Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    FYI. Thursday is the last day to get a CDCC 10 T-Shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    There's been 3 collectors sets. #1 was The Crane House, Death Hunt on Ervoon, and The Girl on the Glider. Set #2 was Vortex, Jack and Jill, and Four Killers. Set #3 is Halloween Carnival, Killer Crimes, and Four Shadows.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Someone in the Club is going to need to sell me their copy of KILLER CRIMES, so talk amongst yourselves and figure out who it’s going to be. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    This might be the one you are looking for. I do not think it is updated though. https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ale-quot-Books

The CD web page has some info as well: https://www.cemeterydance.com/not-for-sale-books.html and https://www.cemeterydance.com/preord...-editions.html
    Oh- those links are super-helpful. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by taost33 View Post
    The third book is supposed to be a round robin, four stories by 5 authors (one collaboration). Someone on the forum put together a very nice list of "not for sale" books. Like cdcc books, collectors clubs and book clubs. I just deleted the bookmark on my phone this week and now cannot find it. Anyone know where it is?
    This might be the one you are looking for. I do not think it is updated though. https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...ale-quot-Books

The CD web page has some info as well: https://www.cemeterydance.com/not-for-sale-books.html and https://www.cemeterydance.com/preord...-editions.html
    Last edited by Martin; 10-26-2019, 08:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• taost33
    replied
    Originally posted by swintek View Post
    It looks like KILLER CRIMES was also part of that same Collector's Set (#3). I don't have much memory of these "Collector's Sets". Are those the only 2 books in the set? Does anyone know what were in the first 2?
    The third book is supposed to be a round robin, four stories by 5 authors (one collaboration). Someone on the forum put together a very nice list of "not for sale" books. Like cdcc books, collectors clubs and book clubs. I just deleted the bookmark on my phone this week and now cannot find it. Anyone know where it is?

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Ohh it was in the collectors set. Huh that's a weird one for us to have used in the collectors set. Usually those books are all more novella sized. I wonder why we did that...
    It looks like KILLER CRIMES was also part of that same Collector's Set (#3). I don't have much memory of these "Collector's Sets". Are those the only 2 books in the set? Does anyone know what were in the first 2?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Man, I'm 0-2 on this dang book: Product page says from the CD Collector's Set # 3, not Club. Sorry for the confusion- all on my part. In any case- would still like to get this book!
    Ohh it was in the collectors set. Huh that's a weird one for us to have used in the collectors set. Usually those books are all more novella sized. I wonder why we did that...

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Apparently this time two Rons don't make it right.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    Which book are we talking about here? Halloween Carnival? If so that book wasn't part of a club or anything. It's actually hasn't even been officially announced. CDCC 3 already received their exclusive books.
    Man, I'm 0-2 on this dang book: Product page says from the CD Collector's Set # 3, not Club. Sorry for the confusion- all on my part. In any case- would still like to get this book!

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

And, yay- I finally get to disagree with the otherwise erudite and simpatico Ron Clinton, and say that since I am fortunate enough to keep my books and papers in a dwelling with four walls and a roof (and, I absolutely do NOT take that lightly in these economically crazy-tough, housing-challenged times), that I find "Paper Weights", and the like totally, and bizarrely unuseful, and very much prefer the vastly utilitarian T-shirts, Tote Bags, Ball Caps, et al.
    Apparently this time two Rons don't make it right.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    This I don't understand from the writer's point of view. Why would they want the book announced before being written? That stresses me out--from either point of view: author and publisher--just thinking about it...
    I'm not a fan, as either an author or publisher. Sometimes it's because they want to try to leverage the announcement into a sale of other rights (trade, foreign, etc). Sometimes they just want to be able to point at it as a thing they're doing right now. Either way, we try to avoid the practice as much as possible these days!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Ah, right. I guess I was thinking of the forthcoming HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL, but that is a reprint anthology, now that I look at it. Since we're "here"- is there an update on that volume? I wasn't a CDCC #3 member, unfortunately, and won't be owed a copy when it comes out, but- it looks like a cool book, none-the-less, and hope I can snag one on the secondary market.
    Which book are we talking about here? Halloween Carnival? If so that book wasn't part of a club or anything. It's actually hasn't even been officially announced. CDCC 3 already received their exclusive books.

Leave a comment:

• swintek
    replied
    I don't think we've ever done a exclusive Halloween book for the CDCC or any club. We've done a handful of "this is only available to preorder for 48 hours only" Halloween books. Unfortunately the last one of these we did the author hasn't finished writing yet, which is probably why we haven't done anymore.
    Ah, right. I guess I was thinking of the forthcoming HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL, but that is a reprint anthology, now that I look at it. Since we're "here"- is there an update on that volume? I wasn't a CDCC #3 member, unfortunately, and won't be owed a copy when it comes out, but- it looks like a cool book, none-the-less, and hope I can snag one on the secondary market.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    We still get authors and their agents asking us to announce books before they are written, but unless we absolutely have to for contractual reasons, we don’t.

Brian
    This I don't understand from the writer's point of view. Why would they want the book announced before being written? That stresses me out--from either point of view: author and publisher--just thinking about it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X