Thunderstorm Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I was wondering about print run. Thanks for clearing that up.

It is likely I will not purchase this as I don't think I could buy them all. Conflicted lately with my collecting habits and I'm really trying to stick to my budget which is not inline with the current market value of many small press books.

By ordering the first book you will have first dibs at the next title in the 12-book series however you are not committed to buy any more.

Comment

Originally posted by kresby View Post

By ordering the first book you will have first dibs at the next title in the 12-book series however you are not committed to buy any more.
      I hadn't heard that it was 12-book series. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thank you Kresby. I was not sure how large the series was going to be. I have not purchased this but am considering it. Was there any indication on how frequent they will be produced?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          Thank you Kresby. I was not sure how large the series was going to be. I have not purchased this but am considering it. Was there any indication on how frequent they will be produced?
          Thunderstorm Books is proud to present Jeff Strand’s own imprint, Gleefully Macabre.
          • We are planning on releasing 4-6 books per year.
          • Each book will be uniform in size and style.
          • Each book will be bound in blue leather with silver stamping.
          • Each book will be designed by Lynne Hansen.
          • Each book will have specialty end-sheets and a satin ribbon marker.
          • Each book will be signed by both Jeff and Lynne.
          • Buyers of book 1 will have first rights for book 2, etc.
          Signing up for the Gleefully Macabre line is simple and easy. If you pre-order book one during the two week pre-order period (between today and July 11th), you will have the first rights to future volumes.
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Thunderstorm Books is proud to present Jeff Strand’s own imprint, Gleefully Macabre.
            • We are planning on releasing 4-6 books per year.
            • Each book will be uniform in size and style.
            • Each book will be bound in blue leather with silver stamping.
            • Each book will be designed by Lynne Hansen.
            • Each book will have specialty end-sheets and a satin ribbon marker.
            • Each book will be signed by both Jeff and Lynne.
            • Buyers of book 1 will have first rights for book 2, etc.
            Signing up for the Gleefully Macabre line is simple and easy. If you pre-order book one during the two week pre-order period (between today and July 11th), you will have the first rights to future volumes.
            Thank you. Just have to decide now.

Comment

I'm a big Jeff Strand fan, but chances are I'll lose my rights to a matching number at some early point. If the goal of this imprint is to reprint his entire backlist -- which it may not be, I don't know, but is seems like reprints *have* to be part of the imprint, given that aggressive release schedule -- in matching HCs, then I'll have to bow out earlier than I'd probably like. I don't have the budget or shelf space for duplicates, so if I already have it a Strand title in S/L HC -- which many of his books tend to be -- then I'll have to bow out for those. I do hope the first few volumes are books that haven't had the deluxe treatment yet, though -- like the first one they chose, AUTUMN BLEEDS... and THE ODDS, ALLISON, etc. -- so I can at least keep my number for a while.

Comment

I'm a big Jeff Strand fan, but chances are I'll lose my rights to a matching number at some early point. If the goal of this imprint is to reprint his entire backlist -- which it may not be, I don't know, but is seems like reprints *have* to be part of the imprint, given that aggressive release schedule -- in matching HCs, then I'll have to bow out earlier than I'd probably like. I don't have the budget or shelf space for duplicates, so if I already have it a Strand title in S/L HC -- which many of his books tend to be -- then I'll have to bow out for those. I do hope the first few volumes are books that haven't had the deluxe treatment yet, though -- like the first one they chose, AUTUMN BLEEDS... and THE ODDS, ALLISON, etc. -- so I can at least keep my number for a while.
                I guess you could always switch out the old limited editions with the new Thunderstorm editions. Might be a hassle selling the old editions, but that way you’d be able to have a full set of the Thunderstorm series.

i have ZERO Strand books so I’m safe in that regard.

Comment

I have only read a few Strand stories and really liked them. I am trying to convince myself that I do not need these.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    I have only read a few Strand stories and really liked them. I am trying to convince myself that I do not need these.
                    You need them…but that might just be me trying to justify my purchase…

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

You need them…but that might just be me trying to justify my purchase…
                      I really want to read more Strand so I am leaning that way. I am waiting to see if my DYI A/C fix works tomorrow. If I can get away without replacing my 24 year old A/C unit I will probably jump in.

Comment

I believe they do not plan on reprinting all the old stuff that was already done in S/L editions. Def will not be publishing everything.

Comment

Jeff said this in his newsletter.

The first book in line is Autumn Bleeds Into Winter. It will be followed by (not necessarily in this order) Allison, The Odds, Cyclops Road, the Andrew Mayhem series, and whatever new books I write.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I’m pretty excited for this series of books. I’ve heard lots of great stuff about Strand. I’m trying to be patient and wait for the first book to come out, but I’ve already been eyeing some of the Strand BV titles on the aftermarket.

Comment

Now that the preorder period is over for the first book in the Jeff Strand line, anybody want to make guesses as to the print run? My guess is 78.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                                Now that the preorder period is over for the first book in the Jeff Strand line, anybody want to make guesses as to the print run? My guess is 78.
                                I am curious, I must admit. Hoping (selfishly) for under 100, but I also conversely hope the number is larger to make it a resounding success for Strand and Paul @ Thunderstorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X