No announcement yet.

Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has we get farther and farther away from this, I'll probably lose interest as I've become more of Hill collector. Picking up some King here and there but not actively seeking it out. I did order two copies of the trade and have the pb on order as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Well that did not take long. A signed Limited went up on eBay for $700 and quickly sold.
      That will settle down as well.

Comment

Didn't have any luck on my end. Then again, it hasn't really been a week of good luck here. Got a positive COVID case in the household on Sunday, so we've been quarantining ever since (nothing but mild symptoms, thankfully).

All things considered, missing out on a signed Stephen King book is a pretty low concern for the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Splync View Post
          Didn't have any luck on my end. Then again, it hasn't really been a week of good luck here. Got a positive COVID case in the household on Sunday, so we've been quarantining ever since (nothing but mild symptoms, thankfully).

All things considered, missing out on a signed Stephen King book is a pretty low concern for the week!
          Take care of yourself and your family. Everything else is trivial!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Take care of yourself and your family. Everything else is trivial!
            Everything else certainly is! But yeah, we're keeping a close eye on everybody's health. Fingers are crossed that everything just stays mild.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Shush. I'm going to sell my copy for $1,000 at the same time I sell my Misery for $10,000. At the rate these are going up in price, that might be on Friday . . .

Comment

Picking up some King here and there but not actively seeking it out.
                I don't really go out of my way for King, but I couldn't pass up getting something signed by him for 20% of the going rate for his signature. This will actually be my first book signed by him.

Comment

Maybe. The numbered edition of Joyland still goes for $400+, with the most recent copy having sold for over $700, and it has a limitation just a hair under 2x that of Later. Factor in how many fewer books King is signing nowadays, and this is very likely to hold significant value.

Comment

That's my thought too. $700 seems like a bargain based on the numbers.

Comment

I also got a numbered copy, which will be my first SK signed (My Collectorz Book Connect database shows 115 SK titles)
                      I had to get up at 3:00 am but it was worth it. I saw no activity on the HCC site, so in a panic, I found the twitter post which linked straight to Forbidden Planet UK. To my disbelief, I was able to buy one immediately. I also bought an unsigned copy which is probably my first ever speculative purchase of a book. It might become hard to get down the track, and might be useful for trading. Or, I'll just keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
                        I also got a numbered copy, which will be my first SK signed (My Collectorz Book Connect database shows 115 SK titles)
                        I had to get up at 3:00 am but it was worth it. I saw no activity on the HCC site, so in a panic, I found the twitter post which linked straight to Forbidden Planet UK. To my disbelief, I was able to buy one immediately. I also bought an unsigned copy which is probably my first ever speculative purchase of a book. It might become hard to get down the track, and might be useful for trading. Or, I'll just keep it.
                        You are the second person I have seen on this forum to state that this will be their 1st SK signed book. I think that is so awesome that you guys were able to snag a copy! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks Martin,
                          I'm not usually too interested in author's defacing my books with a sharpie, but I've always thought I should own at least one signed by SEK. I've got loads signed by his son Joe, McCammon, Scalzi and especially Lansdale. Now I'll probably have to track down a Pratchett.

Comment

Congrats!

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post

I don't really go out of my way for King, but I couldn't pass up getting something signed by him for 20% of the going rate for his signature. This will actually be my first book signed by him.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I completely missed this but wouldn't have been a player anyway. I just looked and found it funny to pay $50 for one of their low quality books. Their lettered and numbered would have been a good deal though. Just the signature along should keep those investments solid.

I still kick myself for not purchasing the signed Joyland though. I think it was $90! At the time I thought that was expensive.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Dan, if you see this, appears there are two Later threads going. If you want to considering merging them.

Comment

Working...
                                X