No announcement yet.

Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice goodie bags all. I'm very happy with this deal. What is the general consensus from others?
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Two thumbs up!

Comment

I was a little disappointed, but what else is new, lol? I figured since all I ever buy from Thunderstorm are the Maelstrom books, I would be safe, but that wasn't the case...I got two Maelstrom books that I already own (School's Out by Keene, and Answers of Silence, by Cooper). two books that I already read digitally (Nemesai, which I did not like enough to want a HC, and Jedi Summer, which I recall almost nothing about except that I enjoyed it), and two that are new to me: Little Whispers (I haven't really enjoyed the little Glen Krisch that I've read), and Of Night Tyrants and Terrors, by Hailey Piper, which seems like it'll be up my alley. All are gorgeous productions, though. (All are PC copies.)
        http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I ended up with a maelstrom repeat too. I think there must have been a lot of PCs of them. I would have had a repeat on your package too. I have school's out and the Jedi Summer paperback.
          Last edited by saginawhorror; 12-14-2021, 09:52 PM.

Comment

All PCs; 3 Brian Keene ("School's Out", "Earthworm Gods II: Deluge" & "Apocrypha"); Jeff Strand "My Pretties", Bryan Smith "68 Kill Part 2" and Edward Lorn "No Home For Boys". Some rubbing to the dust jackets but all in all satisfied.

Comment

I'm hoping that these grab bags may lead to some folks selling their hardcovers for cheap. It's wishful thinking, but a man can dream!

My own grab bag has been received and unboxed. Video uploading shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                I'm hoping that these grab bags may lead to some folks selling their hardcovers for cheap. It's wishful thinking, but a man can dream!

My own grab bag has been received and unboxed. Video uploading shortly.
                Nice unboxing video! Pretty great trio of books. I’ve been eyeing this Nightmare Alley books so I’m jealous of your SLAVES OF GRAVITY. And of course any new addition of a Black Voltage title is a good one,

I’m sure we’ll see a little uptick in TSB books being sold. Though everyone seems to be looking for top dollar these days so I don’t know if there will be deals.

Comment

I've got a bunch of TSBs I'm looking to sell. Send me a message with what you're looking for and I'll see if I have it.

Comment

I mainly like the elementals but I won't mind looking at the list.

Comment

All my grab bag packages have finally arrived, but since they are at the new home and I’m at the old, I won’t be able to open them until Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                        All my grab bag packages have finally arrived, but since they are at the new home and I’m at the old, I won’t be able to open them until Christmas.
                        What's your new address? I'll go pick them up for you. ;-)

Comment

Ok, I am WAY behind on posting my grab bag hauls from Thunderstorm. Life has gotten in the way and I've barely even posted on the forum lately. I'm sure most everyone has moved on, but I figured I'd post anyway.

THE VAULT (Black Voltage edition) by Richard Chizmar--I have the Nightmare Alley edition, but it's nice to have the oversized edition.
                          REVENGE OF THE CANNIBAL SPEAR MAIDENS by Anderson, McKenzie, Williams, and McCarty
                          SEVEN BURIED HILL by Kristopher Rufty
                          GRIM RIDERS by Tim Curran
                          THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS by Mark Matthews--I already have this book, so the first double I got in the grab bags.
                          DEPRAVED 2 by Bryan Smith
                          BLOOD AND WHISKEY by Bryan Smith
                          EXORCIST FALLS by Jonathan Janz
                          DRAWN & QUARTERED (Hard Rain edition) by Shane McKenzie--not a fan of "printed-on-boards" books, so the Hard Rain line was never my cup of tea. This will go in the sell pile.
                          KILLER CHRONICLES by Somer Canon
                          CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
                          TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole
                          PLAYTHING by Brandon Ford
                          THE SKIN SHOW by Kristopher Rufty

And a decent amount of Maelstrom books:
                          SUNDANCING by Brian Keene (two copies)
                          THRONE OF THE BASTARDS by Shrewsbury & Keene (two copies)
                          A CONSPIRACY OF ONE by Brian Keene
                          ONCE UPON A TIME IN MIDNIGHT by John Urbancik
                          ANSWERS OF SILENCE by Geoff Cooper

There will be a couple of titles going in the sell pile, but a lot of these are solid additions to the library. Very happy with the grab bags!

Comment

Ok, I am WAY behind on posting my grab bag hauls from Thunderstorm. Life has gotten in the way and I've barely even posted on the forum lately. I'm sure most everyone has moved on, but I figured I'd post anyway.

THE VAULT (Black Voltage edition) by Richard Chizmar--I have the Nightmare Alley edition, but it's nice to have the oversized edition.
                            REVENGE OF THE CANNIBAL SPEAR MAIDENS by Anderson, McKenzie, Williams, and McCarty
                            THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS by Mark Matthews--I already have this book, so the first double I got in the grab bags.
                            DRAWN & QUARTERED (Hard Rain edition) by Shane McKenzie--not a fan of "printed-on-boards" books, so the Hard Rain line was never my cup of tea. This will go in the sell pile.
                            CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
                            TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole

There will be a couple of titles going in the sell pile, but a lot of these are solid additions to the library. Very happy with the grab bags!
                            Pretty nice haul! Am super jealous as I just couldn't afford to purchase any of the grab bags when they were offered. Have really started getting into collecting Thunderstorm titles recently and now am regretting passing on the grab bags big-time. Oh well, guess I'm destined to be trolling the secondary market...

Comment

CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
                              TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole

Nice I can think of a whole bunch of those I'd like to have.

Comment

CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
                                TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole

Very awesome haul!!

Comment

Working...
                                X