No announcement yet.

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I'm surprised we even did one for Full Throttle.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      There are some folks out there who only make cases on an individual basis, no bulk orders... I've thought about contacting one of them to finish my Joe Hill books. It always slips my mind and then I forget who they are, though! I want to make a list at some point since readers do ask about getting custom cases made for their collection!
      I have seen those and have considered them, may someday order them, but I like the way Cemetery Dance makes the case look like it was designed for the trade edition rather than a generic case.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
        Honestly I'm surprised we even did one for Full Throttle.
        Please keep doing them going forward!

Comment

Unfortunately, we did some experiments with this with a few older books by another author (nice fellow from Maine named Stephen King!), and we just *barely* reached the minimum run needed for it to make sense to produce the cases.

So, looking at the numbers, we realized we'd have to charge significantly more for these "late to the market aftermarket" cases, and as the price goes up, sales probably go down... which creates a bad cycle.

I wish we could do a little better with these slipcases for earlier books because I'd love to have a nice, full set of Joe's work like that!

Brian
          This dude that goes by BJF is doing some Hill books I hear with slipcases

There are some folks out there who only make cases on an individual basis, no bulk orders... I've thought about contacting one of them to finish my Joe Hill books. It always slips my mind and then I forget who they are, though! I want to make a list at some point since readers do ask about getting custom cases made for their collection!
          Jeff Whiley over in England makes some pretty nice custom cases but probably more on the generic side. Plus you'd need to order several to make the shipping worthwhile. Great guy though, he's made quite a few for me.

Comment

Is anyone doing the latest CDCC announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Jeff Whiley over in England makes some pretty nice custom cases but probably more on the generic side. Plus you'd need to order several to make the shipping worthwhile. Great guy though, he's made quite a few for me.
              I can vouch for Jeff also. I really like his cases and own a few myself.

Mulleins
              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                I can vouch for Jeff also. I really like his cases and own a few myself.

Mulleins
                I believe there is a guy that does them stateside that I read about over on TDT. Heard he can be quite the ass though. My loyalties are with Jeff.

Comment

I think it's a really cool offer for a really great cause. But alas, I am poor...

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                    I think it's a really cool offer for a really great cause. But alas, I am poor...
                    Ditto.

Comment

I have seen photos of Jeff's cases and agree they are generic. May opt for them on the Hill trades though. How much does he charge for the cases?

Comment

Easy pass for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I have seen photos of Jeff's cases and agree they are generic. May opt for them on the Hill trades though. How much does he charge for the cases?
                          I believe they are about $15-$16 US. He can ship 5 or 6, depending on size for about the same amount too.

Comment

Ditto.
                            What if a group of us go in together? We'll do it Mad Libs style! ;-)

Comment

I believe they are about $15-$16 US. He can ship 5 or 6, depending on size for about the same amount too.
                              Well that is indeed much cheaper than I thought. I may just have to go with his. I would need at least 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
                                What if a group of us go in together? We'll do it Mad Libs style! ;-)
                                I got $5.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Well that is indeed much cheaper than I thought. I may just have to go with his. I would need at least 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X