No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the pre-order window for the new Kevin Lucia book is now closed. Will be very interested to find out what the limitation ended up being. Hope it sold well. I know that I picked-up a copy via CD's awesome sale! If anyone finds out the limitation number, please post it to the forum.
    Last edited by sholloman81; 08-24-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
      All of the 'Vs' series of books come with mylar already on the dust jacket. I can't remember exactly why, but it had something to do with the printing for the dust jackets - either paper or color or something.
      I actually heard from Paul regarding this and was told that the VS. line is the only one that uses the mylar covers. He told me that it was because the dust jacket color for the VS. line books are always black and that they tend to pick-up fingerprints/markings during the packaging process; so, he decided to protect them for us. Paul rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
        I know that I picked-up a copy via CD's awesome sale!
        *It was at this moment that Splync remembered he had ordered a copy through Cemetery Dance several weeks ago... And purchased a copy directly through Thunderstorm at the 11th hour last night, after having completely forgotten about the previously purchased CD copy!*

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

I actually heard from Paul regarding this and was told that the VS. line is the only one that uses the mylar covers. He told me that it was because the dust jacket color for the VS. line books are always black and that they tend to pick-up fingerprints/markings during the packaging process; so, he decided to protect them for us. Paul rocks!!!
          That’s actually really cool of Paul to do that. It’s those little touches that really make the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

*It was at this moment that Splync remembered he had ordered a copy through Cemetery Dance several weeks ago... And purchased a copy directly through Thunderstorm at the 11th hour last night, after having completely forgotten about the previously purchased CD copy!*
            Ouch. Though, to the honest, I hardly doubt you’re the only person to have done such a thing. Just think of yourself as a Kevin Lucia super-supporter!

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
              Waiting out winter, immersion, Sins of the father, the Decieved and Entangled soul.
              Now only sins of the father and the deceived remain. Been having my eye on the window by Glenn rolfe lately. Also managed to grab a Diablo and set's quartet lately. Ever closer.

Comment

Finally placed my pre-order for the new signed/limited reprint of the Fracassi collection.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Nice. Hope you like it.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                  Finally placed my pre-order for the new signed/limited reprint of the Fracassi collection.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

In case anybody missed it, Thunderstorm announced a new Elemental/chapbook today: We Came From an Island by Cynthia Pelayo. There's a signed limited hardcover and a pretty affordable signed paperback available as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                      In case anybody missed it, Thunderstorm announced a new Elemental/chapbook today: We Came From an Island by Cynthia Pelayo. There's a signed limited hardcover and a pretty affordable signed paperback available as well.
                      I bought both versions. Only the Decieved and sins of the father left to find.

Comment

I bought both versions. Only the Decieved and sins of the father left to find.
                        I only bought the hardcover. Too many releases to warrant spending the extra cash on the paperback.

Comment

I will have a complete paperback elemental set once an order arrives so I thought it worth it. I've always liked thunderstorms paperbacks anyway.

Comment

I will have a complete paperback elemental set once an order arrives so I thought it worth it. I've always liked thunderstorms paperbacks anyway.
                            That makes sense. I'd have purchased the paperback if I was in your situation as well. For curiosity's sake, are you tracking down all the hardcover versions of each title? The latter titles had the printed on boards version and the leather-bound version, but there were also a few Elemental titles (including Sins of the Father, if I remember correctly) that were also bound in a buckram cloth. These buckram cloth versions were unsigned.

Comment

I have one of the early hardcovers but that's it. I mainly want one copy of each book. I would probably grab the hardcovers if I found them cheap enough. I will probably grab both for future titles. I mostly have the painted on boards versions.

Comment

Kevin Lucia posted the signature sheets over on Facebook. Looks like the limitation for Pleasant Brook is 144 copies.

Comment

Working...
                                X