Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xiabei
    replied
    Hmm... I really liked the first three, but found myself stalled halfway through the fourth.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Still need to read TWTTK. I do agree with your first 2 choices.Not sure which one I like better.I go back and forth between the 2.Wizard would be 3 and wolves would be 4.What about Little Sisters?It is short but still part of the series.

Leave a comment:

• Lou Sytsma
    replied
    1. The Drawing of the Three - love the expansion of this story universe beyond the first book here. Meeting the members of Roland's ka-tet and the intertwining of all realities - the big and the small. Both handled wonderfully.

2. The Wastelands - continues the drawing of the ka-tet with Jake being brought back. Very touching first half of the book.

3. The Gunslinger - "The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." 'nuff said

4. The Dark Tower - the end arrived at in a honest way. And Jake's sacrifice. Very moving.

5. The Wind Through the Keyhole -a lovely story within a story within a story. Not necessary to the arc of the series but it deepens the mythos and character relations especially between Roland and his mother.

6. Song of Susannah - a bridging book that sets up story points that get paid off in the final book.

7. The Wolves of the Callah - entertaining but not enough forward story momentum. Especially after the flashback nature of number 8.

8. Wizard and Glass - it fleshes out Roland's back story but came at a time when I really wanted the main story to move forward.

Leave a comment:

• Tito_Villa
    replied
    Arghhh i really want to read it!!!

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    Would it have really made a difference? Peole say they click on them anyway. I made one with around 10 spoiler tags somewhere on this forum....
    Last edited by srboone; 03-02-2012, 09:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tasmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I always give the reader several chances to take back the "click" on one of my spolier tags.
    Oh why, oh why didn't you add just one more spoiler?

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I always give the reader several chances to take back the "click" on one of my spolier tags.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I kept clicking spoiler to see if you'd really say anthing. lol. I didnt read it. just about 4 words. I just hadda know. haha

Leave a comment:

• Tasmaniac
    replied
    Although I've loved all of them my vote goes to Wizard and Glass. Maybe it was because I was just thankful for any Dark Tower book after King's long absence from the series.

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    I've just finished The Wind Through the Keyhole and I thought I'd try to insert in my rankings.

1. The Drawing of the Three. Narratively, imaginatively superior to all the others.
    2. The Wind Through the Keyhole--simply a joy to read; narrativitely simplistic, but the depth and passion of King's vision is unsurpassed in this seemingly unlikeiest of sequels.
    3. The Wastelands. The first half continues the narrative of TDot3. The second part is not as good, but still scores narratively.
    4. Song of Susannah. Exciting and revealing with an unique structure compared to the rest.
    5. The Gunslinger. Narratively simplistic, but well-written and exciting.
    6. The Dark Tower. A satisfying conclusion to the series..and a beginning.
    7. The Wolves of the Callah. Well written and exciting, but a lack of creativity keeps it at the bottom.
    8. Wizard and Glass. Narrative problems, combined with an unreliable narrator and a lack of creativity.

Spoiler!

I warned you.

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    I don't know if King ruined it that way.
    For some people he did, for others, he didn't.
    Personally, I wish he hadn't put himself in this series.
    I'm pretty sure if he hadn't had his accident, the final three volumes would have turned out much differently.

sk
    I believe if he had not had his accident the final three books might not have been written at all, or would have taken him alot longer to get around to even doing. I think putting himself in there was genius. With all the other worlds out there and knowing that Jake's and Eddie's worlds were not really "our world", throwing himself in there made the writer think more about the possibility of our world being just one of many, thus helping submerge the reader further into the story.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Good to hear from you again.before I figured out how to use this forum I enjoyed following your posts and looking at your collection.
    Yeah frik I wondered where you went to also. I miss the arguments we'd get into. LOL that's probably not the right word, let's say "disagreements", that's more politically correct I think.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Good to hear from you again.before I figured out how to use this forum I enjoyed following your posts and looking at your collection.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Hiding?
    Nah, you've just not been looking in the right places...

sk

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Siep, old friend, where have you been hiding? Lots of people here have missed you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X