Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Well, for somebody not trying to be a "Dick" you did a good job. If you want to be snarky take yourself somewhere else, this isn't that kind of forum.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        Well, for somebody not trying to be a "Dick" you did a good job. If you want to be snarky take yourself somewhere else, this isn't that kind of forum.
        Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
          I did? By openly saying I wasn't trying to be a dick I was emphasizing that the ignorance was mine and not Brian's.

It was a simple question (based, like all questions, on the fact that the one asking lacked some knowledge) with a simple answer. Brian didn't take offense; I think he got this. Take a second read of my message and perhaps you'll agree.
          Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

No harm, no foul for me. Would it help everyone if I posted a photo of the Lettered Artist Edition??
            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

You're a good man, Brian. Again, I'm not actually a douchebag even if my posts make me look like one...

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                You're a good man, Brian. Again, I'm not actually a douchebag even if my posts make me look like one...
                Just my view, but I had no issue with your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Just my view, but I had no issue with your question.
                  The Internet is a tough place to interpret tone. When it comes to book related message boards, I assume the best until the person actually calls me a dick.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                    Looks great, of course.

Are these photos any different from the 9th and 10th ones down (if I'm counting correctly) on the "Photos" tab of http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king10? I'm not trying to be a d!ck; just curious if I'm missing what's actually new about these particular photos.

I think we're still waiting to see what the lettered edition looks like, and since photos are the closest I'll come to that, I can't wait to see those as well.
                    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    No harm, no foul for me. Would it help everyone if I posted a photo of the Lettered Artist Edition??
                    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    The Internet is a tough place to interpret tone. When it comes to book related message boards, I assume the best until the person actually calls me a dick.

Brian
                    I actually had to go and look what St. Troy was talking about it. Slow kid here but after a second glance, I now realize the traycase matches the AE binding as Brian pointed out, DOH!!! That just makes this edition that much more groovy IMO. And a super cool idea for the future editions as well. I'd personally love to see a sneak peek of the lettered, Brian!

As far as your comment, St. Troy. I guess it could have been perceived as snarky but I personally didn't take it that way and actually learned something from it. And yes, Brian is the best. I've seen much worse comments hurled his way on a different forum and he always answers with dignity and grace. I'd guess that's just one of the many reasons he holds the position that he does. Dude's a pretty damn good writer too if you've never read him . My wife calls me fanboy in regards to him so I'm probably on the bias side.

Comment

Ok, maybe it takes one to know one LOL!! Sorry, if I jumped the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        I actually had to go and look what St. Troy was talking about it. Slow kid here but after a second glance, I now realize the traycase matches the AE binding as Brian pointed out, DOH!!! That just makes this edition that much more groovy IMO. And a super cool idea for the future editions as well. I'd personally love to see a sneak peek of the lettered, Brian!

As far as your comment, St. Troy. I guess it could have been perceived as snarky but I personally didn't take it that way and actually learned something from it. And yes, Brian is the best. I've seen much worse comments hurled his way on a different forum and he always answers with dignity and grace. I'd guess that's just one of the many reasons he holds the position that he does. Dude's a pretty damn good writer too if you've never read him . My wife calls me fanboy in regards to him so I'm probably on the bias side.
                        Regarding that other board I would completely agree. I actually rarely post on that board due to the tenor of some of the posts. I will say that it has gotten much better. I actually stopped going to that site for a while.

Regarding Mr. Freeman's writing I would completely agree as well. I always feel a connection to the characters in his stories. I like all his work but to for someone getting started I would recommend 'The Painted Darkness' or 'Weak and Wounded'!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Regarding that other board I would completely agree. I actually rarely post on that board due to the tenor of some of the posts. I will say that it has gotten much better. I actually stopped going to that site for a while.

Regarding Mr. Freeman's writing I would completely agree as well. I always feel a connection to the characters in his stories. I like all his work but to for someone getting started I would recommend 'The Painted Darkness' or 'Weak and Wounded'!
                          I'll 2nd that, Martin on BJF's titles. The Painted Darkness was my first read.

Comment

Spoiler!

But seriously, The Gift Edition of 'Salem's Lot is incredibly beautiful. The AE looks spectacular! Cemetery Dance nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              Spoiler!
                              As long as the two never met, Tommy. It's all good

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                                As long as the two never met, Tommy. It's all good
                                So...many...responses...but no, I think I'll leave well enough alone! Ha!

Comment

Working...
                                X