Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Lucky for me. I was going to buy one this weekend. Now I can move on.

The funny thing is I liked this book but didn't love it. However at the price point, and consumer feedback and photos, I really became convinced I needed a copy of this.
    Same here. I almost pulled the trigger last night, but wanted to sleep on it one more night. Now the decision has been made for me. It's probably a good thing as I wasn't particularly fond of the actual story.

But damn is that a pretty book...

Comment

SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”

Comment

As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        SO close to pulling the trigger on this one...I’m just being held back by not wanting to go down the rabbit hole with another publisher. Centipede is already filling the spot in my budget for super expensive limited editions. don’t know if I can squeeze another one in.

But I keep looking at those photos and thinking, “Maybe just THIS one. Maybe...”
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

As an investment or because you love the author and/or story? Either way I'm sure it will be a beauty.
          I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

See, I’m talking myself into it again...

Comment

I try to never buy as an investment; I collect books because I love words.

I’m not familiar with the author beyond what I’ve read on her blog, though I did find what I read quite charming. The story itself sounds right up my alley and what has been shown of the design for the limited...well, that’s kinda in my sweet spot as well.

See, I’m talking myself into it again...
            If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              If it helps, she uses those words you love very skillfully and effectively. Earlier in this thread I went on in more detail, but I’ll just say again BROTHER was one of my favorite books of the year I read it.
              Thanks, Ron. I saw your endorsement earlier and that pushed me even closer to pulling the trigger.

Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.

Comment

Yeesh, rereading my previous post I sound rather pompous. Sorry it it came off that way, guys.
                On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  On the contrary, I thought you phrased it well and succinctly, and I suspect most of us here feel generally the same.
                  I'm reading it now and sinking further onto the hook Ania set me on.

Comment

It's time to read some new authors (at least new to me), getting tired of seeing limited editions of same old books, and sometimes of their terrible books too from some publishers. So i will be getting this. Besides to story line seems good.

Comment

"Out for Delivery"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                        "Out for Delivery"
                        The mailman is taking his own sweet time.. making me mad

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                          The mailman is taking his own sweet time.. making me mad
                          I am at work so it will be waiting for me when I get home. I am thinking about it a lot as I work!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            I am at work so it will be waiting for me when I get home. I am thinking about it a lot as I work!
                            My box will be there waiting for me to slice it open. It would be a fun thing for a publisher to install a chip that causes the box to scream when you gut it or moan when you open it. That's a thought I'm putting out there for any publisher to come and scoop up!

Comment

If you send it to me I can guarantee there will be moan once it's opened.

That really sounds creepy. LOL LOL

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                              My box will be there waiting for me to slice it open. It would be a fun thing for a publisher to install a chip that causes the box to scream when you gut it or moan when you open it. That's a thought I'm putting out there for any publisher to come and scoop up!
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

If you send it to me I can guarantee there will be moan once it's opened.

That really sounds creepy. LOL LOL
                                Hahahahaha that's hilarious! And yeah I guess I make all kinds of sounds on my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X