No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I passed on this but really wanted to get in on it and support Jeff. Hope it exceeds 120.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

FOMO got me at the 11th hour and I bought a copy. Very curious to see the limitation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
        I passed on this but really wanted to get in on it and support Jeff. Hope it exceeds 120.
        I'm hoping for a larger print run, too. That would be a nice win for Jeff and TSB. I was basing my guess on the print run for the Keene/SanGiovanni bundle that was offered with a print run based on orders. I think that one hit about 72 copies. It was more money though, since it was two books.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm hoping for a larger print run, too. That would be a nice win for Jeff and TSB. I was basing my guess on the print run for the Keene/SanGiovanni bundle that was offered with a print run based on orders. I think that one hit about 72 copies. It was more money though, since it was two books.
          The Keene/SanGiovanni one was also hindered by the fact that it was also sold as a signed paperback set. It was much easier on my wallet, so that was the route I went.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

The Keene/SanGiovanni one was also hindered by the fact that it was also sold as a signed paperback set. It was much easier on my wallet, so that was the route I went.
            Ah, yes. I forgot about that when taking it into consideration. I do remember the print run on the paperbacks being pretty significant as well. I passed on both, but I’ve been eyeing a set on eBay. Have you read either? Is it worth the buy? I’m much more a fan of San Giovanni than I am of Keene. Though to be fair, I’ve only read THE CAGE by Keene.

Comment

Ah, yes. I forgot about that when taking it into consideration. I do remember the print run on the paperbacks being pretty significant as well. I passed on both, but I’ve been eyeing a set on eBay. Have you read either? Is it worth the buy? I’m much more a fan of San Giovanni than I am of Keene. Though to be fair, I’ve only read THE CAGE by Keene.
              I haven't read Keene, other than End of the Road. Which I really enjoyed. I just picked up a copy of Ghoul based on a review I read in He Who Types between the Rows: A Decade of Horror Drive-In by Mark Sieber. I highly recommend that book if you haven't read it yet. Lots of interesting suggestions.

Comment

I haven't read either yet, but I'll let you know what I think when I get around to them.

The only Keene I've ever read was End of the Road and The Rising. I enjoyed the former and thought that the latter was alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post

I haven't read either yet, but I'll let you know what I think when I get around to them.

The only Keene I've ever read was End of the Road and The Rising. I enjoyed the former and thought that the latter was alright.
                  I've also only read a few Keene novels and like them to varying degrees, but- I find his nonfiction (usually) compelling and much more enjoyable. He's a great raconteur- in the spirit of his hero Hunter S. Thompson. Like his short stories, too. Brian's legit, for sure, and has a lot to say. I just think I prefer the "Gonzo" Non-Fic.

Comment

For anyone interested in trying Keene, I’d suggest GHOUL, DEAD SEA, and the expanded pb edition of TERMINAL; those three are my favorites.

I’m actually more a fan of his non-fiction. In fact, I think that’s where his legacy will persist…taken in sum, it’s a compelling, insightful, and important look at the last two decades of the genre. I’d have to count my collection to be sure, but I believe there’s around ten such volumes.
                    Last edited by RonClinton; 07-25-2021, 03:53 PM.
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Now we know: 94.

Comment

Cool. Wish it would have been 95.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Now we know: 94.

Comment

Okay, I have to ask: Why? Just a bit of numeric OCD (that I share with you), or...?

I also wish it had been a bit higher, in the three digits, but all in all that's probably not a bad showing for a $75 HC sans dustjacket. It took a while for Earthling's S/L (of 250) of Strand's $50 original DEATHLESS to sell out, so $75 for a reprint that doesn't have a dustjacket to be a bit less than half the limitation...that math sounds about right, I suppose.

Now I just need to decide for myself if this was a one-off or if I continue with the series...the little wrench that was thrown into the work is that while I thought I hadn't read AUTUMN BLEEDS INTO WINTER, it turns out I had (how I forgot I've no idea...), so rather than this first volume being an original for me, it's a reprint (i.e. one I've already read), so the division between it and the next one -- ALLISON (another reprint) -- is less stark, and so makes it easier to consider the purchase of the ALLISON. Plus I'd really like to get THE ODDS, which is probably soon (third? fourth?) in the series, as it was my favorite Strand in a while. I hope that makes sense...my wife would be utterly confused at that logic, but I suspect most here understand just fine...

Comment

Simpler than all of that. It would have meant I would have bought a copy! LOL

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Okay, I have to ask: Why? Just a bit of numeric OCD (that I share with you), or...?

Comment

I wish it had been 100, solely due to numeric OCD...

Comment

Simpler than all of that. It would have meant I would have bought a copy! LOL

If you’re looking for a copy, I’m sure Bad Moon will have copies available once in hand. They usually do with Thunderstorm titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X