X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, thanks again Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      If the timing works out, we'll want to notify the previous set purchasers after we notify the collectors who bought the previous book but before the general public.

So the notification order might go something like this for The Shining, spaced out a few days for each group to have an exclusive window:

Collectors who bought 'Salem's Lot
      CDCC
      Collectors who bought Carrie
      The General Public Announcement

Brian

Hey Brian, you need a few more groups in there, I don't think that's complicated enough!!

Comment

If the timing works out, we'll want to notify the previous set purchasers after we notify the collectors who bought the previous book but before the general public.

So the notification order might go something like this for The Shining, spaced out a few days for each group to have an exclusive window:

Collectors who bought 'Salem's Lot
        CDCC
        Collectors who bought Carrie
        The General Public Announcement

Brian
        Just a quick question, Brian:

As I have purchased Carrie, does that mean I will be notified about Salem's Lot before I would be as part of the CDCC and therefore miss out on the CDCC discount that would be offered, or should I just wait to be offered under my membership of the CDCC before jumping on the next book?
        "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
        - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          Tom, You're right.... I have relented.....
          ....As I have purchased Carrie,...

...."very begrudgingly" you might add. You don't deserve a discount. LOL

bazinga.jpg

Comment

Just a quick question, Brian:

As I have purchased Carrie, does that mean I will be notified about Salem's Lot before I would be as part of the CDCC and therefore miss out on the CDCC discount that would be offered, or should I just wait to be offered under my membership of the CDCC before jumping on the next book?
            That's a good question. We'll have to figure out a way to get the CDCC members any discount ahead of time!

Brian
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

That's a good question. We'll have to figure out a way to get the CDCC members any discount ahead of time!

Brian
              Maybe like you did this time, send the email with the code early but don't provide the link. The link can then be sent to the buyers of the previous title and they'll already have the code if they're in the CDCC.

Comment

There is a really good explanation here:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2013/01/the...d-pet-sematary

Make sure you read up to the paragraph that begins "The book opens when Louis Creed and his family—wife Rachel, daughter Ellie..." to get the full story of how the book ended up being published by Doubleday.

Brian
                You just had to post this didn't you....... I've seen the movie countless times, and have the pb at home, but I don't think I've ever read it - now...... it just moved up very high on my TBR list, and possible to be purchased in HC list.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                  You just had to post this didn't you....... I've seen the movie countless times, and have the pb at home, but I don't think I've ever read it - now...... it just moved up very high on my TBR list, and possible to be purchased in HC list.
                  I think if someone has read Pet Sematary they would remember it, very memorable. I read it when I was 12 and still remember how it creeped me out.
                  Last edited by subie09lega; 04-09-2014, 03:30 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Comment

Pet was my first King title and that last page alone.......SWEET!!!

Comment

Thanks, Brian. That was a great explanation. What a way to do business.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        I think if someone has read Pet Sematary they would remember it, very memorable. I read it when I was 12 and still remember how it creeped me out.
                        Back then, I was more of a, I'll just watch the movie person. I do regret it now, and now I am stuck going back and reading stuff like this. I know my sister was a "the book is better than the movie" person.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          Back then, I was more of a, I'll just watch the movie person. I do regret it now, and now I am stuck going back and reading stuff like this. I know my sister was a "the book is better than the movie" person.
                          I did the same thing. If I saw the movie, I would never go and read the book. I have a lot of catching up to do...

Comment

I recently got into collecting and was looking into some nice editions of early King. I was about to take the plunge on the PS edition of Carrie when this was announced. I happily bought the CD Gift edition. It looks like it's going to be a beautiful book.

I'll get 'Salems Lot when it comes out, even though I have the illustrated version. But I'll have to think long and hard about The Shining. I love the book, but I just won the Subterranean Press version on Ebay. I might take the plunge and sell the SP version later on. But that decision is a year away.

I don't have the others, so those will be automatic purchases.

Comment

For me, the single example of the movie being almost or actully as good as the book was The Silence of the Lambs.

Comment

We ship them all of their books in one big shipment, so they end up paying a fraction for shipping compared to what it would cost to ship all of those same books to individual customers in individual shipments. Plus, I get this feeling that they're not getting charged as much by their Post Office as we are by ours these days. So PS Publishing is really smart place to order from if you're in the UK or Europe.

Brian
                                Or Canada...Its much cheaper to order from them. I rarely ever do though because I usually jump on the CD announcement long before I ever realize PS is getting any.

Comment

Working...
                                X