Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    Ok, I am WAY behind on posting my grab bag hauls from Thunderstorm. Life has gotten in the way and I've barely even posted on the forum lately. I'm sure most everyone has moved on, but I figured I'd post anyway.

THE VAULT (Black Voltage edition) by Richard Chizmar--I have the Nightmare Alley edition, but it's nice to have the oversized edition.
    REVENGE OF THE CANNIBAL SPEAR MAIDENS by Anderson, McKenzie, Williams, and McCarty
    SEVEN BURIED HILL by Kristopher Rufty
    GRIM RIDERS by Tim Curran
    THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS by Mark Matthews--I already have this book, so the first double I got in the grab bags.
    DEPRAVED 2 by Bryan Smith
    BLOOD AND WHISKEY by Bryan Smith
    EXORCIST FALLS by Jonathan Janz
    DRAWN & QUARTERED (Hard Rain edition) by Shane McKenzie--not a fan of "printed-on-boards" books, so the Hard Rain line was never my cup of tea. This will go in the sell pile.
    KILLER CHRONICLES by Somer Canon
    CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
    TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole
    PLAYTHING by Brandon Ford
    THE SKIN SHOW by Kristopher Rufty

And a decent amount of Maelstrom books:
    SUNDANCING by Brian Keene (two copies)
    THRONE OF THE BASTARDS by Shrewsbury & Keene (two copies)
    A CONSPIRACY OF ONE by Brian Keene
    ONCE UPON A TIME IN MIDNIGHT by John Urbancik
    ANSWERS OF SILENCE by Geoff Cooper

There will be a couple of titles going in the sell pile, but a lot of these are solid additions to the library. Very happy with the grab bags!
    Excellent haul…some great titles there. I’m so surprised that Paul still had copies of Keene’s scarce SUNDANCING!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I don't buy PB's anymore but I like the cover on this one.

Things Left Behind
      by Brian Keene and Mary SanGiovanni

https://thunderstormbooks.com/thunde...s-left-behind/
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Things Left Behind

Wow, that is one good looking cover. Has a bit of that October Dreams feel too it. Glad to hear that they will be releasing the title as a hardcover in the future as I also don't purchase paperbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post

Things Left Behind

Brian posted on Twitter that the final book would be between 90,000 and 100,000 words. So this is going to be a doorstop of a book. I’ve already ordered a copy. The price is really reasonable and I don’t mind paperbacks at all.

Comment

I have no issues with paperbacks, but I'll be holding off for the hardcover edition. I hope that they sell a lot of paperbacks, though!

Comment

Ok, I am WAY behind on posting my grab bag hauls from Thunderstorm. Life has gotten in the way and I've barely even posted on the forum lately. I'm sure most everyone has moved on, but I figured I'd post anyway.

THE VAULT (Black Voltage edition) by Richard Chizmar--I have the Nightmare Alley edition, but it's nice to have the oversized edition.
              REVENGE OF THE CANNIBAL SPEAR MAIDENS by Anderson, McKenzie, Williams, and McCarty
              SEVEN BURIED HILL by Kristopher Rufty
              GRIM RIDERS by Tim Curran
              THE HOBGOBLIN OF LITTLE MINDS by Mark Matthews--I already have this book, so the first double I got in the grab bags.
              DEPRAVED 2 by Bryan Smith
              BLOOD AND WHISKEY by Bryan Smith
              EXORCIST FALLS by Jonathan Janz
              DRAWN & QUARTERED (Hard Rain edition) by Shane McKenzie--not a fan of "printed-on-boards" books, so the Hard Rain line was never my cup of tea. This will go in the sell pile.
              KILLER CHRONICLES by Somer Canon
              CHOOSE by Ryan C. Thomas
              TRIPLE AXE by Scott Cole
              PLAYTHING by Brandon Ford
              THE SKIN SHOW by Kristopher Rufty

And a decent amount of Maelstrom books:
              SUNDANCING by Brian Keene (two copies)
              THRONE OF THE BASTARDS by Shrewsbury & Keene (two copies)
              A CONSPIRACY OF ONE by Brian Keene
              ONCE UPON A TIME IN MIDNIGHT by John Urbancik
              ANSWERS OF SILENCE by Geoff Cooper

There will be a couple of titles going in the sell pile, but a lot of these are solid additions to the library. Very happy with the grab bags!
              I can think of a bunch of these I'd love to have once I get my next paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81

Hi Keith, Just sent you a follow-up private message, no rush, but, let me know what you think whenever you have a chance. Thanks!
                Sent you a new message. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comment

Sent you a new message. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
                  Just sent you a follow-up message. No rush, but, let me know what you think whenever you have a free moment. Thanks!

Comment

Thunderstorm has their edition of Jeff Strand’s THE ODDS up for sale on their site. Currently, it’s limited for sale to those who bought the first two books in the series.

Comment

Thunderstorm has their edition of Jeff Strand’s THE ODDS up for sale on their site. Currently, it’s limited for sale to those who bought the first two books in the series.
                      Thanks for the heads-up…I hadn’t received an e-mail about it, so shot over there and put my order in.
                      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yeah, I thought it was kinda weird that an email wasn’t sent out. I got my order in, as well.

Comment

Random question, but, has anyone on the forum ever ordered directly from Thunderstorm books? If so, perhaps you can assist me with a question. In the past, I have always obtained my Thunderstorm titles from other publishers and sellers such as Camelot Books; however, this weekend, I pre-ordered a title directly from Thunderstorm. What I am wondering, generally speaking, is how quickly one can expect pre-orders to ship; or, is there a place on the website, in the clubhouse, etc. to check for production or shipping updates? Just not sure quite what to expect with direct orders and want to be sure that I have a realistic expectation, especially considering the global supply issues that publishers are currently facing. Also don't want to bug the publisher too soon as I have the impression that this publisher may be a bit smaller in size/staff than a CD or a SubPress. Any information is appreciated!

Comment

All great questions and ones I don't really have an answer for. I do and have ordered directly from Thunderstorm. I may be a bit lazy but if I have a question I typically just email Paul and ask the question.

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                            Random question, but, has anyone on the forum ever ordered directly from Thunderstorm books? If so, perhaps you can assist me with a question. In the past, I have always obtained my Thunderstorm titles from other publishers and sellers such as Camelot Books; however, this weekend, I pre-ordered a title directly from Thunderstorm. What I am wondering, generally speaking, is how quickly one can expect pre-orders to ship; or, is there a place on the website, in the clubhouse, etc. to check for production or shipping updates? Just not sure quite what to expect with direct orders and want to be sure that I have a realistic expectation, especially considering the global supply issues that publishers are currently facing. Also don't want to bug the publisher too soon as I have the impression that this publisher may be a bit smaller in size/staff than a CD or a SubPress. Any information is appreciated!
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                              Thunderstorm is pretty quick about getting their books out depending on if the books are on hand or not. They rarely do public pre-orders in the traditional sense as one would see from CD or Subterranean Press. Most times, if the book is listed on the front page of the website and it's usually on hand and ready to go. The recent Keene/Sangiovanni title is an exception. If the books are on hand, I usually get a shipping notice in a few days. If you have access to the Clubhouse, then that's a different situation.

And, I agree with Ben. You can always reach out to Paul at Thunderstorm. He's very nice and quick to respond to all questions.

Comment

I really appreciate all of this info! Thanks so much to both Sock Money & Ben Staad!

Comment

Working...
                                X