X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
    I've only read the first 2 so I can't vote yet either. I plan on reading 3 and 4 before the new one comes out so I can read that before 5.
    LOL I've had these books ever since they were published in various formats, but like I said, I've never read them. I think maybe it's a lil past due I start to. I'm trying to decide by all of these posts where to start. Perhaps number one might be a good choice

Leave a comment:

• SavageMouse
    replied
    I enjoy THE GUNSLINGER very much. To me it reads more like an epic poem than a novel.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    My favorite, by far, is Wizard and Glass. I've always loved coming of age stories, and King does them especially well (It and The Body). I enjoyed getting the back story and seeing the world before it "moved on", but the story of Roland and Susan is what truly captured me. And I also liked how he pulled The Stand into the great weaving of the King Universe.

I guess my ranking would be 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, 7, 6.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    This poll needs an eight option, All of the above!
    I strongly disagree.
    The first four books were amazingly good, and only became better with each new addition to the series.
    Starting with Wolves of the Calla, things went downhill rapidly.
    Especially book VII, The Dark Tower, is such a disappointment.
    Instead of giving the grand finale the attention it deserved, King rushed towards the finish.
    It could, and should have been so much better.

sk

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Drawing of the Three was fantastic! I really enjoyed the ending of waste lands (glad I had the fourth book waiting on the shelf, otherwise I might have been a little upset). They are all so good, IMO, that it is just so hard for me to pick one. This poll needs an eight option, All of the above!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Originally posted by lilbirdy View Post
    you are not alone on that island any longer! Now there are three of us there!
    LET'S PAR-TAY!!!

Leave a comment:

• lilbirdy
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I'm standing here all alone on my Island of the Drawing of the Three, but that's ok.
    You are not alone on that island any longer! Now there are three of us there!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I absolutely love The Drawing of the Three. It's one of my favorites of the series.
    Song of Susannah on the other hand is the one I like the least.

1. Wizard and Glass
    2. The Waste lands
    3. The Drawing of the Three
    4. The Gunslinger
    5. Wolves of the Calla
    6. The Dark Tower
    7. Song of Susannah

sk

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I'm standing here all alone on my Island of the Drawing of the Three, but that's ok.

Glad to see some love for Song of Susannah!

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    I've only read the first 2 so I can't vote yet either. I plan on reading 3 and 4 before the new one comes out so I can read that before 5.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    I voted Wizard and Glass, but Drawing of the Three would really be a tie or a very close second for me.

Leave a comment:

• thelion
    replied
    I voted for Wizard & Glass. I really enjoyed the back story and the bits of progress made in the "current" story.

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    While it was close between The Gunslinger and The Drawing of the Three, I went with The Gunslinger. I enjoyed the episodic nature of the story as well as the sense that this was just a very brief glimpse of something much much bigger. And the opening line...

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    I still haven't read any of these books believe it or not, so I can't vote lol.

Leave a comment:

• cdfan
    replied
    I voted for Wizard and Glass, the backstory worked for me. As I thought over which to pick most of my favorite moments from the series tend to be the stories of Roland's past. I thought The Little Sisters of Eluria was excellent as well and that is another story told from Roland's past.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X