Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Well that is indeed much cheaper than I thought. I may just have to go with his. I would need at least 5.
    I love the cases he made for my trade editions of Bag of Bones.

    45547E80-15A3-4498-B030-9DA40110625A.jpg26F487C9-CD9F-4B69-8427-BAF2E5222999.jpg

    Comment


      Those are slick. How come two copies? One signed or both perhaps?

      Comment


        Did anyone "bite" on the CDCC offer today? I was hesitant, wanted to investigate just what this was exactly before deciding. Now I see that it's gone already. As a fairly serious collector of the subject- I am curious as this CD joint project seems to be a little out of left field- and gone already. Since it's no longer offered, can Brian or Dan comment a bit more on the nature of this co-publishing venture?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Splync View Post
          What if a group of us go in together? We'll do it Mad Libs style! ;-)
          Something similar actually crossed my mind. If there were a way to pool resources with one or more fellow members to help ease the financial burden, then it may be more of a possibility. It would need to be creative to make it work, but unfortunately it was otherwise a pretty instant decision that it was well outside the current budget.

          Comment


            Originally posted by swintek View Post
            Did anyone "bite" on the CDCC offer today? I was hesitant, wanted to investigate just what this was exactly before deciding. Now I see that it's gone already. As a fairly serious collector of the subject- I am curious as this CD joint project seems to be a little out of left field- and gone already. Since it's no longer offered, can Brian or Dan comment a bit more on the nature of this co-publishing venture?
            I thought about it when I received the email as I do not own a copy and thought this might be the right time, but I was at work and didn’t have a chance to revisit it until late evening. And by that point as you mentioned it was already gone. Seemed a very impressive copy though.

            Comment


              Hmm I'm confused. To my knowledge we didn't pull it from the site. In fact I just checked the link we sent the CDCC and it's still there and working.

              Edit: Oh never mind. Looks like Brian set it to out of print.

              Edit2: Talked to Brian, there seems to have been some confusion with Gemini Artifacts about the price. It'll be back up later today at a new price. If you managed to snag a copy yesterday, you'll have gotten it at a pretty heavy discount.
              Last edited by Dan Hocker; 05-01-2020, 02:28 PM.
              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

              Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                Edit2: Talked to Brian, there seems to have been some confusion with Gemini Artifacts about the price. It'll be back up later today at a new price. If you managed to snag a copy yesterday, you'll have gotten it at a pretty heavy discount.
                Man, I liked that other price better...

                Comment


                  Glad it was sorted out and still available for those interested even with the higher price. Thank you for the explanation.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                    Those are slick. How come two copies? One signed or both perhaps?
                    Both are signed. My wife an I saw King when he stopped in Chicago on his Bag of Bones book tour and we each got a signed copy. I met King and talked to him for a brief minute and it was wonderful. I still have the tickets to the event in pristine condition with each book.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                      Glad it was sorted out and still available for those interested even with the higher price. Thank you for the explanation.
                      Very true. It's a very gorgeous looking edition. I really want someone to buy it and post more photos so that I can vicariously live through them.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        Both are signed. My wife an I saw King when he stopped in Chicago on his Bag of Bones book tour and we each got a signed copy. I met King and talked to him for a brief minute and it was wonderful. I still have the tickets to the event in pristine condition with each book.
                        My wife and I did the same thing on that same tour. I ended up selling her copy some time ago, but I still have my copy on my shelf. I didn't think until days after that I should have kept the tickets (for verification of signature /provenance, if nothing else).
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Splync View Post
                          Man, I liked that other price better...
                          No kidding. I'm still unsure of what it is exactly. Specifically- is the book itself newly printed? Who's printing it- CD? There's info about the cover and the chachkies but absolutely nothing about the interior.

                          Comment


                            I can appreciate the appeal that books like this Gemini edition and yesterday's "TOP SECRET Unique New Special!" offer hold for some, but I guess my tastes run much too conservative and traditional, as gimmicky (not really the right descriptive word as it suggests I look at them negatively, which I certainly don't, but I'm at a loss for the right term) books like this just don't do it for me. They're interesting, to be sure, but I"m afraid they're just not my thing.
                            Last edited by RonClinton; 05-01-2020, 06:40 PM.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                              I can appreciate the appeal that books like this Gemini edition and the yesterday's (?) "TOP SECRET Unique New Special!" offer hold for some, but I guess my tastes run much too conservative and traditional, as gimmicky (not really the right descriptive word as it suggests I look at them negatively, which I certainly don't, but I'm at a loss for the right term) books like this just don't do it for me. They're interesting, to be sure, but I"m afraid they're just not my thing.
                              I money were not an issue I would have jumped on the TOP SECRET offer--depending on the TOP SECRET author. That's a very cool thing. But no way could I swing that.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by swintek View Post
                                No kidding. I'm still unsure of what it is exactly. Specifically- is the book itself newly printed? Who's printing it- CD? There's info about the cover and the chachkies but absolutely nothing about the interior.
                                We're just selling it. We have nothing to do with the printing or production.

                                Yes, it is newly printed:

                                "For your consideration is this hand-aged reproduction of the 1899 first US Edition..."

                                Brian
                                Brian James Freeman
                                brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                                Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                                Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                                Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X