No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what would be insanely cool (to me at least)...if the last book whichever it is (perhaps The Stand as the crown jewel) would be the signed (King signed) edition to finish the set. Adding 6 signed King Books at the rate of one per six months may be out the range of many people but if we pick them up for $250-$300 and then top it off with a final signed edition it would make one stellar set! Getting Stephen to sign 6,000 signature sheets was likely never realistic but finishing this off with a signed book would make the set perhaps the most prized possession on many of our bookshelves. Shoot now I might be kicking myself for removing the lettered copy from my cart.

Comment

My heartfelt congratulations to the folks at CD. This is quite a coup! I look forward to seeing the family photos in a few collector's threads in the coming years.
      The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
      Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
      ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Comment

The New York Times write-up about our Stephen King Doubleday Collection:

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...ype=blogs&_r=0

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Nice article. Congratulations again.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
            Carrie customers will be emailed first about early ordering for 'Salem's Lot. Probably the signed edition customers first and then the Gift Edition customers next, but all before the general public.

Brian
            That is comforting that we can basically be locked in for joining the venture from the start. Cheers to that! Thought I would point it out, help drive some off the fence

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              But Mr. Dogz the books are OVERSIZED EDITIONS..
              Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Come on......
              OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....OVERSIZED EDITIONS....OVERSIZED EDITIONS.....ALL WILL BE OVERSIZED EDITIONS....
              Tom, You're right.... I have relented and I'm in for the long haul for this set as I have just purchased an Artist Edition of Carrie.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Congratz on taking the plunge, TDog!!!

I hope you find the water not too chilly...

"I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Brian posted this this morning on thedarktower.org. Thought it was interesting considering the anniversary editions by PS and the Shining by Sub Press being recently released. Didn't realize it worked like this. I wonder then, what is required from the author to publish books of this nature?

Subsidiary rights, like the rights to publish a Limited Edition, are for a set term, often as little as 18 months. Usually no more than 5 years since the edition should be long sold out by then. Sometimes the term is from the date of signing the contract and sometimes from the publication date.

In the case of PS Publishing's Anniversary Edition, their deal is with the UK publisher for a UK edition and does not involve SK or the US rights.

Hope that helps!

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    Brian posted this this morning on thedarktower.org. Thought it was interesting considering the anniversary editions by PS and the Shining by Sub Press being recently released. Didn't realize it worked like this. I wonder then, what is required from the author to publish books of this nature?
                    Yeah, that makes sense. It is an entirely different market from a legal/business perspective. Luckily for us, CD is in the US, because I think the CD books will be in a class of their own.

Comment

YES!Yes!Yes!YES!YES!YES!. You can tell I watched Wrestlemania with my boys this weekend. That's the new cool thing to chant at their events I guess... Glad I could help you part with your money...
                      Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                      Tom, You're right.... I have relented and I'm in for the long haul for this set as I have just purchased an Artist Edition of Carrie.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                        Order the AE now and if you regret it you can cancel it later, but chances are you won't regret it. I've gone the cheaper route before and regretted it later.
                        After going back and forth all day yesterday about if I was going to get this or not, I decided to go for the Artist Edition. I know there was some disappointment on other sites about these not being signed by King, but the more I think about it, the more I think that this set will wind up being really nice. Now I need 50% off sales so I can start stocking up on gift certificates for the next book!

I also think that Remarques for these books would be awesome!

And a thank you to Subie09lega, for the nudge in the right direction! I'm pretty excited for these books!

Comment

I'm happy to provide the nudge, at least you have more time to think about it especially if they sell out. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has passed on something and then kicked myself when it was released.

Brian, how close is the AE to selling out now? Last I saw, I think it was past 50%.

Comment

The AE is probably around 60% now. I think it'll take most of this week to sell out, so there's plenty of time for anyone who is on the fence, but it will sell out this month.

The whole set together is going to be beautiful. Sometimes it's hard to conceptualize what a project of this scope will end up like, but I think our collectors will be very pleased.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Brian - picturing this set together (no matter what version one picks) will be fantastic. The quality and hard work you guys put into your productions are top notch, and worth every penny.

Comment

I am wondering if they are going to somewhat match. Obviously the Dust Jacket is going to be individual to the book but what about Slipcases and Traycases? I know they will be amazing either way but I am a bit curious

Comment

Working...
                                X