No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received all of the Neon Recluse hardcovers from Thunderstorm. I quite like them, but I do think that the list price should be a little cheaper than your standard Black Voltage hardcover as, IMO, they are basically the same except that they are not oversized and use neon colored/splattered end-papers. Also, at least for the first three books, they seem a bit shorter as each one clocks in around 170 pages which almost looks novella-ish compared to some of the Black Voltage books that I've recently purchased. That being said, Paul did mention that the primary purpose of the lines was as paperbacks, so perhaps they are meant to be a bit shorter in length. Will be interested to see the next titles announced for the line!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Received all of the Neon Recluse hardcovers from Thunderstorm. I quite like them, but I do think that the list price should be a little cheaper than your standard Black Voltage hardcover as, IMO, they are basically the same except that they are not oversized and use neon colored/splattered end-papers. Also, at least for the first three books, they seem a bit shorter as each one clocks in around 170 pages which almost looks novella-ish compared to some of the Black Voltage books that I've recently purchased. That being said, Paul did mention that the primary purpose of the lines was as paperbacks, so perhaps they are meant to be a bit shorter in length. Will be interested to see the next titles announced for the line!
      Thanks for the review on the books. I don't know Thunderstorm's costs and margins and whatnot, but I always assumed the higher price points were partly contributed to the very low print runs. I held off on the buying this line partly due to the timing of the launch. I just paid for a lettered edition from Thunderstorm, plus the Chambers MotWT and Rasnic Tem collections from Centipede, and the new Abercrombie collection from Subterranean. Adding three more books at $110 a pop was just not feasible. I had expected them to sell out though and that has not seemed to happen, so now they've popped back up again on my radar.

If you have the time and inclination, I'd love to see some pictures of the books. Very curious as to what they look like.

Comment

Just received my shipping noticed for the Tyler Jones Bundle (Burn the Plans & Midas plus the Bonus Chapbook). Also received the shipping notice for Ross Jeffery's I Died Too, But They Haven't Buried Me Yet. I'm super excited for each of these books and can't wait to have them in-hand! The novella collection that Thunderstorm produced earlier this year for Jones, Turn Up the Sun, was fantastic and definitely left me wanting more. Also glad to see Jeffrey getting some love from Thunderstorm and hope they publish some of his earlier stuff!
        Last edited by sholloman81; 12-06-2023, 05:47 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Smoking deal on grab bags from Thunderstorm. 3 books for $59 and 6 for $99. May contain some dings. I went for the 6 book grab bag. Listed on their home page if anyone is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
            Smoking deal on grab bags from Thunderstorm. 3 books for $59 and 6 for $99. May contain some dings. I went for the 6 book grab bag. Listed on their home page if anyone is interested.
            Just saw that email and grabbed two of them. While I'm expecting some overlap, fingers crossed that the bags aren't identical. I missed out the last time that Paul offered grab bags and kicked myself for it. No way am I missing out this time!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Just saw that email and grabbed two of them. While I'm expecting some overlap, fingers crossed that the bags aren't identical. I missed out the last time that Paul offered grab bags and kicked myself for it. No way am I missing out this time!
              It’s such a great deal.  I don’t remember too much overlap from the grab bags I bought last time they were offered, o maybe we’ll get lucky.  Told my wife about them and she told me to buy another 6-book grab bag and both will her gift to me for Christmas.  I’m okay with that deal.

Comment

Great deal and awesome gift. I'm passing but I'm not happy about it.
                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

It’s such a great deal. Â I don’t remember too much overlap from the grab bags I bought last time they were offered, o maybe we’ll get lucky. Â Told my wife about them and she told me to buy another 6-book grab bag and both will her gift to me for Christmas. Â I’m okay with that deal.
                  Now that's my kind of Xmas present. What a cool wife!

Comment

I jumped on this deal this morning. I got a grab bag last year, and somehow managed to get three books that I already owned, the odds of which must be astronomical, since I hardly own any Thunderstorm books aside from the Maelstrom sets, but I was still happy with my haul in general. I mean, 99 bucks for six books is hard to pass up.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Getting hardcover and paperback sets as Christmas presents so cool. Pretty sure I have all the paperbacks so hopefully get one I never heard of.

Comment

Only grabbed a 3 hardcover set.

Comment

I think its going to be titles for since the last grab bags for the hardcovers.

Comment

I don't do paperbacks, but the paperback grab bag that they currently have posted is a smoking deal!  6 books for 20 bucks cannot be beat!

Comment

I grabbed a paperback grab bag today...I mean, how could I pass up that price? $30.00 with shipping...can't beat that, and since I think I have maybe 2 Thunderstorm TPs, I should (Hopefully!) be safe from dupes.
                              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Such great deals from Paul. I passed on them all because I'm one of those odd folks who don't like surprises (and I try to avoid PC editions for my collection), so Grab Bags are just not my thing, but if one doesn't have my quirks it's a great opportunity to pick some great reading material in beautiful productions on the cheap.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X