• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post

So sorry, Tom.

sk
    No but really do correct me, my girlfriend really hates how bad i am at spelling!

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yeah i have a load but stopped collecting the individual copies after Treachery, it wasn't easy collecting them from the UK, but i keep my eyes open for deals on the HC copies

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    I love the DT comics.
    They're not King, don't read as King does, but they're a lot of fun.
    I didn't buy the individual comics, just the collections.
    Can't wait for the upcoming super-collection (or whatever it's called)

sk

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Haven't looked at the comics yet, but am considering get the 2 HC set at some point

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Does anyone here collect the comics? I had the firt Arc set, then lost track. I wound up buying the 2 HC set.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied

So sorry, Tom.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    No problem teacher :P my names Tom but i'm not really that botherd which is why i haven't corrected you before

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Eh....ok, school's out and I HATE teachers who still have to teach after hours, but, ehm...Thom, you definitely have a problem with definately....

sk

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Definately you won't!

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Yes -by all means, do!
    I don't think you'll regret this.

sk

Leave a comment:

• Slee1978
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    Apparently many people have a hard time with The Gunslinger.
    Unfortunately, this seems to be enough reason to quit reading this amazing series.
    Don't! If you like King -and even if you don't- it's an absolute must-read series, containing of the best, most fancyful fantasy ever written.

sk
    I'll give the other books a chance.

Leave a comment:

• divemaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    My favorite, by far, is Wizard and Glass. I've always loved coming of age stories, and King does them especially well (It and The Body). I enjoyed getting the back story and seeing the world before it "moved on", but the story of Roland and Susan is what truly captured me.
    Ditto this, X 10. So of course my vote went for Wizard and Glass. I loved learing more about Cuthbert and Alain and the story of Roland and Susan. Such a great story. Second place would be The Wastelands. Not sure how the others would sort out other than Song of Susannah being last. I didn't like the character of Susannah (or Detta, or Odetta, or Mia, or whoever else King tried to cram into one person--bleah) at all. And unlike some others here, I loved the ending, which saved The Dark Tower (book VII) which had gotten seriously off track with Mordred and Dandelo and the like.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Yes same with me, some of it was just over described and i was even tempted to skim read parts!

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    I was fine with the Gunslinger, even read his changed version that came with Little Sisters, but the Drawing of the Three was a little tough for me at times.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Apparently many people have a hard time with The Gunslinger.
    Unfortunately, this seems to be enough reason to quit reading this amazing series.
    Don't! If you like King -and even if you don't- it's an absolute must-read series, containing of the best, most fancyful fantasy ever written.

sk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X