Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    The new slipcase arrived today. It appears that everything is spelled correctly on it.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. I just noticed that the first title is wrong. It should say A "LITTLE" Purple Book of Phantasies.

BP CASE.jpg
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 07-13-2020, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The next slipcase for the Little Books is now available to order.
    Received and paid the invoice for mine.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Thanks. I did that and placed an order. I then went into my account and cancelled the pre-order that still was set at pay later.
    Hmm, I didn't do that extra step. Since they don't automatically charge your account, I figure it's safe to let it stand.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

You have to go to the BP site and plop it in your cart. Don't use the invoice or your pre-order.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...-little-books/

I had an issue with the shipping (it wouldn't give me shipping options so I couldn't check out) but I emailed back and forth with BP and got it all sorted. These slipcases are in stock.
    Thanks. I did that and placed an order. I then went into my account and cancelled the pre-order that still was set at pay later.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Interesting. If I go into my pre-order the only option I have is pay later.
    You have to go to the BP site and plop it in your cart. Don't use the invoice or your pre-order.

https://www.borderlandspress.com/sho...-little-books/

I had an issue with the shipping (it wouldn't give me shipping options so I couldn't check out) but I emailed back and forth with BP and got it all sorted. These slipcases are in stock.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Interesting. If I go into my pre-order the only option I have is pay later.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I started reading the Ligotti Little White Book today...Good God, a collection of old interviews...? I would have bought this anyway, since my collector's OCD demands that I have a complete set, but, WOW.....This has the potential to be the most boring book I've ever read. Engaging, Ligotti is not.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I just received and paid my invoice for A Little Magenta Book of Malevolence by Sarah Pinborough. If there's one thing you can say about this series, it's that Tom sure is cranking them out in a timely manner.
    Yeah crazy fast. Paid for mine as well. Really like Sarah Pinborough's writing. With me, she's had 2 at-bats and both resulted in home runs.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I just received and paid my invoice for A Little Magenta Book of Malevolence by Sarah Pinborough. If there's one thing you can say about this series, it's that Tom sure is cranking them out in a timely manner.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    I finished the Kiernan Little Yellow book today, and was very impressed by it. Very close to a perfect 10.
    On the production side, the pages are slightly off-center, there were a lot of dropped letters (A missing "h" making what should have been "his" into "is", etc.), and the last few pages of the book, including the end-papers, were glued together. I managed to get the pages apart and peel off the glue, but.....man. That was a new one.
    Glad you enjoyed it. That one was a tough read for me. On a better note I did not have the glue issue.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    That glue should peel off pretty easily and not leave any stains or anything. I've had a similar issue with books from a number of publishers.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
    ... the last few pages of the book, including the end-papers, were glued together. I managed to get the pages apart and peel off the glue, but.....man. That was a new one.
    I just examined mine and it was the same, the last few pages were glued together. (Obviously I hadn't read mine yet.) They did peel apart relatively easy but left unsightly glue along the outer edges of a couple pages.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Also, the limitation on the Kiernan book is 600.....

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    I finished the Kiernan Little Yellow book today, and was very impressed by it. Very close to a perfect 10.
    On the production side, the pages are slightly off-center, there were a lot of dropped letters (A missing "h" making what should have been "his" into "is", etc.), and the last few pages of the book, including the end-papers, were glued together. I managed to get the pages apart and peel off the glue, but.....man. That was a new one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X