X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    No, I bought it right here on CD. I should probably take another look at it, but I sure remember not being too impressed by what I saw. It was just a small sketch of a skeleton with his sig at the bottom.
    I'll look tomorrow if I think of it. If it's a remarque, then it's a remarque I just wished it would have been more appealing to the eye. But it's ok.
    Hmmm that doesn't sound like any of the FDNS remarques that I remember. If you don't mind checking I'd appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    No, I bought it right here on CD. I should probably take another look at it, but I sure remember not being too impressed by what I saw. It was just a small sketch of a skeleton with his sig at the bottom.
    I'll look tomorrow if I think of it. If it's a remarque, then it's a remarque I just wished it would have been more appealing to the eye. But it's ok.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    FDNS....it's in a drawer in the spare room. I haven't seen it for awhile, but he did do a remarque for this one, right? Or maybe it's some other artist, but I'm pretty sure I have the Chadbourne edition.
    We sold remarques for FDNS, but I could've sworn they where all in full color and almost full page. Did you order your copy from another source? I know Jill Bauman did some black and white remarques for FDNS, we didn't sell any solo Jill Bauman remarques though.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    FDNS....it's in a drawer in the spare room. I haven't seen it for awhile, but he did do a remarque for this one, right? Or maybe it's some other artist, but I'm pretty sure I have the Chadbourne edition.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I was to be blunt, greatly surprised at the remarqued Gift edition (artist ed. or whatever) not only is still available, but the drawing by Chadbourne was not much to look at. It may have been original, but for $180 exta I think it was, it should have been in full color, not just some tiny sketch with his name signed at the bottom.

Or maybe I'm wrong and maybe that's what a remarque is supposed to look like or maybe all of Chadborne's drawings look like that; I don't know lol. I think it's the only remarque I have of anything.
    Which book are you talking about?

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    There won't be a hold up as there was with FDNS, as postage for all of the orders have been paid. However we still tend to ship the non-us orders separately as printing the postage for the orders is a more "involved" process than printing the shipping labels for the US orders. Especially since this books is so heavy that it will be shipping via Priority Mail to non-us customers (I sooo hate customs forms). I don't make any promises as I haven't quite worked out our shipping plan yet, but we'll probably try to spread out the non-us orders with the US orders as if I print out all the non-us postage at once as that'd be a several thousand dollar draw on the account all in one shot and that's a bit crazy. Ask Brian, he gave me an odd email when I printed all of the non-us Big Book of Necon orders all in one shot, I believe he said "Did we really spend $3,000 in postage in under 2 minutes". So most likely the non-us orders will ship in and around the us orders.

P.S. I really shouldn't reply here at 1:13 in the morning as I seem to have rambled on forever.
    I was to be blunt, greatly surprised at the remarqued Gift edition (artist ed. or whatever) not only is still available, but the drawing by Chadbourne was not much to look at. It may have been original, but for $180 exta I think it was, it should have been in full color, not just some tiny sketch with his name signed at the bottom.

Or maybe I'm wrong and maybe that's what a remarque is supposed to look like or maybe all of Chadborne's drawings look like that; I don't know lol. I think it's the only remarque I have of anything.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    There won't be a hold up as there was with FDNS, as postage for all of the orders have been paid. However we still tend to ship the non-us orders separately as printing the postage for the orders is a more "involved" process than printing the shipping labels for the US orders. Especially since this books is so heavy that it will be shipping via Priority Mail to non-us customers (I sooo hate customs forms). I don't make any promises as I haven't quite worked out our shipping plan yet, but we'll probably try to spread out the non-us orders with the US orders as if I print out all the non-us postage at once as that'd be a several thousand dollar draw on the account all in one shot and that's a bit crazy. Ask Brian, he gave me an odd email when I printed all of the non-us Big Book of Necon orders all in one shot, I believe he said "Did we really spend $3,000 in postage in under 2 minutes". So most likely the non-us orders will ship in and around the us orders.

P.S. I really shouldn't reply here at 1:13 in the morning as I seem to have rambled on forever.
    So that would be "No" then?

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Very excitedddd, though I guess non-us orders will ship later?

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    While they list and sell preorders to many of CD's books, when it comes to the limited editions, Amazon tends not to get any copies and any orders placed there get cancelled by them. With some that they do get a hold of a few copies, and The Gift edition of IT might not completely sell out here (though wouldn't be surprised if it does), such as the Secretary of Dreams Gift Edition and Riding the Bullet Gift Edition that they do sell at a discount. There is a catch though that they don't mention on Amazon. While the books sold here come with Slipcases, the ones Amazon sell do not include the Slipcase
    Yep, this is the answer. Amazon lists every book that is assigned an ISBN, but that mostly means general readers who aren't familiar with smaller presses and Limited Editions miss out -- or, in some cases, get books in less than ideal condition. (Although I know some small presses that happily and successfully sell via Amazon and it works out great for them, we just haven't had the best of luck with Amazon and they take such a large discount that it seems better to just focus on the collectors who know us already and spread the word about our company through them.)

As mentioned above, Amazon managed to get copies of SOD 2 and Riding the Bullet that were sent to a library distributor. Those copies had been pulled from the shipping line because they didn't pass inspection as they were being packed for our direct customers. (We couldn't sell the books as "new," but a library wouldn't care, so it seemed like a "win win" situation.) Also, those books didn't go to the library distributor with slipcases because libraries don't want the slipcases. But somehow some of those copies ended up with Amazon, which I guess shouldn't be surprising since we cancelled an order for 2,000 copies (!) of each book from Amazon... but what can I say, I was still surprised!

There is a thread on here somewhere about the whole Amazon situation in general, but I can't seem to find it via the Search function at the moment.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by th3l0rd View Post
    is it possible to have some pics of the traycase ? Just to make me droooooool
    I didn't take any shots of the prototype (sorry!), but I will post a photo the moment I get the first finished case.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    Very excitedddd, though I guess non-us orders will ship later?
    Dan's the expert on such matters these days, but since Non-US customers now pay shipping upfront, I think those orders ship much sooner than in the old days when we had to go through lots of steps to get payment for the shipping!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron K View Post
    Can someone explain to me the listing for this book on Amazon.com? Is that normal for Cemetery Dance limited editions? Is it something different than what is being offered here? There is very little info, other than the original retail price ... thanks in advance and 100 apologies if this isn't a kosher question etc.
    While they list and sell preorders to many of CD's books, when it comes to the limited editions, Amazon tends not to get any copies and any orders placed there get cancelled by them. With some that they do get a hold of a few copies, and The Gift edition of IT might not completely sell out here (though wouldn't be surprised if it does), such as the Secretary of Dreams Gift Edition and Riding the Bullet Gift Edition that they do sell at a discount. There is a catch though that they don't mention on Amazon. While the books sold here come with Slipcases, the ones Amazon sell do not include the Slipcase

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    Pay it no mind. Most of the time CD editions sell out to individuals before the retailers can even place their order. They won't end up getting any.

Leave a comment:

• Ron K
    replied
    Can someone explain to me the listing for this book on Amazon.com? Is that normal for Cemetery Dance limited editions? Is it something different than what is being offered here? There is very little info, other than the original retail price ... thanks in advance and 100 apologies if this isn't a kosher question etc.

Leave a comment:

• Pennywise
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! Icky bad clown!! LOL!!!
    Sorry 'bout that

Anyway, don't worry. I'll treat the book like it's my kid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X