[INDEXED]IT: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have theory about "Assholery." It start with this:

A woman is in the hospital giving birth to her 10th child. Her previous 9 were all fathered by the same man and delivered by the same doctor; however, each of them was deformed in some way: a club foot, an extra digit, etc. The father and doctor for the 10th are the same. The father, we'll call him Joe, was pacing in the waiting room for several hours before the doctor came in. "Well, Joe," he said, "it's over. Congratualtions, you have a healthy, new son!" Joe is estatic. "Can I go in, now, Doc? Can I?" "Calm down, Joe, we'll go in soon, but I gotta ask you: if there were something...different...about your son, would you still love him?" Joe thinks this is the stupidest question in the worl, given their history. He assures the doctor that nothing could ever make him not love his son. So they go in.

Joe's wife is stting up in bed, holding a bundle of swaddling clothes against her breast. Joe runs over to her, kissses here gently and starts to undo the swaddling clothes. He starts at the bottom and works his way up: normal feet, normal legs, normal hips and dingus (no problem there, Wheeew!), normal torso, hands and arms. But when he unwraps the top, he sees a large eyeball that is open and lolling about atop the neck. Needless to say, this was NOT waht he was expecting! But he kisses his wife tenderly, tells her he loves her and their new son. He leaves and rejoins the doctor in the hall.

"Wow, Doc, I wasn't expecting that, but it doesn't matter. He's my son and I love him; we'll figure the rest out later."

"That good, Joe," the doctor says, "because that's not the worst of it. He's blind."

Spoiler!

That was really long. Scott's not the only one who rambles.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

LOL. Good story. And you're right, you ramble too sometimes but no one can compare to me

"Assholery" LOL.
      But I never thought this would turn into a forum full of such assholes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
        The US Pet Semetary is a difficult one to find in collectible condition, because the dust jacket is so fragile.

John
        And, if you're a completist, there are two states of the US 1st/1st of PS as well ... Caretakers 1982 & Caretakers 1983 (because of a misprint referencing one of Tabitha Kings books on the back cover)

Comment

Well, if you do find one, can't you just take it and get an exact copy of it so you'll have spares? But damn, I would really like to see that one as a limited.
          Next for me should be a UK limited.
          Hey Grant if you see this, why are there no Australian or Canadian limited editions from King?? I think I asked you that before but it seems very odd there aren't (at least to my knowledge).

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            Well, if you do find one, can't you just take it and get an exact copy of it so you'll have spares? But damn, I would really like to see that one as a limited.
            Next for me should be a UK limited.
            Hey Grant if you see this, why are there no Australian or Canadian limited editions from King?? I think I asked you that before but it seems very odd there aren't (at least to my knowledge).
            We're not much into limited and specials down here, mainly because King's stuff is all published in Australia by Hodder & Stoughton (the UK publisher for King) and, frankly, we do not have the market down here to make a success of limiteds - which is why 99.9% of my books are from the US and the UK (mostly the former). Additionally, finding hardcovers is becoming increasingly difficult down here, as we've moved almost exclusively to the large soft cover editions for most fiction stuff for US & UK authors. I can't speak for the Canadian situation, but would hazard a guess that Scribner likely handles the Canadian editions?

Comment

[QUOTE=theenormityofitall;18695]Well, if you do find one, can't you just take it and get an exact copy of it so you'll have spares? But damn, I would really like to see that one as a limited.

Would love to see PS done as a limited - one day, maybe ... As regards the PS US 1st/1st, have both copies (82 / 83). Same as some others of his, you have to have two to be a completist, mostly are purely for the cover variations (Four Past Midnight, Insomnia, Under The Dome, Tommyknockers) and others due to publisher error (Pet Semetary, Salems Lot) ...

Comment

Yeah, I think Scribner does, just like simon and shuster I think.
                But you hardly have any hardcovers in Australia?? That seems odd. But having said that, I do like the non-collectible books better in trade PB than HCs...easier to read and just to handle. And I do have several signed by Ketchum, the ones that ARE collectible (at least somewhat). But Grant, what do you think of that Bachman book you bought? Doesn't it seem worth more than $150 to you?

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                  Yeah, I think Scribner does, just like simon and shuster I think.
                  But you hardly have any hardcovers in Australia?? That seems odd. But having said that, I do like the non-collectible books better in trade PB than HCs...easier to read and just to handle. And I do have several signed by Ketchum, the ones that ARE collectible (at least somewhat). But Grant, what do you think of that Bachman book you bought? Doesn't it seem worth more than $150 to you?
                  The move away from hard covers down in Australia was motivated by people being unable to afford hardcovers (which now cost around $35 - $50 each, as opposed to the $17 - $25 it costs for a soft cover). Have no idea what commercial value to attach to the Bachman Books we've purchased, we'll just have to see what it looks like in our hot little hands

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                    The move away from hard covers down in Australia was motivated by people being unable to afford hardcovers (which now cost around $35 - $50 each, as opposed to the $17 - $25 it costs for a soft cover). Have no idea what commercial value to attach to the Bachman Books we've purchased, we'll just have to see what it looks like in our hot little hands
                    Yeah. But damn, when I first saw those photos, I thought each book was included, not just one lol. Then it hit me how impossible that would be, but I do bet it will be very collectible, not just because it's an actual first edition, but that cool slipcase also that some collectors will pay extra for. 50 bucks for a HC??? But even $25 for a trade PB seems high. At walmart you can get a lot for 10 bucks or less...

Comment

I've just discovered that my book have been stopped by the UK customs (they are still checking the whole cargo which carried it) and there are not knwon time-frame for it to be released I bet that's because I have the CDC calendar in the same shipment, so I will get everything around 31st december 2012 (optimistic delivery date...) From now on I'll never put all the CD goods in the same basket

Comment

Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
                        I've just discovered that my book have been stopped by the UK customs (they are still checking the whole cargo which carried it) and there are not knwon time-frame for it to be released I bet that's because I have the CDC calendar in the same shipment, so I will get everything around 31st december 2012 (optimistic delivery date...) From now on I'll never put all the CD goods in the same basket
                        So long as Pennywise hasn't been toking up intransit it'll all be good (if, like me, customs embargo a delivery so they can charge you tax for it - different story )

photo-85945.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                          So long as Pennywise hasn't been toking up intransit it'll all be good (if, like me, customs embargo a delivery so they can charge you tax for it - different story )
                          well... my taxes have already been paid by the remailer (they include that for personal goods under a certain value thanks to some UK law). It seems that someone used it to import commercial quantities of smartphones/ebook reader/ipads declaring them as personal use and the customs is now p***d off

Comment

Hey guys. My first post here.
                            I discovered this edition of IT by pure luck when looking for the original hardback on ebay.
                            So I came here.
                            Just ordered the special edition.

I live in the UK and only hold a debit card (no credit) luckily it is a Visa so I was able to order the book!
                            But now I come here and I'm reading about people having problems getting their copies!

What's the deal? Will I have to wait for ages for it?

Comment

What's the estimated dispatch time for the Gift Edition?
                              I ordered a copy yesterday and I have received my oder confirmation.
                              I am based in the UK so any idea how long from shipping til arrival?

I'm wayyy too excited to get my hands on this lavish printing!

Comment

Also are the pieces of artwork bound in the book or separate pieces?

Comment

Working...
                                X