Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Theli View Post
    I'm loving the way these sketches are turning out. Not sure how the final work will turn out, but these have a sort of old school horror comic feel to them.
    I love the art, but I need to do a reread. I don't recall the stories enough to place them.

    Comment


      The art has a pulpish, men's-magazine kind of vibe, which suits the stories perfectly, given that that's from where most (all?) of the stories originated. It would've been unfortunate to see this kind of style for 'SALEM'S LOT or the others, but for NIGHT SHIFT I think that's right on the money.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

      Comment


        Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        The art has a pulpish, men's-magazine kind of vibe, which suits the stories perfectly, given that that's from where most (all?) of the stories originated. It would've been unfortunate to see this kind of style for 'SALEM'S LOT or the others, but for NIGHT SHIFT I think that's right on the money.
        Yep, that was exactly our goal when we discussed which artist to hire for the interior... I think everyone will be pleased with the 20 pieces he's working on!

        Brian
        Brian James Freeman
        brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

        Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
        Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
        Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

        Comment


          Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          The art has a pulpish, men's-magazine kind of vibe, which suits the stories perfectly, given that that's from where most (all?) of the stories originated. It would've been unfortunate to see this kind of style for 'SALEM'S LOT or the others, but for NIGHT SHIFT I think that's right on the money.
          Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          Yep, that was exactly our goal when we discussed which artist to hire for the interior... I think everyone will be pleased with the 20 pieces he's working on!

          Brian
          I think you're spot on, Ron with your assessment of how the art should be done in this edition. I honestly never thought about it til you mentioned that most, if not all, these stories first appeared in that medium. Good on CD as well if that's where it's headed.
          Last edited by Brian861; 05-14-2016, 08:51 AM.

          Comment


            The Numbered Artist Edition of THE SHINING has sold out!

            Brian
            Brian James Freeman
            brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

            Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
            Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
            Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

            Comment


              That is just awesome, Brian: congratulations to the Cemetery Dance folks responsible for another this success!
              And to us, the lucky buyers, who soon (well, let's stay optimistic here) may add another wonderful edition to their collection.

              sk

              Comment


                Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                The Numbered Artist Edition of THE SHINING has sold out!

                Brian
                That's great! The whole series is really nice. I'm especially looking forward to The Stand.

                Comment


                  So, sales aren't slowing much for the Slipcased Gift Edition of THE SHINING yet. We might be sending a special Sunday edition of our newsletter tomorrow, just so no one is caught off guard if this edition is gone early in the week.

                  http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king11

                  For historical context, our Slipcased Gift Edition of IT was the exact same number of copies, but that edition was still available to be ordered after the book was published. That clearly will not be the case here.

                  Brian
                  Brian James Freeman
                  brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                  Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                  Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                  Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    So, sales aren't slowing much for the Slipcased Gift Edition of THE SHINING yet. We might be sending a special Sunday edition of our newsletter tomorrow, just so no one is caught off guard if this edition is gone early in the week.

                    http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king11

                    For historical context, our Slipcased Gift Edition of IT was the exact same number of copies, but that edition was still available to be ordered after the book was published. That clearly will not be the case here.

                    Brian
                    It would appear that the word is out on how nice this set is shaping up to be.

                    Comment


                      That's a big surprise to learn about IT as I mention over on TDT. I wasn't in the game at the time and assumed it as well sold out pre-production. I was being pretty bold with my 48 hour sell out prediction for The Shining; but not by much it'll seem. I agree, Martin. With the release of 'Salem's Lot and then The Shining; folks better not wait around too long when the remaining three are announced. Looks like our poor girl, Carrie is still looking for a date to the prom. What are your guys opinions on how come it didn't sell out and do you think there might be a run on it as well with the popularity of books 2 and 3?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        That's a big surprise to learn about IT as I mention over on TDT. I wasn't in the game at the time and assumed it as well sold out pre-production. I was being pretty bold with my 48 hour sell out prediction for The Shining; but not by much it'll seem. I agree, Martin. With the release of 'Salem's Lot and then The Shining; folks better not wait around too long when the remaining three are announced. Looks like our poor girl, Carrie is still looking for a date to the prom. What are your guys opinions on how come it didn't sell out and do you think there might be a run on it as well with the popularity of books 2 and 3?
                        I think Carrie is actually one of his less popular "early books" -- in the grand scheme of things, compared to 'Salem's Lot or The Shining or The Stand -- and the feedback we've gotten is that some collectors weren't sure what to expect from the set, so they were waiting to order until they had a better idea.

                        Brian
                        Brian James Freeman
                        brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                        Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                        Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                        Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                          I think Carrie is actually one of his less popular "early books" -- in the grand scheme of things, compared to 'Salem's Lot or The Shining or The Stand -- and the feedback we've gotten is that some collectors weren't sure what to expect from the set, so they were waiting to order until they had a better idea. Brian
                          Makes sense. It'll be interesting to see if the popularity of the others moving forward will pull 'her' GE into the fray. As in this set is going to be so killer, gotta have the first one to go along with the others. The matched numbers and letters will be a goldmine, IMO, once it's all said and done. Of course we'll be left wanting more, Brian. Much, much more......(insert evil laugh here).

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            The matched numbers and letters will be a goldmine, IMO, once it's all said and done.
                            Definitely, Brian!
                            Plus remarques plus Artwork Portfolios!!
                            All matching (letter/number) of course!

                            sk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              Definitely, Brian!
                              Plus remarques plus Artwork Portfolios!!
                              All matching (letter/number) of course!

                              sk
                              Of course! I missed out on the Remarques for the first two and the Remarques of the portfolios. I had a chance for the Remarqued Lot portfolio but it came at a bad time and I didn't have the funds . I'll have the standard portfolios with matching numbers to their book counterparts of course. I suppose I could send the books off to be Remarqued and purchase the Remarqued portfolios aftermarket. Which leaves me with a dilemma if a Remarque is offered for The Shining. It'd drive me crazy to just have the one Remarqued and not the others. Which artists Remarqued the first two books when offered by CD? I assume Glenn was one of 'em.

                              Comment


                                I'm sorry, Brian, you missed out on remarques for the first two books. Re your dilemma, I think I read somewhere remarques for The Shining will be offered. If you can afford them, I'd definitely go for them!

                                My Carrie AE was remarked by just Glenn Chadbourne. I don't think Tomislav Tikulin provided any remarques.
                                My 'Salem's Lot will be remarked by both Glenn Chadbourne (even though I was disappointed with his Carrie work) and David Palumbo.
                                I didn't go for remarqued portfolios ...have to draw the line somewhere.....

                                sk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X