Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stephen King the Doubleday Years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    'Salem's Lot and The Shining this year, Night Shift and The Stand next year, Pet Sematary after that.

    Brian
    Sure, those all sound great, but what about AFTER Pet Sematary??? What then Mr. Freeman!!! Dear God, WHAT THEN?!?!?!!?!?

    Comment


      Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
      Sure, those all sound great, but what about AFTER Pet Sematary??? What then Mr. Freeman!!! Dear God, WHAT THEN?!?!?!!?!?
      The Dead Zone, gimme The Dead Zone!

      Comment


        Eyes of the Dragon please.

        Comment


          I wanted to make a joke about Rich getting Steve drunk and putting a contract for Rage in front of him, but then I remembered that Steve is a recovering alcoholic and the joke wasn't funny anymore.

          Comment


            Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
            I wanted to make a joke about Rich getting Steve drunk and putting a contract for Rage in front of him, but then I remembered that Steve is a recovering alcoholic and the joke wasn't funny anymore.
            A nice limited for each Bachman book would be great!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
              'Salem's Lot and The Shining this year, Night Shift and The Stand next year, Pet Sematary after that.

              Brian
              Good to hear that The Shining will be coming out later this year. This is going to be one untouchable series once it's all said and done and upon the various shelves across the globe.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Martin View Post
                A nice limited for each Bachman book would be great!
                That's a helluva an idea, Martin! Although Rage would be a bit of an issue with no further reprints authorized.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                  'Salem's Lot and The Shining this year, Night Shift and The Stand next year, Pet Sematary after that.

                  Brian
                  Sorry to prolong the agony, but I think it's been about a year between initial announcement and actual publication for Carrie & SL, and since no announcement on The Shining has yet been made, is this schedule for the announcements (rather than the releases)? If so, I understand - the pre-release process is an event in itself (I know I've enjoyed it), I'm just trying to understand.

                  Thanks.
                  Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

                  Comment


                    An interesting situation for some collectors may arise this year, given that CD's The Shining is on tap (although I'm not clear on whether it will actually be published this year), and the Folio Society also plans to release an edition of The Shining in September or October. Some out there can easily get both, but some will likely have to choose just one, and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

                    I know the CD volumes will be oversized and contain bonus material, and if the artwork maintains the quality level established in Carrie and SL, the CD Shining will be nothing less than great. Having said that, FS invariably does quality work, but it can vary with regard to how close it hits or exceeds expectations (they occasionally aim at a different target). At the very least, the FS Shining will be distinctive and worth considering, but I wouldn't be surprise if it is a "fine" edition that doesn't land as many punches, so to speak, as the CD edition. Still, it will be interesting to see and compare.

                    The 2 or 3 bits of artwork for the FS Shining I've seen, which seem to be segments of illustrations and not full illustrations, were evocative but didn't blow me away (as with CD DY artwork, which has spoken for itself), but then perhaps I just need to see more.
                    Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                      Sorry to prolong the agony, but I think it's been about a year between initial announcement and actual publication for Carrie & SL, and since no announcement on The Shining has yet been made, is this schedule for the announcements (rather than the releases)? If so, I understand - the pre-release process is an event in itself (I know I've enjoyed it), I'm just trying to understand.

                      Thanks.
                      I believe the plan is for it to be actually out this year. I know there where some delays on Salems' Lot, I can't really remember what the cause of those delays was though. I think the plan for the announcements is that we don't want to announce the next one until the previous one is out the door and in peoples hands.
                      CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                      Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

                      Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        I think the plan for the announcements is that we don't want to announce the next one until the previous one is out the door and in peoples hands.
                        Yep, The Shining is fairly deep in production... And contains a pretty insane bonus feature that will make it a must-have for collectors, I think.
                        Brian James Freeman
                        brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                        Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                        Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                        Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I believe the plan is for it to be actually out this year. I know there where some delays on Salems' Lot, I can't really remember what the cause of those delays was though. I think the plan for the announcements is that we don't want to announce the next one until the previous one is out the door and in peoples hands.
                          Thanks!
                          Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            I believe the plan is for it to be actually out this year. I know there where some delays on Salems' Lot, I can't really remember what the cause of those delays was though. I think the plan for the announcements is that we don't want to announce the next one until the previous one is out the door and in peoples hands.
                            If I remember correctly a major portion of the delay was related to the file that came from the publisher needing to be hand entered due to some issue.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              If I remember correctly a major portion of the delay was related to the file that came from the publisher needing to be hand entered due to some issue.
                              That sounds familiar. So much stuff goes on here, it all runs together after awhile.
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                If I remember correctly a major portion of the delay was related to the file that came from the publisher needing to be hand entered due to some issue.
                                Yeah, the publisher files for 'Salem's Lot were in a strange proprietary format that made them a mess to work with. A lot of line-by-line copyediting went into fixing them, which also allowed us to fix some things that had been accidentally changed since the first printing!

                                Brian
                                Brian James Freeman
                                brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                                Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                                Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                                Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X