X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Looks like Suntup just sent out their next announcement schedule. Gotta say that I don't have a freaking clue as to what any of the upcoming books may be. Would love to hear any guesses from the forum...

1) One of the most important 20th century works of speculative fiction, this masterfully written tale explores a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics.

2) Originally rejected by several publishers, this novel became an instant success upon its publication following the Second World War. The author is considered one of the most influential novelists of all time, and this fable is one of his finest works.Animal Farm?

3) Though published only a few years ago, this fast-paced science-fiction novel would have been considered one of the best books of any year… or, any reality.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Looks like Suntup just sent out their next announcement schedule. Gotta say that I don't have a freaking clue as to what any of the upcoming books may be. Would love to hear any guesses from the forum...

1) One of the most important 20th century works of speculative fiction, this masterfully written tale explores a broad range of issues relating to power, gender and religious politics.

2) Originally rejected by several publishers, this novel became an instant success upon its publication following the Second World War. The author is considered one of the most influential novelists of all time, and this fable is one of his finest works.

3) Though published only a few years ago, this fast-paced science-fiction novel would have been considered one of the best books of any year… or, any reality.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
    Dune Unsigned Edition: $1500. Just saw this on FB Collectors group.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I wish I had the gumption for a little fraud.
    If you can't get up the gumption contract it out to your son!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Suntup aftermarket sales have been softening lately, so who knows, The Butcher Boy lettered may drop below issue price too. Noah has been selling some nice editions at a loss, but considering the sunk costs of his library, it's probably not a big deal to him.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Based on eBay prices, that unsigned DUNE of yours, Jeff, can be your easy ticket to a lettered BUTCHER BOY. Who knows, that “Noah Mitchell” might even be up for a straight-across trade, to make it even easier.
    I hadn't even considered that! But I'm at least going to read DUNE before I decide to part with it.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

You only need a little less than 9,000 subscribers. A couple of days effort on a script to generate unique users and subscribe should get you over the top. As soon as you have the subscribers, show the boss and make the purchase. Should take Youtube a few hours to figure it out and purge them so work fast.
    I wish I had the gumption for a little fraud.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    Noah Mitchell already sold his lettered copy for several hundred less than cover price, but it would have been a good trade!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I saw that and consulted with Producer Jill and she asked me what organ I was willing to part with. So it doesn't look like it's in the cards . . .
    You only need a little less than 9,000 subscribers. A couple of days effort on a script to generate unique users and subscribe should get you over the top. As soon as you have the subscribers, show the boss and make the purchase. Should take Youtube a few hours to figure it out and purge them so work fast.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

Yes, it's great that Paul is publishing this for you Did you see Noah Mitchell is selling the Lettered for $1500? Talk to Producer Jill!
    I saw that and consulted with Producer Jill and she asked me what organ I was willing to part with. So it doesn't look like it's in the cards . . .

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

The gift to me is the very fact that Paul is publishing the book. That it exists in such an exceptional way will allow me to die happy. The danger of any publisher taking on a work you love is that it won't live up to what you wanted for the book but Paul has exceeded my expectations with everything about these editions. The added treasure was the chance to talk to Patrick McCabe! That was worth more to me than I can put a price on. I do wish I could have done a better job on the interview, but just to be in his company was magic.

So yeah, I'm plenty lucky with an over-abundance already. You can tell I'm still high. I've been high since after Hex was released and Paul told me it was Butcher Boy. What a way to close out a very stressful year!!
    Yes, it's great that Paul is publishing this for you Did you see Noah Mitchell is selling the Lettered for $1500? Talk to Producer Jill!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I had a hunch this one would be coming eventually. I also have a hunch that the lettered edition will be gifted to Jeff a la Red Dragon. ;-)
    The gift to me is the very fact that Paul is publishing the book. That it exists in such an exceptional way will allow me to die happy. The danger of any publisher taking on a work you love is that it won't live up to what you wanted for the book but Paul has exceeded my expectations with everything about these editions. The added treasure was the chance to talk to Patrick McCabe! That was worth more to me than I can put a price on. I do wish I could have done a better job on the interview, but just to be in his company was magic.

So yeah, I'm plenty lucky with an over-abundance already. You can tell I'm still high. I've been high since after Hex was released and Paul told me it was Butcher Boy. What a way to close out a very stressful year!!

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Uh oh! I really hope you like it but I don't think getting a pig's head is a bad consequence if you don't. I think I could make dog food from it. Maybe I'll start researching recipes. Just in case. Years ago (before Suntup) I asked Jerad if he'd please publish The Butcher Boy and The Wasp Factory and he told me that he wanted to do both but never could. So Jerad liked this book too.
    I went back and looked through my emails and here it is--two weeks before I'd place my first Suntup order:

Those two books -- Butcher Boy and Wasp Factory -- I have been wanting to do for a long time!

On Jan 31, 2018, at 7:50 AM, jeff terry wrote:
    Hi Jerad,

A while back I suggested that maybe Centipede Press should consider taking on Brian Lumley's Necroscope series. Well, as I'm sure you're aware, SubPress actually did the first book in the series in 2006 (?). But I don't think anyone did the original trilogy or the first five. Of course, I could be wrong.

However, I have two other suggestions:
    1. BUTCHER BOY by Patrick McCabe. It is a stunning, horrific, tragic, heartbreaking novel. I've read it a few times and each time it gains a new angle.
    2. The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. This one is way out there and enjoys something of a cult following. I've only read it once but it left an impression.

Anyway, hope 2018 is a fantastic year for Centipede Press and you and your family!

Best,

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I picked it up too. If I don't like it, jeffingoff may be unboxing a pig's head one of these days

After Paul announced the Christmas gift, I went back and counted my book purchases for the year and realized that The Butcher Boy would be # 9. Those enticing copies of Hex were still available, so I bought one to give me ten books for the year.
    Uh oh! I really hope you like it but I don't think getting a pig's head is a bad consequence if you don't. I think I could make dog food from it. Maybe I'll start researching recipes. Just in case. Years ago (before Suntup) I asked Jerad if he'd please publish The Butcher Boy and The Wasp Factory and he told me that he wanted to do both but never could. So Jerad liked this book too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X