No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm actually very much thinking about picking up one of the gift editions. It's not my favorite book from Joe Hill but after seeing multiple photos I would very much like to have at least one of Paul's books in my collection.

Someone did note that there is some rubbing on the DJ from the slipcase. Anyone else notice this issue?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
      I'm actually very much thinking about picking up one of the gift editions. It's not my favorite book from Joe Hill but after seeing multiple photos I would very much like to have at least one of Paul's books in my collection.

Someone did note that there is some rubbing on the DJ from the slipcase. Anyone else notice this issue?
      I do not have rubbing but the book is a tight fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

I can honestly say only the first title from Suntup Press, Misery, caught my eye-I do wish I had got the gift edition for Misery. The other titles so far are of no interest to me.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          I do not have rubbing but the book is a tight fit.
          I have certainly enjoyed watching the progress of Suntup as a publisher. It's been fun and interesting. Some books have caught my eye more than others however every single one has had something about them that I've liked. I think I would have been very happy with Misery and The Road.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          I can honestly say only the first title from Suntup Press, Misery, caught my eye-I do wish I had got the gift edition for Misery. The other titles so far are of no interest to me.

Cap
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

Cap
            You know, the only title I was lukewarm about at the launch was HORNS. I've never read Hill and I hadn't heard much about that book. But seeing those editions come to life, I am beyond thrilled I got the numbered and the AGE. I think the AGE of HORNS is even better than MISERY and that one is a stunner.

The selection of THE ROAD and BROTHER are two more outstanding picks from Paul. For sure there may be titles I'll be meh about in the future. Paul said he's got a sci-fi-fi book in the pipeline and I'm not crazy about those, but we'll see. The thing is, even if the title doesn't thrill me, I'm sure that Paul's production will. If I had the money for a time machine, I'd go back to when he offered lifetime subscriptions. And if I somehow had the money (owning a time machine would pretty much guarantee that I would have the money) then I'd get the top subscription he offered knowing it was money tremendously well-spent.

Comment

I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
                Gotcha on the 5%. That explains it being higher for the higher priced books. Seems shipping is always around that amount. I know Paul has foam that protects the book made specifically for it.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  I don’t think it was a $30 fee for the plan, I seem to recall it being a flat 5%...I think. It was fairly nominal, but the shipping was around 35 bucks.
                  I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.

Comment

I noticed on the Suntup site it states a 5% fee is charged. That is reasonable and I may actually go that route. Not sure if that will make me feel better or worse about spending the money. Kind of a rip the band aid off or pully it slowly thing.
                    I did the payment plan for HORNS. The rub of it is that it added over $30 to an already pricey purchase. So it's not something you should do to save money, obviously. It's best for those who don't have the money right at the time of presale and want to secure a copy. If you have the money right now and it won't hurt your finances, then skip the payment plan.

Comment

I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I just ordered mine via the payment plan. I think the charge this time was only like 11/12 bucks. I'm looking forward to my copy of Red Horns
                        Well if I don’t win it, you’re on a short list of people I’ll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me that’s a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And I’d want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          Well if I don’t win it, you’re on a short list of people I’ll be happy to lose it to. I know how much you love Hill. But if I win it, no one will ever see it for sale. Not like the guy who won the PC Lettered edition of HILL HOUSE. He sold the lettered edition and the Key that indicated he won the prize. Maybe he fell on hard times and had to part with it, but to me that’s a limitation of 1. Only one book was also a prize. And I’d want that trophy for always.

Preciousssssss
                          They won't see it for sale alright. Because we'll be doing the trade in a shady motel room with me minus a kidney.

You know some non-Hill fan will end up with it and the auction will be on.

Comment

I should be getting my AGE OF HORNS today!

Also, only about half of the editions of BROTHER have sold. GET ON IT if you haven't.
                            Cool unboxing video Jeff. Looks like your slipcase is a better fit than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXBpJZhY9g

Looking forward to the limited unboxing.

Comment

Cool unboxing video Jeff. Looks like your slipcase is a better fit than mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHXBpJZhY9g

Looking forward to the limited unboxing.
                              Thanks. Yeah, because of your post, the grip of the slipcase was something I was looking for and I was happy that it seemed like a great fit.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah, because of your post, the grip of the slipcase was something I was looking for and I was happy that it seemed like a great fit.
                                I am hoping mine will loosen up. Doubt it will loosen up enough to add a Brodart cover though.

Comment

Working...
                                X