Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Okay, I have to ask: Why? Just a bit of numeric OCD (that I share with you), or...?

I also wish it had been a bit higher, in the three digits, but all in all that's probably not a bad showing for a $75 HC sans dustjacket. It took a while for Earthling's S/L (of 250) of Strand's $50 original DEATHLESS to sell out, so $75 for a reprint that doesn't have a dustjacket to be a bit less than half the limitation...that math sounds about right, I suppose.

Now I just need to decide for myself if this was a one-off or if I continue with the series...the little wrench that was thrown into the work is that while I thought I hadn't read AUTUMN BLEEDS INTO WINTER, it turns out I had (how I forgot I've no idea...), so rather than this first volume being an original for me, it's a reprint (i.e. one I've already read), so the division between it and the next one -- ALLISON (another reprint) -- is less stark, and so makes it easier to consider the purchase of the ALLISON. Plus I'd really like to get THE ODDS, which is probably soon (third? fourth?) in the series, as it was my favorite Strand in a while. I hope that makes sense...my wife would be utterly confused at that logic, but I suspect most here understand just fine...
    Your logic makes complete sense to me. I say save yourself the stress and just pick up ALLISON. That’ll keep your number locked in and you with a full set of you decide to go that route.

My copies of both titles have already shipped and should be at my door by Friday. Pretty excited to see what they look like in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Your logic makes complete sense to me. I say save yourself the stress and just pick up ALLISON. That’ll keep your number locked in and you with a full set of you decide to go that route.

My copies of both titles have already shipped and should be at my door by Friday. Pretty excited to see what they look like in person.
      Sage advice, and I followed it. :-)
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        Mine are both on their way as well. I hadn't realized that I wasn't subscribed to their newsletter, so I nearly missed out on Allison.

Was VERY surprised when the shipping notice had both titles on it.

Comment

Today Thunderstorm Tweeted that you may want to be on their email list before Tuesday. Anyone have any idea on what they have coming up?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Today Thunderstorm Tweeted that you may want to be on their email list before Tuesday. Anyone have any idea on what they have coming up?
            It’s probably got something to do with the Ania Ahlborn hardcover they’re releasing on the 23rd. It’s the hardcover edition of the book that came in the November NIGHTWORMS package, titled Palmetto.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

It’s probably got something to do with the Ania Ahlborn hardcover they’re releasing on the 23rd. It’s the hardcover edition of the book that came in the November NIGHTWORMS package, titled Palmetto.
              Thank you. The date matches so that is probably it. Since I skipped Nightworms I may try for this edition.

Comment

Finally finished my Cemetery Dance Magazine set. Now I think I'm going to try and complete my set of Thunderstorms Elementals. First one on the list is The Decieved by Dustin Lavalley.

Comment

Congrats on completing your full run of CD…always a great satisfaction in putting that last piece in the puzzle.

Comment

Looks like it is Palmetto. I give props to Thunderstorm for letting folks now this is a novella as well. No surprises for the consumer. Pretty cool.

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Looks like it is Palmetto. I give props to Thunderstorm for letting folks now this is a novella as well. No surprises for the consumer. Pretty cool.

And for pricing it accordingly, at $66 instead of the usual $95 / $99.

I still passed, as other than BROTHER, I’ve found all her other fiction I’ve read (three other novels) to be rather unremarkable. But this looks like a cool package for those who are fans of her work.

Comment

surprised it hasn't sold out yet, being only 150 copies.

Comment

Sold out now.

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                          surprised it hasn't sold out yet, being only 150 copies.

Comment

Well now thunderstorm has a grab bag. I bought the Tremblay one. Since I only have two bookshelves of Thunderstorm Books odds are good no repeats.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
                              Well now thunderstorm has a grab bag. I bought the Tremblay one. Since I only have two bookshelves of Thunderstorm Books odds are good no repeats.
                              Thanks for the heads Up. I don't own a ton of Thunderstorm books and there are a few I have been looking for so I jumped in with both feet LOL!! Fingers crossed. Thanks Again.
                              Mike

Comment

Seems like a very good deal. Wish everyone a lot of luck with these.

Comment

Working...
                                X