Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pumpheel
    replied
    Got mine today. Not a clue on what it will be. Anybody know?

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I got a shipping notice for this today. Be interesting to see what it is!
    _CHAPBK32 CDCC 11 Signed Chapbook Chapbook 1.00 1.00 0.00
    Date Shipped Via
    12/30/21 MIVA USPS PRIORITY MAIL

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jarhead View Post
    Is it me or is CDCC membership becoming more and more worthless? Between eBay and the new "trick-or-treat" emails, they don't even offer rare/out of print books to the CDCC anymore. Moreover, the gift certificates bought in the past can't even be used to buy what they are offering since they circumvented that by only accepting PayPal/Venmo. I'm sure this is all an effort to raise capitol, but $100 yearly to get 15% a few books I don't even want is not worth it. Thanks for letting me buy cheap certs and store credit with little to spend it on and for early access to the latest King novel that's still 3yrs out. Rant over.
    This has been the first of many years where I gave the CDCC a miss. The benefits that the club gave buyers have been getting poorer for a number of years. The exclusive book takes forever to appear, the various trinkets and clothing don't interest me and the small discounts on books aren't usually worthwhile. You'll pick most CD books up on ebay far cheaper and won't be paying years in advance.

The only incentive for me now would be the discount in gift certificates. I won't be purchasing any more of them though until the backlog of books I have preordered are delivered. Looking at the recent production updates it looks like that will be a long way away

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    I was a member for at least two consecutive years. Joined in one year for a Iimited Simon Clark (JUDAS TREE) and a mosaic novella. That was years ago. Not even sure which year that specific club. I did inquire about both several times prior to the current pandemic but never did get a straight answer. I understand how supply chains in printing (especially in the small press) has been impacted by current events and CD does put out quality products but I do wish these backlog of promised books would be addressed with a list of each book and the status.

Jim
    Last edited by Jargendeli; 12-10-2021, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    It's nice that the update email went to CDCC people first at least, but yeah, it's a bummer that the gift cards won't work for those.
    That WPB lettered edition is just taunting me. It's one of my grail items, but I simply cannot swing it during this holiday season.

Leave a comment:

• Jarhead
    replied
    Is it me or is CDCC membership becoming more and more worthless? Between eBay and the new "trick-or-treat" emails, they don't even offer rare/out of print books to the CDCC anymore. Moreover, the gift certificates bought in the past can't even be used to buy what they are offering since they circumvented that by only accepting PayPal/Venmo. I'm sure this is all an effort to raise capitol, but $100 yearly to get 15% a few books I don't even want is not worth it. Thanks for letting me buy cheap certs and store credit with little to spend it on and for early access to the latest King novel that's still 3yrs out. Rant over.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dannyb View Post
    I wouldn't be upset about that. I feel I didn't hear much about the club as I did last year.
    Complete speculation on my part but I expect things to remain pretty low key until current supply chain issues have eased up and they can once again start shipping on a more predictable schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyb
    replied
    I wouldn't be upset about that. I feel I didn't hear much about the club as I did last year.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dannyb View Post
    Did we find out what this year's cdcc special edition book is yet?
    All I have heard is that it is a Chizmar title.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyb
    replied
    Did we find out what this year's cdcc special edition book is yet?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Received the Stephen King CDCC grab bag form a couple of months ago.
    - PS Publishing The Dead Zone numbered edition. (I pass on most of the PS books and did this one as well. The art invokes the story well. Glad to have it added to my collection)
    - CD ARC Stephen King Limited. (I already have this ARC so it must have been in some other offer earlier in the year) This was the only disappointment as I already had it.
    - A Gwendy's Button Box promotional magnet that was never distributed. (Really cool item)
    - Two prints from the Night Shift Art portfolio (B&W Lawnmower Man and Color Children of the Corn Gift edition cover) Definitely will frame these if I can find a place to put them.

Overall very nice selection of items.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Yeah. Our system sent a old email instead of the one it was supposed to send.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post

I think it may have been an error. I clicked the link within minutes and the page wasn’t valid and typically it would say sold out instead. So I expect it was some type of glitch since the email was also very similar to a prior offer sent last month.
    Good call it does say July in the link

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by taost33 View Post

Good call. Looks like the same email that went out on 7/28 for the paperback grab bag.
    I don't have the CDCC this year, I did snag the trade paperback grab bag when I got the email. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• taost33
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post

I think it may have been an error. I clicked the link within minutes and the page wasn’t valid and typically it would say sold out instead. So I expect it was some type of glitch since the email was also very similar to a prior offer sent last month.
    Good call. Looks like the same email that went out on 7/28 for the paperback grab bag.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X