No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I went for the $99 grab bag. $16.50 a book is a no brainer.

Comment

Well darn it. You put it that way and you are correct. I have RK books from Thunderstorm but not really anything else so - hopefully - I will end up with some new stuff.

I'm in!

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
      Yeah, I went for the $99 grab bag. $16.50 a book is a no brainer.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I went for the 3 book grab bag. I have the Tremblay books on order through SST.
        That and since I spent the last part of August following Dead and Company around the Northeast I have been
        back into collecting Live Dead music.

Comment

These deals are amazing. I saw the email this morning, quickly did the math, then ordered two of the six book grab bags. Didn’t go for the Tremblay deal because I already own those books.

Frankly, at this price point, I’m thinking of picking up a third (and fourth?) grab bag. $16.50 a book is crazy!

Comment

Looks like the six book grab bag is sold out, so I picked up another 3 book grab bag. That’s likely going to be the last for me, but you never know. Thunderstorm almost never does sales, so…

15 books should be enough though, right?

Comment

LOL. Good for you. I'm sticking with the six but I like your gumption.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Looks like the six book grab bag is sold out, so I picked up another 3 book grab bag. That’s likely going to be the last for me, but you never know. Thunderstorm almost never does sales, so…

15 books should be enough though, right?

Comment

Slept too long on the six book sets, so I picked up a three book set. That's one hell of a deal! I would've picked up another set, but I already spent too much money this past week...

Really intrigued to see what everybody gets!

Comment

Exactly! Grab bags can be very good or very bad.

Originally posted by Splync View Post

Really intrigued to see what everybody gets!

Comment

I own maybe a tenth of what they've released if that so I'm not too worried about any repeats.

Comment

when I get a repeat, it goes on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                        I own maybe a tenth of what they've released if that so I'm not too worried about any repeats.
                        I own even fewer than a tenth, so I'll play the lottery if I get any duplicates, haha! ;-)

​​​​​​

Comment

Same here. I don’t own a lot of TSB books as I sold off part of that collection a few years back, which I regret. Not hoping for anything in particular in the grab bag. I find these deals to be a lot more satisfying if you are just open to possibilities (though a copy of STAGE WHISPERS would be amazing; sorry, back to being open to possibilities)

Looks like the grab bag and specials are sold out now, so I can do no further damage to my back account…

Looking forward to seeing what everyone gets!

Comment

I was so tempted by the grab bags -- I mean, a sale at Thunderstorm?! -- but some weird hiccup in my makeup doesn't much like surprises, so I passed.

Like SM, very much looking forward to seeing what everyone receives...I'll have to enjoy the sale vicariously.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I get it, Ron. I’ve been disappointed by grab bags a many times as I’ve been bowled over by them. I figured at this price it was worth the gamble. It would be easy to recoup the cost of any duplicate or unwanted book on the secondary market.

I saw on the TSB site that the next special will be posted on 12/1 for those that are interested.

Comment

Received a shipping notice for a grab bag. Interested to see what I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X