Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go for the DMG artist edition!!!

Comment

My collection would miss the book, so facsimile signature or not, it's gonna get added to the collection

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
        My collection would miss the book, so facsimile signature or not, it's gonna get added to the collection
        LOL I passed on that one because of the bogus sig. Besides, I already have the true limited (or will have).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
          LOL I passed on that one because of the bogus sig. Besides, I already have the true limited (or will have).
          Me too - I just can't help myself tho
          Last edited by Grant Wootton; 02-08-2012, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jigertz View Post
            I have a question that hopefully you expert collectors can answer. I passed on the US limited of 11/22/63 because I had already purchased the UK limited. When I look up prices now, the UK limited is selling at or below what I paid for it. I just now ordered a UK limited of The Wind Through the Keyhole because I can't get the limited from Grant. Is it worth another $220, or am I better off just getting an artist edition from Grant?

If only I could just stop buying these completely--I promised myself after I got a lettered IT that I'd never buy another book again. . . .
            I based this on what I have at the moment, which is all lower-end Grant editions of the DT books. Like you, I purchased the UK limited of 11/22/63, but in that situation it was the most limited edition I could get my hands on. I think the Grant edition of TWTTK will be a better fit for me than the UK limited, so I passed on it.

Of course, a lot of it depends on your book budget. I spent a lot on books last year, and a lot on gadgets for the home, so I'm trying to be more picky about which limiteds I buy this year.

Comment

Lilja has pictures of a lot of the illustrations for this edition of the book. I don't know what everyone else here thinks but I am not a fan of a lot of this art. The art itself is great, no question about that, but it really doesn't seem right to me for a novel. The cover art and now the interior art just seems much more appropriate for graphic novel. If I had the other Grant editions I'd get this one, but I have no limited editions of The Dark Tower books so I find it easy to pass on this one
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I honestly like it, but i'm waiting to read the book to see if the fit ok with the story!

Comment

Well like I said, I like the art itself, just really seems to be made for a graphic novel. Maybe I'll change my mind after I read it though. So far I am really preferring the US trade edition cover
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    Well like I said, I like the art itself, just really seems to be made for a graphic novel. Maybe I'll change my mind after I read it though. So far I am really preferring the US trade edition cover
                    I definitely agree with you that the US trade cover is the best. The limited, US and UK are all different styles but that one just stands out for me!

Comment

Got my edition from Grant today! Pics will be posted in my thread!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Okay, I'm waiting. hahaha. I ordered this so curious to see it. What do you think of it?
                        "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Looks pretty good (The cover is different; it's more in tune with the comics.)
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The artist edition?

Comment

Yes, unnumbered issue of 5000, signed by the artist.. On sale at https://secure.grantbooks.com/. $75.00 plus shipping.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

C'mon now dont underestimate me I know exactly where to get it. lol. I was wondering if you managed to get the Deluxe, I dont think they starting shipping yet though but I forget because they wouldnt let me order one :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X