X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

I guess it's not even consistent within a title. My Nolan book has a slide to the right.

NOLAN LITTLE BOOK.jpg
    Sorry, I, umm, meant my “other left”... Mine actually looks just like yours.

Like Jeff, I almost began to check them all, but ultimately decided ignorance is bliss when it comes to these LITTLE BOOKS and their comedy of errors.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    now i need to check mine. And allll the others.

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

My William F. Nolan LITTLE BOOK has an off-center slide to the left that’s even worse. Not sure why some are dead center and some...aren’t.
    I guess it's not even consistent within a title. My Nolan book has a slide to the right.

NOLAN LITTLE BOOK.jpg

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    Wow. That looks... terrible, frankly. Absolutely Amateur Hour. There is just no good excuse to put out a product like that. What in the hell is going on over there? Mine should come today, and if it's like that? I might cut my losses and bow out now, before the last few are wrapped up. Tom and Elizabeth are good folks, but- this is getting ridiculous.
    My William F. Nolan LITTLE BOOK has an off-center slide to the left that’s even worse. Not sure why some are dead center and some...aren’t.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    "We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days."

I second that!
    Third!Ed! I don't want to continue derailing this thread into A Pro Garton Love Fest (It's my fault- I started it), but the last thing I'll say about Ray here, re the above quote: After years of waiting for someone to produce nice signed hardcovers of Ray's fun Werewolf books- RAVENOUS & BESTIAL, I was.. almost disappointed to hear Ray recently announce on Facebook that he just signed a contract with Gauntlet to do them. He seemed over the moon (pardon the pun) about it. I am just not a huge fan of Gauntlet's books. They're..."fine". Just... yep, that's a signed hardcover alright. I've honestly been wondering why CD hasn't done them all these years. CD seems to have been Ray's defacto "home" team for these kind of books and I'll bet they would've been big sellers for all parties. Anyway, with those Gauntlet issues, and the wonderful news that Centipede is working on LIVE GIRLS- things are looking up.
    Last edited by swintek; 07-23-2020, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    "We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days."

I second that!

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    On the plus side, I finished the Garton LITTLE BOOK today, and it was a blast. Plus, no proofing errors, no pages glued together, no issues of any kind.

I remember the days when there seemed to be a new small-press Garton book announced on a weekly basis. We could do with a little more new Ray in our collecting/reading lives these days.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Wow. That looks... terrible, frankly. Absolutely Amateur Hour. There is just no good excuse to put out a product like that. What in the hell is going on over there? Mine should come today, and if it's like that? I might cut my losses and bow out now, before the last few are wrapped up. Tom and Elizabeth are good folks, but- this is getting ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So they have returned to the vinyl covers?
    Sounds and looks like it. I haven't gotten mine yet to compare the material or see if my cover is off center but I can't wait to get it and do the unboxing!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So they have returned to the vinyl covers?

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post

Got the book today. This was a first in a long time where the mail was 4 days ahead of what they predicted. Oddly this one has gone back to the style of the first 7 books in series 3. It looks super cool being bright pink and with one of the better cover logos. I don't think I've read anything in this book so I may read this one out of order.
    Out of curiosity, does your copy look like this one with the cover text and art off-centered? I was just wondering if they are all that way or if this was an anomaly.

magenta.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    CD's are sitting in the warehouse. We'll probably get to shipping them next week.

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Originally posted by khaos View Post
    Has anyone got the Pinborough book yet? I paid for that before my slipcase and got a shipping notice. Figured they would both be together but just got the slipcase. Want to make sure to see if I need to contact them. It seems they have been quick to sell copies for people who didn't pay for preorders recently.
    Got the book today. This was a first in a long time where the mail was 4 days ahead of what they predicted. Oddly this one has gone back to the style of the first 7 books in series 3. It looks super cool being bright pink and with one of the better cover logos. I don't think I've read anything in this book so I may read this one out of order.

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    The ones that came with the book only had a paper sleeve; LE was an unsigned CD and lettered had a signed CD. What I posted was a CD released by the musician himself, with cover art done by Jim Balent, and as far as I know unrelated to Cemetery Dance.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I have the CD with my copy, but whoever I bought it from only provided a paper sleeve, no plastic case, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X