Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I know CD will do these books justice and they will be worth owning even without the sig; but, if the original version of The Stand is not included in this set, I'll probably wonder to myself "Why bother?" I'll probably feel differently in 2016 when it is finally announced (and I have one or two of the them on my shelf), but right now, it's just depressing to think about.

I think too much....
    But the Complete & Uncut Edition of The Stand is much better...
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

I agree.....Squire you think to much.. I love the uncut version of The Stand.That being said having just read the original Stand it was very good. I do believe that it was already announced that the book would be the uncut version. Seems kind of strange being that these are the original first six books. I am going to get it either way. My guess is that it probably has to do with what Stephen King wanted.

Comment

Yeah, I'll probably get it too. It's just that, right now, a whole generation doesn't know how great that book once was--all due to the author's ego. He has a hard time with the fact that Kubrick's version of The Shining is great and that his vanity project ruined one of his true masterpieces.

Oh well. I will always have my 11th print trade of the original.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I a guessing it will be the uncut. Personally, either one is fine to me, but I can certainly see why people would want the original edition.

Comment

Well... Pulled the trigger on Carrie.

Comment

I highly doubt you regret jumping in!
              Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
              Well... Pulled the trigger on Carrie.

Comment

OOhh!!Oooohhhhh!!!! More artwork!!! http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king09

Comment

Comment

Loving the new artwork on the Artist Edition!!

It has to be said, I really like the cover artwork on both editions! This is definitely going to be an awesome book, I can't wait to see more!!!
                    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                    - Stephen King

Comment

I like the gift edition cover, but holy crap, that cover for the AE is amazing! That is probably one of my favorite covers I've seen in a while.

Comment

Haha love the dumb and dumber reference.

Comment

Yeah, we didn't get a chance to send the production update out today, but this will be part of it when we send it tomorrow:

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Will the cover artwork for the lettered edition be posted soon too?
                            - Stephen King

Comment

Utterly amazing! LOVE it!

sk

Comment

Love the artwork. Looking forward to receiving the Artist Edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X