I don't really read YA fiction anymore; so, for me, at least with this one, it will all come down to the price. Wouldn't mind having an AGE copy, but, not at the 150-200 price that the last few releases have been offered at. If the AGE is under a 100, then I may consider the purchase to keep my AGE set of Suntup books complete.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well this takes me from about 75% sure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be the next book to about 90% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Well this takes me from about 75% sure Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be the next book to about 90% sure.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks. Mine needs to make it's way to Camelot first so I will have a little extra wait. However I am pumped that this is getting so very close to going out. I am ready and willing to send Kim some money. :-)

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

The slipcases are all done now. I imagine the 1984 AE will ship right after the Silence of the Lambs numbered edition. Which is shipping now.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.
    The slipcases are all done now. I imagine the 1984 AE will ship right after the Silence of the Lambs numbered edition. Which is shipping now.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Any more updates on the AE of 1984? I see earlier last month there was an update but curious if those pesky slipcases showed up yet and if this are prepping to ship.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X