Dark Tower: The Wind Through The Keyhole - DMG Limited Editions in 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    Yep! From the reactions on other boards, it looks like it was JUST posted. See the complete artwork here:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/win...le/promo_site/

Brian
    WOW!!!! That really is stunning. Damn I'd like to have that stuff framed.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
      But since I had the limiteds of 5-7, I must have forgot about the trades of 6 and 7 for some reason. Can't find them anywhere. To make matters even worse, the SK Library started making books that look exactly like the real thing from the actual publisher. I can't tell the difference. I even have some SK Library editions with the price on the DJ and I didn't think they were allowed to do that? How, in the name of God, are you supposed to tell the difference???
      Do you have any Half Price Books in your area that you can search? If not, you can search for books on eBay. I routinely look at Stephen King hardcovers at my local HPB locations to replace my PB editions. I always look for number lines indicating 1st edition 1st printing. What I find odd is that the SK Library editions cost $10 at HPB, which I thought was the price you pay through SK Library. Unless it says SK Library edition (which I have only see 1 or 2 times ever I think) I don't know how to tell the difference
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I really like that trade edition cover artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
          Do you have any Half Price Books in your area that you can search? If not, you can search for books on eBay. I routinely look at Stephen King hardcovers at my local HPB locations to replace my PB editions. I always look for number lines indicating 1st edition 1st printing. What I find odd is that the SK Library editions cost $10 at HPB, which I thought was the price you pay through SK Library. Unless it says SK Library edition (which I have only see 1 or 2 times ever I think) I don't know how to tell the difference
          Naw, I never heard of Half Priced Books. It seems most bookstores have gone out of business because of those damn E-readers and the internet. How I miss the 80's!!!

10 bucks? For their calendars, they charge $22.95 I think it is, and $18.98 or so for "regular" books. Plus shipping. It used to be $14.98 or so. But hell, it's infrequent I receive books from them nowadays because I've been a member so long and have received every book King has ever published (except for one I think it is). A couple weeks ago I got the 11/22/63 book and it's impossible to distinguish it from the regular edition. Mine has a price on the DJ and again, I don't know why or how they're allowed to do that. What happens if I sell a Grant trade edition claiming it's the real thing (like expensive 4th one) and the buyer gets my book club edition lol? I'll have to figure it all out someday on my own because they won't even reply to emails you send them, even for very long term members like me, which of course, greatly pisses me off.

Once again, this was way too long of a post, but can you or someone who see this tell me why exactly DT IV is worth so much?? I thought the same amount of copies were printed for each trade edition after the first two? I don't get it.

Forgot this: they did indeed used to say "Stephen King Library" but they quit that years ago, just like BOMC and the HBC as well.

Comment

Oops, I think it is actually BOMC that I have seen once or twice on books and see a lot of at Half Price Books, not the SK Library. You could go to their website and see if you have any nearby, they just sell used book, but most are in very nice shape. The one closest to me has had the same hardcover copy of Lansdale's Lost Echoes that has a bunch of water damage that they still want too much money for (anything above $1 is too much for a book in that condition).
            Spoiler!

Comment

Oh, and I also am curious why DT IV is worth so much. Have no idea whatsoever about that one
              Spoiler!

Comment

Oh, and I also am curious why DT IV is worth so much. Have no idea whatsoever about that one
                I think BOMC owns SKL and HBC.
                But I have the 4th DT book, I wish too I knew why it was worth so much.
                Somebody here must know??

Comment

DT IV had a lower print run than II and III

Comment

DT IV is also one of the most popular books of the series, so greater demand. Most people seem to love DTI and/or DTIV the most.

Comment

Thanks guys, now I know why. But it's odd they'd lower the print run for the fourth book.

Comment

My guess is that at the time it was a matter of how quickly the books were selling prior to the production of that one.

Comment

Oh, looks like I forgot to comment on the cover art for this one. I must say that I am not a fan of the cover for the Grant edition. Not that the art is bad, but just that it really does not fit with the book series. Looks more suited to a comic book/graphic novel than as a Dark Tower (or Stephen King in general) novel's cover art. Scribner's cover art on the other hand, I really like. Also don't like the font used on the Grant edition
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Oh, looks like I forgot to comment on the cover art for this one. I must say that I am not a fan of the cover for the Grant edition. Not that the art is bad, but just that it really does not fit with the book series. Looks more suited to a comic book/graphic novel than as a Dark Tower (or Stephen King in general) novel's cover art. Scribner's cover art on the other hand, I really like. Also don't like the font used on the Grant edition
                            Yeah, that's true, but what I've seen with Dark Tower 8, it sure looks like it doesn't fit with the others either.
                            Maybe because this is supposed to be some sort of new beginning? Sorta like the Friday the 13t horror movies????

Comment

I have a question that hopefully you expert collectors can answer. I passed on the US limited of 11/22/63 because I had already purchased the UK limited. When I look up prices now, the UK limited is selling at or below what I paid for it. I just now ordered a UK limited of The Wind Through the Keyhole because I can't get the limited from Grant. Is it worth another $220, or am I better off just getting an artist edition from Grant?

If only I could just stop buying these completely--I promised myself after I got a lettered IT that I'd never buy another book again. . . .

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
                                I have a question that hopefully you expert collectors can answer. I passed on the US limited of 11/22/63 because I had already purchased the UK limited. When I look up prices now, the UK limited is selling at or below what I paid for it. I just now ordered a UK limited of The Wind Through the Keyhole because I can't get the limited from Grant. Is it worth another $220, or am I better off just getting an artist edition from Grant?

If only I could just stop buying these completely--I promised myself after I got a lettered IT that I'd never buy another book again. . . .
                                Some people worry about the value of the UK limited editions because they have a facsimile signature from King and not a real one, but they are limited to such a low run that I do think they'll be "okay" in the future in terms of value. It just might be a long ways down the road instead of a quick increase like some books (like the Limited Edition of IT).

A lot of people wondered what the point was of buying our unsigned Gift Edition of FROM A BUICK 8 for $75 back in 2002, but if you look at the prices of that edition now, it's done okay for those who are solely investing in their collection.

But in the end, I guess it comes down to whether your collection will miss the book, you know?

Brian
                                Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Working...
                                X