Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I am hoping mine will loosen up. Doubt it will loosen up enough to add a Brodart cover though.
    I actually took the brodart covers off of my editions of IT and SWAN SONG. I put them on poorly and I think I was actually bending the dust jackets whenever I put them into their slipcases. So Brodart covers are not a given for me.

Comment

I always throw a book cover on my books; although, I do admit to be very careful about the bending issue that Jeffingoff mentions. I almost wish that publishers like CD/SubPress/Etc. would issue their limited editions with a book cover included; however, I'm sure that they don't because of potential complaints. I love that Camelot books will throw a book cover on the items that they sell. Definitely saves me some time.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        I always throw a book cover on my books; although, I do admit to be very careful about the bending issue that Jeffingoff mentions. I almost wish that publishers like CD/SubPress/Etc. would issue their limited editions with a book cover included; however, I'm sure that they don't because of potential complaints. I love that Camelot books will throw a book cover on the items that they sell. Definitely saves me some time.
        Yeah, getting the books already in Brodart would be fantastic. I LOVE how Camelot does that--makes me want to buy more from them. But I can see how labor intensive it would be for a publisher to Brodart 750 editions before shipping.

So yeah, I like Brodart I just don't trust myself to do a good job applying it to dust jackets.

Comment

To be honest, we just don't see the need. Generally most of our customers don't use or even know what a Brodart Cover is. On top of that we don't really think they provide all that much benefit unless you're handling the individual book way more than what would be normal use. Honestly it's one of those things that I personally think is a "collectors placebo". Realistically what happens is most people put these higher end collectibles on their shelves then almost never touch them again, and the covers don't do anything to protect the books from the hazards of just sitting on a shelf for years. You really need UV protection and humidity control for that. Just my opinion though.
          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I like brodart covers. Makes it so I can set my can of PBR on my books and not worry about unsightly water rings on the DJ.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
              I actually took the brodart covers off of my editions of IT and SWAN SONG. I put them on poorly and I think I was actually bending the dust jackets whenever I put them into their slipcases. So Brodart covers are not a given for me.
              Because I handle my books repeatedly and take them in and out of the slipcase I manage to scratch up the dustjacket if I do not protect it. It does take me a few tries at time to get it right. Unrelated: I hope you have resolved your home issues to your satisfaction.

Comment

Because I handle my books repeatedly and take them in and out of the slipcase I manage to scratch up the dustjacket if I do not protect it. It does take me a few tries at time to get it right. Unrelated: I hope you have resolved your home issues to your satisfaction.
                My home issues have been resolved. That's almost all I can say about it. No one from the company I cannot name admitted guilt, apologized, or disputed the things I said on social media or my blog posts (which have all been removed). But t's over. Thanks for asking about it. The support I got from you and the other commenters is about the only justice I could get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                  I like brodart covers. Makes it so I can set my can of PBR on my books and not worry about unsightly water rings on the DJ.
                  YEP! Sometimes when you're on the lake, you have to set the PBR on your book when it's your turn to go tubin'.

Comment

Shipping notice received for the Limited!

Comment

Nice and congrats. I'm still flippity flopping on the gift. Looks like there are still a few left.

While I was doing that I went ahead and looked at the The Road again, wished I could have afforded the Suntup Edition, and then ordered a 1st 1st off of Abebooks.

Book collecting is kind of like a sickness.

Comment

Nice and congrats. I'm still flippity flopping on the gift. Looks like there are still a few left.

While I was doing that I went ahead and looked at the The Road again, wished I could have afforded the Suntup Edition, and then ordered a 1st 1st off of Abebooks.

Book collecting is kind of like a sickness.
                        Thanks. The gift edition is really a beautiful book. If they had produced a gift edition for The Road I would have purchased it but as I have not read it I could not justify the asking price.

If you ask my wife she would take the 'kind of' part out of your last statement.

Comment

Me too!

Comment

All Suntup editions of Horns are sold out!

Comment

Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.

All Suntup editions of Horns are sold out!

Comment

Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.
                                It was a good story for me but not great. I hesitated on the Limited when it was announced and then ended up buying both the Limited and the Artist Gift Edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X