X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
    You have to remember that books aren't really about the ending, they are all about the journey of how the story gets there. The Gunslinger was the 1st Stephen King book i ever read and i have to admit that i found it tough going and it too me a few tries at starting it, but when i was in i was hooked
    i agree, i had a hard time with The Gunslinger the first time, but as i go back and re-read it, i love it, and the whole series was just an epic journey

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    You have to remember that books aren't really about the ending, they are all about the journey of how the story gets there. The Gunslinger was the 1st Stephen King book i ever read and i have to admit that i found it tough going and it too me a few tries at starting it, but when i was in i was hooked

Leave a comment:

• Slee1978
    replied
    I read the first 1. it was hard to read but I'll read some more

someone gave away the ending, which sucks.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    My words exactly!

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    W & G, what a great novel ... for me it has everything

Leave a comment:

• HorrorScribe
    replied
    My vote went to The Drawing of the Three. I've read it at least six times and it gets better with each repetition. Song of Susannah comes in a close second. That one left me breathless and so very eager to read The Dark Tower. But getting back to Drawing, not only is it representative of King's classic style, but it moved the story into such a cool setting: our where and when. And I've always enjoyed journey stories where the main character joins up with others along the way: desparate origins and short-term goals coming together to accomplish something with far reaching implications. Drawing certainly brought the series in that direction and filled my reader's expectations with the promise of even greater things to come.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Thanks.
    Well....I lived in Canada for eleven years.
    I think that did improve my English considerably.

sk

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    lol. Wow! I didn't notice this until now...you're from The Netherlands? Your English is amazing! You sound just like another American guy talking about Stephen King.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    Several are still in shrinkwrap including LSOU.
    Did you know that's illegal in our country???
    And rightly so!

Just kidding.

But it should be!!

Not kidding.

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 06-19-2011, 07:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    King has written a new DT book becuase he simply can't let go. The DT universe, and characters, are so much part of him, I'm sure there will always be new stories to tell. Hopefully, there will be more.

And no, of course you should not be selling your King limiteds.
    Unless the reason you got them in the first place was to sell to make a profit?

sk
    Yeah, actually making a profit was part of it. I just got lucky a long time ago winning the little lottery they had for Desperation and then somehow being able to get them here as well...CD (I can't even remember how). But it's so hard for me to actually sell them. I'm not getting any younger lol, so maybe if I live another 30 years and the world is still around I'll sell them then. Several are still in shrinkwrap including LSOU.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    King has written a new DT book becuase he simply can't let go. The DT universe, and characters, are so much part of him, I'm sure there will always be new stories to tell. Hopefully, there will be more.

And no, of course you should not be selling your King limiteds.
    Unless the reason you got them in the first place was to sell to make a profit?

sk

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    But why is King writing a new one when he has said repeadetely the Dark Tower series is over?? That's why I was so surprised to receive an email from Grant and that King was writing another installment and I'd get first crack at it. Since I have LSOE number 544, I guess I'll get the same number. And there's only 800 being signed? I now have several King limiteds that had only about a 750-800 print run. I should probably be selling them? I was told the price for the limited of LSOE skyrocketed when the news came out King was writing another Dark Tower book, but I couldn't bring myself to sell it. I was offered $725 for it and stupidly, didn't except it. But boy, Grant makes some incredible limited editions. I still think Desperation was one of their best looking.

Leave a comment:

• Nik Houser
    replied
    I find it hilarious that for years, people didn't know if King would EVER finish the series (having read the first one when there were only four books, I forced myself to wait, so that I wouldn't become addicted to the series, then disappointed if he didn't finish), he's now not only finished them, but is giving us all this extra stuff in the form of the graphic novels and an entire 8th book! That's just awesome.

Leave a comment:

• drain74
    replied
    To date I have only read the first 5 books and that was a number of years back now. Currently at the start of the series and will vote once all are read.
    From the last reading "The Gunslinger" sits as the pick from the first five.

Leave a comment:

• Beambounder
    replied
    I'm going with "The Drawing of The Three". I like the Multiple Entendre of The Title-Given Patrick's (at Dandelo's) later involvement-I feel the pulling together of The Ka Tet, and the introduction to doorways is critical to the Character ,complexity- and giving in fighting tooth and nail to Ka (or Destiny). It also starts to slowly introduce us to the structure of Time/Space in Mid World,End World,The Wheel of Ka. It made me want to go on.- P,S. Has anyone done a Body Count of how many humans,low men,Sombra,Creatures,Lobsrosities, Slow mutants,little sisters etc were taken out by The Lead (metal) of The Ka Tet. I'll check Robin Furth,by the way she is going to need an addendum with The Wind Through the Keyhole DT 4.5 coming soon. I might do a tally this summer .I'll wager it is close to 3,000.Beambounder

Leave a comment:

Working...
X