No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]IT: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of the advertising campaign for PS when it came out was that the book scared even King himself. It made for a splendidly anxious wait for the book (ahhh, the seventies--when interlibrary loan was the only way to get more than one copy of a new bestseller; then the dreaded "waiting" list! I always seemed to be second...)
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I still need to track down a 1st/1st of PS someday. It was the first King book I read and I think I would still consider it his best and my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I still need to track down a 1st/1st of PS someday. It was the first King book I read and I think I would still consider it his best and my favorite.
        Betts had one a couple days ago....

Comment

The US Pet Semetary is a difficult one to find in collectible condition, because the dust jacket is so fragile.

John

Comment

Originally posted by jhanic View Post
            The US Pet Semetary is a difficult one to find in collectible condition, because the dust jacket is so fragile.

John
            Hmmmm. I didn't know that. But a few weeks ago Betts accidentally sent me a book I didn't order: a first edition of Salem's Lot....I think I should of kept it lol. I think it was worth a lot more money than what I ordered. But that wouldn't be honest even though I've always heard if you didn't order something and whoever sends it to you, you can keep it no matter what. Anyone know if that's true? It may be true legally but wrong morally.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
              It may be true legally but wrong morally.
              I think you hit the nail on the head right there.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I think you hit the nail on the head right there.
                Yeah, I think so too. But if it was from some huge store, then should I keep it? It wouldn't be from one guy just trying to make it in the world. But of course, that would be wrong as well. It's like taking a pencil home from work. People don't think it's stealing but it actually does. But hell I've taken tools home from work that weren't mine and didn't even realize it. I brought them back because I felt funny about it.

Comment

I had a similar thing happen when Stu was in charge of Betts. I had ordered the UK Thinner proof, but he sent me the unbound pages instead (about a $200 difference!). I had no problem in returning the wrong item (though I'd have LOVED to have kept it) and got the proper item. No hesitation on my part. What is right is right.

John

Comment

But you know what? I sent it back and was supposed to be paid the return shipping for doing this HUGE favor (I didn' have to say a word to him that I received this book, and he was shocked when I told him about it), but he never sent me the almost $20 it cost to ship back, with insurance. I never brought it up since I assumed he'd keep his word and pay the shipping cost.

Comment

Well maybe you should bring it up. Complaining to us won't help remind him that he owes you that $20.

Comment

Funny boy, huh? Don't be an asshole.
                        Last edited by theenormityofitall; 01-20-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                          Funny boy, huh? Don't be an asshole.
                          Wait we're not allowed to be asshole's now? Damn, I guess I'm going to have to stop posting.... lol.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

lol I guess that probably applies to me as well.

Comment

Government's putting it's maw into everything nowadays. But "Assholery" is awful subjective...I don't know how you can legistate it...
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

The bad news is if they did pass a law against it they would exclude themselves from the law.
                                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Government's putting it's maw into everything nowadays. But "Assholery" is awful subjective...I don't know how you can legistate it...

Comment

Working...
                                X