X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

The Artist Ed. of KPB’s GUESTS will be signed by the author, albeit who is also the artist.
    Valid point but I do not count it as he is the artist. I did think he should sign the limited and lettered editions twice though.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yeah, I wish that the Suntup AGEs had author signatures too! I've always wondered why they don't. Are authors charging extra to sign the AGE; or, is it something done to try to increase interest in the more expensive editions? If I am being honest, while it is a nice bonus feature, I really don't care that the AGEs are signed by the artist. While I love good cover & interior artwork, having a particular artist signature would never push me to make a purchase. In fact, I have purchased numerous books with dubious artwork just because it's the story/author that matters to me most. I would much rather any potential "sig-fee" go toward getting an author to sign rather than the artist.
    I have read before that typically the authors are not paid for the signatures; it is a courtesy thing. Not sure if that is accurate in all cases.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I'm assuming that is the idea as well. I'm with you in regards to the train. It's out of my range and so are many of the AE's. I have had to cut back on my Suntup addiction because $100+ books are pushing my financial means. I love the books but have to stay within a reasonable budget for my hobby.

I think my wife would be mortified if she had any idea what I spend on books!

Yeah, that's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I've pretty much gotten over it at this point as I know that I'll never be able to jump on the numbered/lettered train without hitting the lottery.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That’s always been my assumption, so to make the numbered and lettered more desirable and exclusive, thereby validating the not-insignificant additional expense.
    Yeah, that's what I'm inclined to believe as well. I've pretty much gotten over it at this point as I know that I'll never be able to jump on the numbered/lettered train without hitting the lottery.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Yeah, I wish that the Suntup AGEs had author signatures too! I've always wondered why they don’t

or, is it something done to try to increase interest in the more expensive editions? .
    That’s always been my assumption, so to make the numbered and lettered more desirable and exclusive, thereby validating the not-insignificant additional expense.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I don't expect this to change either. I can dream though.

The Artist Ed. of KPB’s GUESTS will be signed by the author, albeit who is also the artist.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I don't expect this to change either. I can dream though.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I believe Horns remains the only Artist edition signed by the author. I do not expect that to change.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Cool. I don't think I've read this one. Wish they would buck tradition and have all editions signed by the Author. That would sweeten the pot for me a bit.

Yeah, I wish that the Suntup AGEs had author signatures too! I've always wondered why they don't. Are authors charging extra to sign the AGE; or, is it something done to try to increase interest in the more expensive editions? If I am being honest, while it is a nice bonus feature, I really don't care that the AGEs are signed by the artist. While I love good cover & interior artwork, having a particular artist signature would never push me to make a purchase. In fact, I have purchased numerous books with dubious artwork just because it's the story/author that matters to me most. I would much rather any potential "sig-fee" go toward getting an author to sign rather than the artist.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Cool. I don't think I've read this one. Wish they would buck tradition and have all editions signed by the Author. That would sweeten the pot for me a bit.

I believe Horns remains the only Artist edition signed by the author. I do not expect that to change.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I believe it will be 'Butcher Boy'.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So what are the guesses for tomorrows book?
    I believe it will be 'Butcher Boy'.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    So what are the guesses for tomorrows book?

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    I think I received one recently just marketing to in print editions of their books. Maybe there was a different one. IDK.

That's the one I received.

Leave a comment:

• Parviz
    replied
    Ah I see. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I think I received one recently just marketing to in print editions of their books. Maybe there was a different one. IDK.

Originally posted by Parviz View Post
    I heard that suntup sent out a mailer and was curious as to what it is and also who they went out to. Was it random etc. Should I be on the lookout for it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X