• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold out

Comment

But what is sold out?

sk

Comment

Hi Siep - The UK WTTK I purchased yesterday (as Teri mentions, the window's now closed - at least on www.analectabooks.com) is described thus (this is extracted from the email I received from Steve Sargent at analecta yesterday):

"Hot news just in - I have secured a small number of a UK hand-signed limited edition copies of Stephen King's "The Wind Through the Keyhole" (the new Dark Tower novel). This edition is limited to just 200 hundred copies, and so will be one of the most limited of King's signed editions (this is just a quarter of the size of the 800-copy DM Grant edition). This book is released on the 24th April - I am accepting pre-orders at this time, on a first-come, first-served basis"

I would imagine that other re-sellers (or Hodder & Stoughton) will be offering this version too
        Last edited by Grant Wootton; 02-25-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Hodder and Staughton are not advertising it as of yet, at least I can't find it on their website.

Comment

Ah...thanks for the explanation, Grant.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
              Ah...thanks for the explanation, Grant.

sk
              De nada Siep, anytime

Comment

I just received my AE Copy of TWTTK and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the dust jacket. It looks terrible, now the book itself, binding, color, etc, is stunning. I had this same issue with the AE of LSOE. These are really the only books in my collection that, in my opinion, look a million times better without the dust jackets. They look, dare I say, more "classy" without the jacket. And usually it's the other way around. I love the interior artwork on both books and I even like the jacket art, but what is with the terrible fonts Grant is using?
                -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
                gamertag : calason

Comment

I agree and wish more publishers of limited edition books would take the same stance as Centipede Press, leave the front artwork free of any lettering, just have it on the spine!

Comment

It's different, true; but it does depict a key scene in the book. It has a comic book feel to it (indeed, Jae Lee illustrates some of the DT story arcs for marvel). It can be looked upon as an appendix to the DT series (even though it technically is 4.5)--if King plans on writing (and Grant publishing) a series of DT books depicting stories from the Great Book of Eld, this could be a gtreat start.

The fonts did not bother me, since this is essentially a double bookended fairy tale.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

GOt my copy today. Quite a beautiful book.

Comment

I still didnt even get billed. I'm getting annoyed. lol

Comment

Ok, I'm not just annoying anymore I'm angry. Not only have that not billed me but when you try to email them to find out whats going on you get a form letter back saying they got your order...I didnt place and order I asked a question. I wish these Artist editions were through CD. At least I'd get an answer out of Mindy.

Maybe theyre just busy shipping the american orders for all I know but it'd be nice to know that rather than sit here wondering if I may have typed my cc number in wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I still didnt even get billed.
                            Neither did I.
                            Patience..patience.....

sk

Comment

I am patiently waiting for my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                                C'mon now dont underestimate me I know exactly where to get it. lol. I was wondering if you managed to get the Deluxe, I dont think they starting shipping yet though but I forget because they wouldnt let me order one :'(
                                The good folks at Grant are shipping out the orders for the Artist Editions first, then will be shipping the deluxe editions. I ordered one of each, so I'm still waiting.

John

Comment

Working...
                                X