Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Of course! I missed out on the Remarques for the first two and the Remarques of the portfolios. I had a chance for the Remarqued Lot portfolio but it came at a bad time and I didn't have the funds . I'll have the standard portfolios with matching numbers to their book counterparts of course. I suppose I could send the books off to be Remarqued and purchase the Remarqued portfolios aftermarket. Which leaves me with a dilemma if a Remarque is offered for The Shining. It'd drive me crazy to just have the one Remarqued and not the others. Which artists Remarqued the first two books when offered by CD? I assume Glenn was one of 'em.
    A remarque by Glenn Chadbourne was offered for Carrie.

Remarques by both Glenn Chadbourne and David Palumbo were offered for Salem's Lot.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
      I think Carrie is actually one of his less popular "early books" -- in the grand scheme of things, compared to 'Salem's Lot or The Shining or The Stand -- and the feedback we've gotten is that some collectors weren't sure what to expect from the set, so they were waiting to order until they had a better idea.

Brian
      That coupled with the release of CARRIE by PS Publishing almost simultaneously, it seemed like gift/anniversary edition overload and it put some people off.

I thought it was poor timing, but of course bought both anyway.

Comment

That's a big surprise to learn about IT as I mention over on TDT. I wasn't in the game at the time and assumed it as well sold out pre-production. I was being pretty bold with my 48 hour sell out prediction for The Shining; but not by much it'll seem. I agree, Martin. With the release of 'Salem's Lot and then The Shining; folks better not wait around too long when the remaining three are announced. Looks like our poor girl, Carrie is still looking for a date to the prom. What are your guys opinions on how come it didn't sell out and do you think there might be a run on it as well with the popularity of books 2 and 3?
        I'm ready for ebay when the prices finally go up....muwuhaha(or however it spelled)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          I'm sorry, Brian, you missed out on remarques for the first two books. Re your dilemma, I think I read somewhere remarques for The Shining will be offered. If you can afford them, I'd definitely go for them!

My Carrie AE was remarked by just Glenn Chadbourne. I don't think Tomislav Tikulin provided any remarques.
          My 'Salem's Lot will be remarked by both Glenn Chadbourne (even though I was disappointed with his Carrie work) and David Palumbo.
          I didn't go for remarqued portfolios ...have to draw the line somewhere.....

sk

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
          A remarque by Glenn Chadbourne was offered for Carrie.

Remarques by both Glenn Chadbourne and David Palumbo were offered for Salem's Lot.
          Thanks, Siep and Tim. How do you guys feel about going completely outside of the box and having a completely different artist do me a Remarque for the series?

Originally posted by ruderabbit View Post
          I'm ready for ebay when the prices finally go up....muwuhaha(or however it spelled)
          I've been debating whether to grab a few for a potential return on the secondary market as well.

Comment

...It'll be interesting to see if the popularity of the others moving forward will pull 'her' GE into the fray. As in this set is going to be so killer, gotta have the first one to go along with the others...
            Any idea how many Carries are left?
            Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
              Any idea how many Carries are left?
              There's a few hundred left. I suspect they'll all finally be gone this year!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                There's a few hundred left. I suspect they'll all finally be gone this year!

Brian
                I'd think that's a reasonable assumption. Just based off of how many more we sell every time we announce another book in the series.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

People will be very sorry if they miss out on Carrie.
                  Last edited by bsaenz24; 05-16-2016, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Siep and Tim. How do you guys feel about going completely outside of the box and having a completely different artist do me a Remarque for the series?
                    Sounds like an intriguing idea, Brian, and depending on the artist chosen, this could work out just fine.
                    Personally, if I were you, from The Shining - Pet Sematary, I'd go for what CD is going to offer and try to get a remarqued Carrie/'Salem's Lot elsewhere. You might have to pay more, but this shouldn't be too difficult I'd think.

sk

Comment

Sounds like an intriguing idea, Brian, and depending on the artist chosen, this could work out just fine.
                      Personally, if I were you, from The Shining - Pet Sematary, I'd go for what CD is going to offer and try to get a remarqued Carrie/'Salem's Lot elsewhere. You might have to pay more, but this shouldn't be too difficult I'd think.

sk
                      The only problem, Siep is that if I got the Remarques elsewhere, they wouldn't match my numbered set. I'm not collecting the GE editions. I have an artist in mind that has done work for me before. I just thought it'd be kinda neat to have the same artist other then the ones slated do the Remarques for the whole series. Something to chew on for sure. Appreciate your input, buddy .

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                        People will be very sorry if they miss out on Carrie.
                        I agree with that. It is a fantastic edition.

Comment

The Shining Gift Edition has been taken off the site as we neared 3,000 copies sold! Tomorrow and Thursday, we will manually check all of our counts to confirm exactly how close we are to all copies being reserved. We didn't expect the slipcased Gift Edition to sell this quickly, but our collectors have clearly spoken! Then, this FRIDAY, we will put the product back on the website and send out one more newsletter. Those last copies will be sold FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. No second chances.

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

The only problem, Siep is that if I got the Remarques elsewhere, they wouldn't match my numbered set. I have an artist in mind that has done work for me before. I just thought it'd be kinda neat to have the same artist other then the ones slated do the Remarques for the whole series.
                            That would be pretty neat, Brian - depending on the artist.
                            If it would be a choice between 100% matching numbers remarqued by a different artist or a non-matching set remarqued by the artists who did the book I would go for the latter option.
                            I like matching sets, but a book remarked by someone without a direct link to the book would not be my choice.
                            But that's just me, buddy!

sk

Comment

That would be pretty neat, Brian - depending on the artist.
                              If it would be a choice between 100% matching numbers remarqued by a different artist or a non-matching set remarqued by the artists who did the book I would go for the latter option.
                              I like matching sets, but a book remarked by someone without a direct link to the book would not be my choice.
                              But that's just me, buddy!

sk
                              My OCD just can't allow for it! lol

Comment

My OCD just can't allow for it! lol
                                If you really had it, you would call it CDO, because that's the order the letters belong in!!!! LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X