X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

I just got my shipping notice for the Pinborough book.
    Ditto.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Same, thanks for replying. I didn't want my set to be incomplete this close to the end. Now to hope that 2 of the last 3 confirmed names I was looking forward to have books in the last 4 (Owen King and Richard Chizmar). And Stephen King would be great.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

Like you, I've received the latest slipcase but not the Pinborough book. I haven't seen anyone mention that they've received that volume.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    You're definitely not supposed to ship slipcases via media mail. Inevitably they don't actually inspect every package though. I don't know what the USPS's sample rate is, I do know we've had boxes bounce for shipping something media mail that's not supposed to though.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have order the last two and both came media mail. I am actually surprised he has not been caught on this, the odd shape of the box and its lightness does not indicate media.
    Very true.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Opened my case yesterday and it had the errors as well. No chance of a one off that was done correctly. It was also shipped media which I thought was a no-no since it didn't contain a book. Good thing it didn't get inspected I reckon.
    I have order the last two and both came media mail. I am actually surprised he has not been caught on this, the odd shape of the box and its lightness does not indicate media.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Opened my case yesterday and it had the errors as well. No chance of a one off that was done correctly. It was also shipped media which I thought was a no-no since it didn't contain a book. Good thing it didn't get inspected I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Even if not true it seems like a cash grab with no foresight. I guess that if it took 2 years and a book was released every other month and more care went into the little things (No pun intended) people would have been okay with that. As collectors we are used to delays and taking more time to proof read really isn't a.delay.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Has anyone got the Pinborough book yet? I paid for that before my slipcase and got a shipping notice. Figured they would both be together but just got the slipcase. Want to make sure to see if I need to contact them. It seems they have been quick to sell copies for people who didn't pay for preorders recently.
    Like you, I've received the latest slipcase but not the Pinborough book. I haven't seen anyone mention that they've received that volume.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Has anyone got the Pinborough book yet? I paid for that before my slipcase and got a shipping notice. Figured they would both be together but just got the slipcase. Want to make sure to see if I need to contact them. It seems they have been quick to sell copies for people who didn't pay for preorders recently.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    The insinuation that King would be a part of the series is a huge issue for me. I basically joined the CD Collector's Club just so I would keep my place in line to get the King Little Book, which would probably be a crapshoot to get otherwise. If he was lined up, and shit happened, well...shit happens. If it was just a pie-in-the-sky name drop to goose sales and interest....that really sucks.

I enjoy these Little Books, for the most part, but the typos, dropped words, repeated sentences, etc, are just killing me. The Ligotti book is just a mess. I have my own theory about these errors, but I don't want to call the wrath of the internet down on my head. Suffice to say, I'm glad that I usually have a little Collector's Club credit in my CD account when I order one of these books, because if I paid full price for something as sloppy as this, I wouldn't be so forgiving.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    This is a big bummer. I'm not livid but I'm probably not going for series 4 if it happens. I'm more put off by the King name drop than anything else. That's something you should not do lightly in the book collecting community. King's name shouldn't be mentioned until the probability of the edition surpasses 98% likely. Dropping the King name and hinting at a signature and then not producing was a huge part of NRB's undoing. It certainly wasn't the only thing, but it sparked the fire.

I actually find the absurdity of a publisher who hosts the "most intensive writer's boot camp in the country" while also publishing works riddled with typos to be hilarious. I love that the slipcase is jacked up on TWO book titles. All the titles of these Little Books are right next to each other but they still somehow dropped one "Little" while keeping the other four?! That's too much!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Has anyone contacted BP in regards to the slipcase yet? I'm sure mine is the same as everyone else's but I haven't gotten around to opening it yet.
    I have no interest in communicating with BP.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Has anyone contacted BP in regards to the slipcase yet? I'm sure mine is the same as everyone else's but I haven't gotten around to opening it yet.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Well-considered and well put, SM. The combination of both absolute carelessness in production and the deliberate midstream, inconsistent alteration of the series limitation makes this a disappointing development in the third (and, for me, final) set. If feels like they’ve ceased to care about the product, and ultimately so have I.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X