Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I had two prints of his: Diamond Warrior and Gargoyles. Loved both of them.
    Yep!! I had Gargoyles and must have gotten rid of it somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      I do like that cover. I'm surprised at the low print run. Thought it would be higher . Especially with the Reputation that Paul has established.
      I'm constantly shocked at how few copies of such wonderful books are sold. I expected LP's REVIVAL print run to be at least 2400. I am always overestimating the demand. There just aren't that many people who share our good taste. But this is a really low print run! I wonder what the print run will be for the AGE of Horns. I think it's supposed to be 1000.

I think people just want Paul's best books. He's known for exceptional editions and maybe if people are going for the best they just don't want to settle. I don't agree with that outlook, and I will happily add all of his AGEs to my collection. The AGE of MISERY is fantastic! But I wonder if Paul will continue to do them. It seems like the demand isn't there. I hope he does. But when people clambered for an AGE of Rosemary's Baby and then demand set the print run at only 500, I gotta wonder if it's worth it for Paul financially.
      I'm not really surprised at the ROSEMARY AGE print run and I actually think that it's pretty substantial. Taking into consideration that there are 52 lettered copies, 250 limited edition copies and 500 AGE copies, that puts the total book run at 802 copies. I'm surprised there is that much demand for the book considering that nowadays most people are more familiar with it as Roman Polanski movie than an Ira Levin novel.

As far as Paul continuing to do AGEs, I think it comes down to profit margin off the books, but if he sells out of the ROSEMARY AGE that adds another $42,500 to his business, which you can't really shake a stick at.

The REVIVAL print run was what I thought it would be. I think that's pretty impressive considering (a) there was not edition signed by King, (b) the book has been out for almost five years so the hype has died down and (c) it isn't a "classic" King book (ie. CD's Doubleday Series, MISERY, CUJO, etc) that the majority of King fans would jump on.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Michael Parkes work. This is not one of my favorite pieces of his, but people should check out his paintings and sculptures.
        I’m torn...it’s obviously a very nice cover — art, colors, font — but I do think Parkes’ dreamy, fantastical style is wrong for this particular work.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          I’m torn...it’s obviously a very nice cover — art, colors, font — but I do think Parkes’ dreamy, fantastical style is wrong for this particular work.
          Was just coming here to (gently) suggest pretty much the exact same thing, Ron. Certainly a beautiful image, and I'm as big a Parkes fan as anyone (had that famous "Gargoyles" print framed on my kids' wall for years), but- I was scratching my head the moment I saw it. It doesn't fit at all. Especially in conjunction with the one image we've seen from the interior artist, Richey Beckett (which looks great, btw). Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of my own, but I really dislike cover art that is very different in feeling and tone from any interior art- which seems to be the case here. It disrupts the whole esthetic vibe of the book, and I am surprised Paul went with it. I had already paid for mine, and I'll wait and see once it's in my hands how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            I'm not really surprised at the ROSEMARY AGE print run and I actually think that it's pretty substantial. Taking into consideration that there are 52 lettered copies, 250 limited edition copies and 500 AGE copies, that puts the total book run at 802 copies. I'm surprised there is that much demand for the book considering that nowadays most people are more familiar with it as Roman Polanski movie than an Ira Levin novel.

As far as Paul continuing to do AGEs, I think it comes down to profit margin off the books, but if he sells out of the ROSEMARY AGE that adds another $42,500 to his business, which you can't really shake a stick at.

The REVIVAL print run was what I thought it would be. I think that's pretty impressive considering (a) there was not edition signed by King, (b) the book has been out for almost five years so the hype has died down and (c) it isn't a "classic" King book (ie. CD's Doubleday Series, MISERY, CUJO, etc) that the majority of King fans would jump on.
            These are all great points. And I think they're spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              Was just coming here to (gently) suggest pretty much the exact same thing, Ron. Certainly a beautiful image, and I'm as big a Parkes fan as anyone (had that famous "Gargoyles" print framed on my kids' wall for years), but- I was scratching my head the moment I saw it. It doesn't fit at all. Especially in conjunction with the one image we've seen from the interior artist, Richey Beckett (which looks great, btw). Perhaps this is just a pet peeve of my own, but I really dislike cover art that is very different in feeling and tone from any interior art- which seems to be the case here. It disrupts the whole esthetic vibe of the book, and I am surprised Paul went with it. I had already paid for mine, and I'll wait and see once it's in my hands how it feels.
              Very well said, Ron. RB is somewhere between a gothic and a noir, a NYC urban Dennis Wheatley, and Parkes, as striking as his work is, just doesn’t live in that neighborhood.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm a little "meh" on the cover. The art is nice, but like others have stated, it doesn't scream ROSEMARY'S BABY at me the way the other two editions do.

Comment

So there are still gift editions available? I thought that the print run for this was similar to Revival in that it was only going to be the number of copies preordered by a certain date. I understand what everyone is saying about the cover but to me it really acts like a bridge between the book and the movie. The more I look at it the more that I like it.

Comment

So there are still gift editions available? I thought that the print run for this was similar to Revival in that it was only going to be the number of copies preordered by a certain date. I understand what everyone is saying about the cover but to me it really acts like a bridge between the book and the movie. The more I look at it the more that I like it.
                    Paul was setting the print run based on preorder demand but not to exceed 1000. Since it's not published, we're still in preorder stage and demand determined that the print run should only be 500. It's a fantastic book with a low limitation at that price.

The one piece I'm still wondering about: Paul said that the artist of the interior page, Richey Beckett, had a fantastic idea to do a reversible two-sided dust jacket. The idea was so cool and original that's why Paul even decided to do an Artist Edition in the first place. It seems that that is no longer the case. But on the product page it still says "Unique reversible dust jacket." I imagine this is a leftover from when that was the plan and Paul just hasn't updated it. I haven't reached out to Paul to ask about it because I'm sure he's a very busy guy and I don't want to bother him with this since I'm thrilled with the way Rosemary's Baby is coming along!

Comment

Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin is Sold Out.

Comment

Received my shipping notice for Horns AEG today .

Comment

Received my shipping notice for Horns AEG today .
                          I did too! I'm anxiously awaiting the notice for the Numbered edition as well.

Also, Paul is announcing the next Suntup book this Friday at 9am Pacific on Facebook.

Comment

I did too! I'm anxiously awaiting the notice for the Numbered edition as well.

Also, Paul is announcing the next Suntup book this Friday at 9am Pacific on Facebook.
                            How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.

Comment

How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.
                              Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.

Comment

Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.
                                Could it be A special edition of Christmas Carol? I could probably pass on that. Unless he gets old Charles to sign it.

Comment

Working...
                                X