All Things Earthling Publications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    From today’s newsletter it sounds like Earthling is relaunching and revamping their Modern Classics line. I’m curious as to what these are gonna be like. If the soon-to-be announced book looks good, I might have to pull the trigger. Anybody else curious about this new line?
    Yes, am very excited by this news. I have two of the previous books from their Classics line (Strangewood & Song of Kali), and they are both outstanding! Sounds like the reboot of the line may be even more sumptuous; so, I can't wait!

Was also excited by the update on "Marla". I am a huge Janz fan and cannot wait to read it. I really love the Earthling Halloween series. I wish I would have known about it from the get-go so that I could have a complete set. Unless I hit the lottery, that probably won't happen now as the first few books are outrageous on the aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yes, am very excited by this news. I have two of the previous books from their Classics line (Strangewood & Song of Kali), and they are both outstanding! Sounds like the reboot of the line may be even more sumptuous; so, I can't wait!

Was also excited by the update on "Marla". I am a huge Janz fan and cannot wait to read it. I really love the Earthling Halloween series. I wish I would have known about it from the get-go so that I could have a complete set. Unless I hit the lottery, that probably won't happen now as the first few books are outrageous on the aftermarket.
      I haven't yet purchased Marla. I should get it over with, but book announcements are coming fast and furious and I there is only so much money in the bank.

As far as the Halloween series, keep an eye on eBay and ABE because you can usually find most of the books for reasonable prices if you're patient. I'm still kicking myself for not getting Goblin and Boys in the Valley when they were announced. I am on the list for the lettered of Goblin, but I'm not banking on being able to get a copy.

If money weren't an object, I'd love to work on putting together a full set of Earthling lettered editions. I really like what they do with their books.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Very. Deluxe editions of modern genre classics that (presumably) have never had the limited treatment are safe bets and exciting additions to a collection.
        I'm very curious as to what the first book is going to be. Paul stated in the newsletter that the first book is nearly done so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. I'm just concerned that I'll be priced out. The overall rise in price points in the our hobby has been taking its toll.

Comment

You got that right my friend. I've been teetering for a few years now and hope I can hang in there.

I'm very curious as to what the first book is going to be. Paul stated in the newsletter that the first book is nearly done so hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. I'm just concerned that I'll be priced out. The overall rise in price points in the our hobby has been taking its toll.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

First book of the new Modern Classics line goes up on Monday. The newsletter said that “Get in line” was a hint to what the title is and it’s by a favorite Earthling author. Anybody have any guesses?

Comment

This is up for pre-order. Beyond my means but looks lovely.

First book of the new Modern Classics line goes up on Monday. The newsletter said that “Get in line” was a hint to what the title is and it’s by a favorite Earthling author. Anybody have any guesses?

Comment

Got up bright and early to get ready for this 7AM announcement, and it turned out I could have slept in a bit longer. It does look lovely, but Malerman just isn’t for me. Great to see Paul bring this line back, though…curious to see what’s next.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yes, nice-looking book, but not for me. I read it, and liked it, but not enough to buy an S/L edition.

Comment

I had a feeling that this was going to be the title. I’m rather torn at the moment. On one hand, I haven’t read the book or that much from Malerman and I have four S/L on my shelf from him already…and the book is $250, which quite a chunk of change to drop, especially considering how many books are being pumped out right now as publishers get caught up on the COVID backlog.

On the other hand, the book looks very nice and I’d like to get in on the ground floor of the reimagined Modern Classics line with the title.

So…

Comment

I had a feeling that this was going to be the title. I’m rather torn at the moment. On one hand, I haven’t read the book or that much from Malerman and I have four S/L on my shelf from him already…and the book is $250, which quite a chunk of change to drop, especially considering how many books are being pumped out right now as publishers get caught up on the COVID backlog.

On the other hand, the book looks very nice and I’d like to get in on the ground floor of the reimagined Modern Classics line with the title.

So…
                      I'm in the same boat. It's a beautiful looking book and I'd love to get in on the new Modern Classics line, but that's a huge chunk of change for a book that I've never read.

I have a handful of other Malerman limited editions, but I've heard very mixed things about this particular title. And while I've enjoyed a good majority of what I've read from him, I don't know how I feel about this particular title.

I'll have to pass at the moment simply because of Lyra's Books and the Coraline pre-order. I suppose I might swing for this title down the road if it's still available.

I'm very interested to see how quickly it sells out!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I'm in the same boat. It's a beautiful looking book and I'd love to get in on the new Modern Classics line, but that's a huge chunk of change for a book that I've never read.

I have a handful of other Malerman limited editions, but I've heard very mixed things about this particular title. And while I've enjoyed a good majority of what I've read from him, I don't know how I feel about this particular title.

I'll have to pass at the moment simply because of Lyra's Books and the Coraline pre-order. I suppose I might swing for this title down the road if it's still available.

I'm very interested to see how quickly it sells out!
                        Their books look beautiful, but I can't even bother with Lyra's at this point. I love all the new publishers and level of creativity that is coming out in the book designs are amazing, but there is only so much I can afford to spend on books. Between Centipede, Thunderstorm, and SST I'm stretched pretty thin as it is. Throw in the random Earthling and Sub Press title and things get dicey on the ol' budget.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                          Got up bright and early to get ready for this 7AM announcement, and it turned out I could have slept in a bit longer. It does look lovely, but Malerman just isn’t for me. Great to see Paul bring this line back, though…curious to see what’s next.
                          Yeah, I wish I would have slept in as well. I do enjoy Malerman; however, since SST is also doing a version of this book and since I already have the other Malerman books from their bundle, I will stick with the SST set. Due to spacing and budget issues, I also no longer purchase duplicate titles, no matter how lavish. On a side note, I was actually disappointed to see the price of this one as well. Past titles from the Earthling Classics line were around $85; so, I was not really expecting the price of the new titles to be triple that price point. Very disappointing. Hope that this is a one-off in terms of price or I probably won't be able to participate in this line. I could almost grab two Suntup AGE's at that price!

Comment

Yeah, I wish I would have slept in as well. I do enjoy Malerman; however, since SST is also doing a version of this book and since I already have the other Malerman books from their bundle, I will stick with the SST set. Due to spacing and budget issues, I also no longer purchase duplicate titles, no matter how lavish. On a side note, I was actually disappointed to see the price of this one as well. Past titles from the Earthling Classics line were around $85; so, I was not really expecting the price of the new titles to be triple that price point. Very disappointing. Hope that this is a one-off in terms of price or I probably won't be able to participate in this line. I could almost grab two Suntup AGE's at that price!
                            I completely forgot that SST is doing a limited of Inspection. I've been getting the SST Malerman's through Camelot so I should be locked in there with my matching number. This makes passing on the Earthling title easier if I go that way.

Comment

I was actually disappointed to see the price of this one as well. Past titles from the Earthling Classics line were around $85; so, I was not really expecting the price of the new titles to be triple that price point. Very disappointing. Hope that this is a one-off in terms of price or I probably won't be able to participate in this line. I could almost grab two Suntup AGE's at that price!
                              This sums up my thoughts exactly. I had to double check once I saw the price to see if this was perhaps printed letterpress for that price. No, printed regular offset. Song of Kali- just the regular, numbered edition- from the previous incarnation of this line is a long-time favorite book and edition on my shelf. It was $75 (honestly, a bit pricey at the time). I fear it may be the last of the line for me.

Comment

Funny because I did the exact same thing.

Originally posted by swintek View Post

I had to double check once I saw the price to see if this was perhaps printed letterpress for that price.

Comment

Working...
                                X