Midworld Press...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Based on comments/hints on Facebook, I'm pretty sure The Girl with All the Gifts is an upcoming announcement from Midworld.
    Awesome! While I haven't liked everything I've read by Carey, The Girl with All the Gifts is a special book and a limited edition that I would definitely want to own! Hope this comes to pass.

Comment

I saw the movie but don't remember it very well. I'm assuming the book is much better. Correct?

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      Based on comments/hints on Facebook, I'm pretty sure The Girl with All the Gifts is an upcoming announcement from Midworld.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        I saw the movie but don't remember it very well. I'm assuming the book is much better. Correct?

The book is incredible!

Very much looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

The book is incredible!

Very much looking forward to this one.
          Agreed. Have you read the follow-up, THE BOY ON THE BRIDGE? I haven’t gotten around to yet yet because the TBR pile is endless.

Comment

A few weeks ago, my first MidWorld book was delivered - Ring Shout by P. Djeli Clark.

And by delivered, the Post Office said it was, but it really wasn't. Gave it a few days, filed a claim. Nothing. Contacted MidWorld to see if maybe I could get a replacement copy (maybe for a discount?) but they sent a new one for no charge.

When that one was delivered, it was actually delivered.

Looks like a nice production, just have to get around to reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Agreed. Have you read the follow-up, THE BOY ON THE BRIDGE? I haven’t gotten around to yet yet because the TBR pile is endless.
              I'm afraid my TBR pile has turned into a TBR room. I think I skipped the TBR shelf even . . .

Comment

Anybody picking up THE BLACK COMPANY? I’m not a big fantasy reader, but this series seems to be rather popular. Reviews of the readability of Midworld’s books is especially giving me pause.

I have been really tempted to pick up EXPERIMENTAL FILM.

Comment

Anybody picking up THE BLACK COMPANY? I’m not a big fantasy reader, but this series seems to be rather popular. Reviews of the readability of Midworld’s books is especially giving me pause.

Not me. I'm not really into the genre, so I wouldn't buy something like this without having read it first. There was another series that was being hyped up last year (Prince of Thorns was the first book, I think), but after I read it I really had no interest in reading the next book.

Comment

No. I'm not into fantasy anymore and hadn't read this book and/or series. I've only bought two books from them and one was nice and readable and the other had bright white paper. So my sample size is not large.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I jumped on it. I think Glen Cook is a great writer. I enjoyed the Series years ago, hoping they will do the whole set.

Comment

I don’t care for fantasy either, so skipped this one and all the other very popular, recent fantasy releases from various publishers. I’m actually glad that I don’t collect fantasy, because the prices and output these days are considerable.
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

It was a pass for me as well. Too many other recent or forthcoming releases that I need to prepare to purchase. In terms of readability, I think they had issues with some of their first/earlier titles. I believe they squared that away as I haven't noticed anything with their more recent releases. In fact, I received and read Ring Shout a few months ago and the production values and readability were perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

In terms of readability, I think they had issues with some of their first/earlier titles. I believe they squared that away as I haven't noticed anything with their more recent releases. In fact, I received and read Ring Shout a few months ago and the production values and readability were perfect!
                            I picked up their S/L HC of BLACKTOP WASTELAND, which I was really excited about, but while I managed to read the thing, it was not a pleasurable experience...the font chosen was horrendous, style over form, and was, in fact, so bad that I sold it as soon as I was done reading it, as I knew I'd never revisit it and was soured on the volume. Good to hear they've figured things out in that regard.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

I picked up their S/L HC of BLACKTOP WASTELAND, which I was really excited about, but while I managed to read the thing, it was not a pleasurable experience...the font chosen was horrendous, style over form, and was, in fact, so bad that I sold it as soon as I was done reading it, as I knew I'd never revisit it and was soured on the volume. Good to hear they've figured things out in that regard.
                              Agreed. Blacktop Wasteland did not have a pleasant font choice.

I'm currently reading Those Across the River, which predates their Blacktop Wasteland release, and the font is fine in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Agreed. Blacktop Wasteland did not have a pleasant font choice.

I'm currently reading Those Across the River, which predates their Blacktop Wasteland release, and the font is fine in that one.
                                Curious to hear your thoughts on Those Across the River.

It was the first thing I’d read by Buehlman, and I thought it was a great story, yet one that never seems to get mentioned in the discussions of recent horror books.

B

Comment

Working...
                                X