Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]IT: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The lettered ones haven't gone out yet? That sucks. I guess it'd take more time though. Wish I got my hand on a copy of that. I only got the Gift Edition which is beautiful, although the foil on the spine of mine was damaged when I got it. I really wanted the numbered edition because it was affordable but it was sold out by time I had enough money, long before actually. Wish I had advance notice...lol

    Comment


      Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      The lettered ones haven't gone out yet? That sucks. I guess it'd take more time though. Wish I got my hand on a copy of that. I only got the Gift Edition which is beautiful, although the foil on the spine of mine was damaged when I got it. I really wanted the numbered edition because it was affordable but it was sold out by time I had enough money, long before actually. Wish I had advance notice...lol
      Nah, the lettereds will be a whiles yet, but that's the way she goes ... BTW, if you're interested in getting a hold of an IT S/L, drop me a PM (I have two copies - as my fellow forum members will attest - and I'd not be adverse to letting one go) ...

      Comment


        I'd love to send you that PM. Can't afford it though specially since anyone willing to sell one will sell it for much more than retail. Maybe someday ill PM you and see if you still have it.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          I'd love to send you that PM. Can't afford it though specially since anyone willing to sell one will sell it for much more than retail. Maybe someday ill PM you and see if you still have it.
          No worries Teri .. one day maybe (and for a fellow CD'er it'd go for AU$600 plus shipping to wherever - if I was selling it on eBay or ABE it'd be more, but for a collector that would value it - and actually keep it, rather than on-sell it for profit) ...

          Comment


            Does anyone know what the binding is like on the gift edition?
            Is it bound usung string like old books used to be?
            Or with glue? I find glued books (the majority of them these days) lose their shape after being read.

            Comment


              Originally posted by entwistlesj View Post
              Does anyone know what the binding is like on the gift edition?
              Is it bound usung string like old books used to be?
              Or with glue? I find glued books (the majority of them these days) lose their shape after being read.
              All of our collectible books are Smyth sewn.

              Brian
              Brian James Freeman
              brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

              Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
              Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
              Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

              Comment


                Has anyone wrapped the gift edition up in a Brodart cover? I'm itching to read it, but I want to make sure that sweet-looking dust jacket is protected before I do. So, the real question is - if you have wrapped the DJ in a Brodart, was there a specific size that fit it, or did you have to use one of their customizable options? I ordered a "variety pack" of Brodart covers from a seller on eBay, and nothing in there even comes close to fitting my larger books (such as It or The Secretary of Dreams volumes).

                Thanks everyone!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Endless Horror Tale View Post
                  Has anyone wrapped the gift edition up in a Brodart cover? I'm itching to read it, but I want to make sure that sweet-looking dust jacket is protected before I do. So, the real question is - if you have wrapped the DJ in a Brodart, was there a specific size that fit it, or did you have to use one of their customizable options? I ordered a "variety pack" of Brodart covers from a seller on eBay, and nothing in there even comes close to fitting my larger books (such as It or The Secretary of Dreams volumes).

                  Thanks everyone!
                  Hiya EHT - I pretty much Brodart everything that ain't nailed down, including SoD V 1 & 2, as well as CD 25th IT ... for the larger books such as these, I've found 16" top load Brodart rolls, cut to length, to do the trick just fine

                  Comment


                    Excellent! That's just what the doctor ordered. Thanks, Grant!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Endless Horror Tale View Post
                      Excellent! That's just what the doctor ordered. Thanks, Grant!
                      I used the single sheet archive ones . I think it's the one hat is 10" high and I do the one that is longer to make sure it fits the entire jacket.

                      Comment


                        bsaenz24, yep the 10" and "12 centre fold singles are excellent for the "standard" sized hardcovers, no question - it's just the bigger book buggers that seem to work better with top fold 14" - 16" (sometimes larger) Brodart rolls

                        Comment


                          Well, because I'm too lazy to go look, could someone explain what Brodart is? And while you're at it, what are remarques? Are they valuable?
                          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

                          Comment


                            Brodart is a type of book cover. I buy them at a local book store but you can order rolls from the manufacturer. Library books are wrapped in them.
                            brodart.jpg

                            Comment


                              Remarques are hand drawn art added to a book that is a unique one of one art item. Value varies based on the effort the artist put into the art. Remarques vary from quick ink drawings to full color very detailed pieces of art.
                              remarque.jpg

                              Comment


                                I had those covers on my Harry Potter set. Everyone of which being a First edition first print and now worth a lot of money.

                                However like those when I recieve my gift edition of IT I wont be reading it since so few have been printed it's something to treasure and I'll just admire the illustrations probably lol.

                                But when I do read books I just remove the DJ and replace it when I'm done and sit it back on the shelf.
                                No need to go all Howard Hughes on them!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X