No announcement yet.

All Things Earthling Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still eyeballing INSPECTION. Saw Jeff's unboxing video and it looks REALLY nice. I'll probably talk myself out of it again.

Comment

It does look very nice. Would love to own this one.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
      I'm still eyeballing INSPECTION. Saw Jeff's unboxing video and it looks REALLY nice. I'll probably talk myself out of it again.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just received my copy of Marla! So stoked that it made it before Halloween! It looks really fantastic. That signature page is very cool. I really love Earthling's Halloween series. It's always been a (unrealistic) goal to obtain the whole series. Some of those early books are still a pretty penny on the aftermarket...

Comment

Congrats! I should be receiving mine in the near future as well. I will only own this one and Boys from last year.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Just received my copy of Marla! So stoked that it made it before Halloween! It looks really fantastic. That signature page is very cool. I really love Earthling's Halloween series. It's always been a (unrealistic) goal to obtain the whole series. Some of those early books are still a pretty penny on the aftermarket...
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just received the LE of Fracassi's "Gothic" from Earthling. This book turned out fantastic! The cover-art is great, and I really love those end-papers! Also think the art inside this one is really neat too. Glen Chadbourne did an amazing job. I think he might just be my favorite small-press artist. Really love his style! For such a small press, Earthling really does an amazing job on their productions. I have never once been disappointed by anything I have purchased from them and am almost always blown-away. That being said, I do have a (small) complaint. The complaint is that I didn't receive a shipping notice for the book. I almost never do from Earthling. Their stuff just shows up whenever it does. The worrier in me doesn't really care for that and would prefer a tracking number or at least a head's-up that the book is on the way in case it gets lost in transit, misdelivered, or stolen. The one good thing is that Earthling does publish their books on-time; so, you can generally guess as to when the book should arrive, and Paul is good about confirming if you contact him directly. Other than that issue, Earthling is top-notch. So much so, that I am always disappointed that they don't publish more books each year. I would be first in line to order them!!!

Comment

I received my copy of GOTHIC yesterday, too, and agree that it looks great. Paul isn’t big on interior art, typically, and this one was no exception, but that doesn’t diminish from the high quality specs of the overall production. Very pleased to have this book, can’t wait to read it (I also have a signed 1st HC of CHILD ALONE WITH STRANGERS that is waiting to be read), and look forward to seeing what else Paul announces in 2023.
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

New book announcement coming on Wednesday at Noon EST. Paul seems to be pumping this up as a BIG release and says that it's "the most exquisite Earthling numbered edition we have ever produced." I'm thinking price is probably push me out of the market, especially considering Dune Messiah was just released and took a big chunk of my budget. Any guesses or thoughts?

Comment

New book announcement coming on Wednesday at Noon EST. Paul seems to be pumping this up as a BIG release and says that it's "the most exquisite Earthling numbered edition we have ever produced." I'm thinking price is probably push me out of the market, especially considering Dune Messiah was just released and took a big chunk of my budget. Any guesses or thoughts?
                  Yeah, I'm really hoping that it's something I don't want or already have as I feel like I will most likely be priced out as well!  The last Classic announced, Inspection by Malerman, was $250 and that was too rich for my blood, especially with the SST limited at $60.  If this upcoming announcement is even more lavish than the Malerman book, than I have to guestimate that it would be in the $300 range, again too rich for my blood, especially with the upcoming Thunderstorm & Suntup titles.  

Comment

Newest email sent an hour ago includes an image that is presumably from the book...looks rather fantasy-oriented, with a young girl in a flower-strewn setting. I have no clue what title it could be...did this image help anyone formulate any guess(es)?

Comment

So a little more info on the Earthling announcement via their newsletter today: The print run is 240 limited and 10 lettered editions. The novel is "hugely" popular. It is supposed to be a nicer production than Weaveworld. The price on the limited of that was $250 and that was 11 years ago. I'm going to be surprised if this is less than $350. There's also a picture, but I have no idea what it belongs to. I feel a big case of the FOMO building up in me.

Any guesses?
                      Last edited by Sock Monkey; 04-05-2023, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I'm going to be surprised if this is less than $350.
                        If true, I'll have to be more a spectator than participant tomorrow morning...no budget on hand for something of that scale right now. Still reeling from DUNE MESSIAH, and the DRIVE-IN anthology is being offered next week. Plus just bought the newest Silverberg book from Centipede, etc. etc....can't have it all, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

If true, I'll have to be more a spectator than participant tomorrow morning...no budget on hand for something of that scale right now. Still reeling from DUNE MESSIAH, and the DRIVE-IN anthology is being offered next week. Plus just bought the newest Silverberg book from Centipede, etc. etc....can't have it all, I guess.
                          I’m most likely gonna be in spectator status as well. Unless this is absolutely positively a book I have to have, but honestly those are dwindling over time so I doubt it. And it would be best for my budget if it was something I don’t “need” as well.

Comment

I’m most likely gonna be in spectator status as well. Unless this is absolutely positively a book I have to have, but honestly those are dwindling over time so I doubt it. And it would be best for my budget if it was something I don’t “need” as well.
                            Same here! Too many books to buy. I did go for the CP Silverberg book - couldn't pass that one up once I saw RS was signing it.

Comment

DUNE. $650. Okay, well, given that I'm already doing the Centipede series, that was an easy decision. I'm sure it'll be lovely, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                DUNE. $650. Okay, well, given that I'm already doing the Centipede series, that was an easy decision. I'm sure it'll be lovely, though.
                                So glad that it ended up being Dune. Have no desire for that book, especially at that price tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X