Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

You wouldn't want mine anyhow...Paul sent it to me many years back as a gift so has my name as the limitation number. Best of luck in your search.
    Might actually be fun. My hollower trilogy has Josh Boone as the limitation number.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Congrats on the Set's Quartet PCs. Those are not easy to come by. Once again I kick myself because I used to have a copy of MIA MOJA, which I remember liking quite a bit, but wound up being sold in a moment of book purging. Now it goes for pretty steep prices.
      That's why it's a holy grail.

Comment

Just got my shipping notice for "Please Don't Tap on the Glass", "Dead End House", & "Money Run". So excited to get my hands on these books!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Just got my shipping notice for "Please Don't Tap on the Glass", "Dead End House", & "Money Run". So excited to get my hands on these books!
          Great to hear MONEY RUN is already shipping...I haven't received my notice, but am looking forward to see it (and the book) as this was -- for me, an atypical -- impulse flyer, had never heard of the series nor the author.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Great to hear MONEY RUN is already shipping...I haven't received my notice, but am looking forward to see it (and the book) as this was -- for me, an atypical -- impulse flyer, had never heard of the series nor the author.
            That's funny! MONEY RUN was an impulse by for me as well. Much like yourself, I had never heard of the author nor the series. I decided to give it a go based on my love of the Black Voltage omnibus collections that Thunderstorm has released so far. In the majority of those instances, the content within has only been released as E-Book or Paperback material, and I don't purchase either; so, the Thunderstorm omnibus editions are a great way for me to finally sample these sorts of authors & stories for myself!

Comment

That's funny! MONEY RUN was an impulse by for me as well. Much like yourself, I had never heard of the author nor the series. I decided to give it a go based on my love of the Black Voltage omnibus collections that Thunderstorm has released so far. In the majority of those instances, the content within has only been released as E-Book or Paperback material, and I don't purchase either; so, the Thunderstorm omnibus editions are a great way for me to finally sample these sorts of authors & stories for myself!
              For me, it was two-fold: One, I wanted to support one of Paul's arguably few forays into crime fiction, and, two, the reviews I quickly read (hoping it wouldn't sell out before I was done) made it sound very intriguing: seedy, gritty, and an apparently sometimes sardonic, sometime outright funny exploration of the black market of sex drugs and the despair and desperation that saturates it. I get Kurt Vonnegut vibes from it all, but with a more raw Elmore Leonard'esque tone, perhaps. I don't know, going to be an interesting read, I think...I hope.

Comment

I had to pass with Centipede's Charles Grant collection looming on the horizon.  Can't get them all!

Comment

So excited by today's Tyler Jones announcement! I instantly pre-ordered the combo that will include the Thunderstorm Black Voltage of "Burn the Plans", the Earthling Halloween LE of "Midas", and the bonus chapbook. If you want that chapbook, there is a 06/19 deadline to order. I absolutely loved the last collection that Thunderstorm published by Jones, "Turn Up the Sun". It was fantastic! There was no way I could miss out on this deal, especially since it includes that Earthling Halloween series LE!

Comment

So excited by today's Tyler Jones announcement! I instantly pre-ordered the combo that will include the Thunderstorm Black Voltage of "Burn the Plans", the Earthling Halloween LE of "Midas", and the bonus chapbook. If you want that chapbook, there is a 06/19 deadline to order. I absolutely loved the last collection that Thunderstorm published by Jones, "Turn Up the Sun". It was fantastic! There was no way I could miss out on this deal, especially since it includes that Earthling Halloween series LE!
                    That's why the name sounded familiar!

I missed out on Turn Up the Sun, but ordered both titles today. The last two Halloween titles have been amongst my favorite reads from the past two years. Let's see if Midas follows suit 

Comment

I jumped on the bundle as well. I have been kicking myself for passing on Turn Up the Sun so I had planned on picking up Earthling's MIdas no matter what. The announcement of the Thunderstorm book and bonus chapbook was a nice surprise. I'm hoping that it is successful for both publishers.

Comment

I'm trying my best to resist. I've been downsizing my collection for a couple years and it still feels like I've barely made a dent...and I have 50 or 60 active listings on eBay...and I just pulled 20 or 30 more off my shelves to list this week sometime. At some point I've got to get serious about downsizing my 4000-book collection to a core 1000 or so, and taking $200'ish flyers on authors I've never read and don't collect just doesn't fit in that goal...I've got to remember that. That said, it sounds great, and is exactly the kind of thing I'd normally pick up, so...

I don't know, I just don't know. But I'm glad I have a week to mull it over.

Comment

I grabbed the combo. I don't collect the Halloween series but I couldn't resist the chapbook.

Comment

I'm trying my best to resist. I've been downsizing my collection for a couple years and it still feels like I've barely made a dent...and I have 50 or 60 active listings on eBay...and I just pulled 20 or 30 more off my shelves to list this week sometime. At some point I've got to get serious about downsizing my 4000-book collection to a core 1000 or so, and taking $200'ish flyers on authors I've never read and don't collect just doesn't fit in that goal...I've got to remember that. That said, it sounds great, and is exactly the kind of thing I'd normally pick up, so...

I don't know, I just don't know. But I'm glad I have a week to mull it over.
                              I passed for the same reason.  Trying to downsize and be more selective.  Having said that, send me your ebay link LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

I passed for the same reason. Trying to downsize and be more selective. Having said that, send me your ebay link LOL!!
                              Once I get all these others uploaded, I'll be sure to send it your way. I'm sure, though, there's little I'm offering that you don't already have (or have already decided to pass on).

Comment

Hope everyone that wanted the Tyler Jones combo had a chance to get their order placed!

Comment

Working...
                                X