No announcement yet.

Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess they added a BUY button for the lettered at some point because it's showing as sold out now. But yeah,

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    What a shitshow otherwise.

Comment

Did you get one, Martin? What a shitshow otherwise.
      No. Got one into my basket but when I processed the order it gave an error and then no more were available. Also never saw the Lettered option to buy as stated above.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

No. Got one into my basket but when I processed the order it gave an error and then no more were available. Also never saw the Lettered option to buy as stated above.
        Ok now here is a twist. Even though I got an error on the website I just noticed I have an order confirmation for the purchase of one signed limited copy. So at this point I actually do not know if I successfully purchased a signed limited or not. Time will tell.

Comment

I spend too much time screwing on that stupid blog post and missed out. Instead of going to actual sites where they were being sold. Hopefully you did indeed score one.

Comment

Pretty sure this is exactly what happened with the last SK limited edition they put out.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I spend too much time screwing on that stupid blog post and missed out. Instead of going to actual sites where they were being sold. Hopefully you did indeed score one.
              I had the blog post open and the sellers websites and kept refreshing both. I believe I had my, possibly successful, purchase complete before the blog updated.

Big congratulations to all who succeeded in buying one this morning!

Comment

Same. Here's the grumbling post I made about it over at TDT.org:

It would've taken so little foresight and effort to make clear how to order the books...and yet, it didn't happen. On the contrary, their page heading that indicated that that Titan Books page was the ordering page was more than misleading, it was incorrect (unless one apparently read between the lines for the correct ordering venue).

I was lucky on the first two clusters (11/22/63 and JOYLAND), but my luck ran out on this one. I certainly don't mind if I lose out due to being slow on the mouse-click or any other factor inherent in the collecting game with a competition for a limited number of copies with high demand...but, Christ, when I'm hovering at the computer at 8 in the morning, ready to go, ready to play, and I suddenly find the rules of the game have been changed, the location of the match changed without notice, it's incredibly frustrating, disappointing, and maybe even a bit maddening.
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Same. Here's the grumbling post I made about it over at TDT.org:

It would've taken so little foresight and effort to make clear how to order the books...and yet, it didn't happen. On the contrary, their page heading that indicated that that Titan Books page was the ordering page was more than misleading, it was incorrect (unless one apparently read between the lines for the correct ordering venue).

I was lucky on the first two clusters (11/22/63 and JOYLAND), but my luck ran out on this one. I certainly don't mind if I lose out due to being slow on the mouse-click or any other factor inherent in the collecting game with a competition for a limited number of copies with high demand...but, Christ, when I'm hovering at the computer at 8 in the morning, ready to go, ready to play, and I suddenly find the rules of the game have been changed, the location of the match changed without notice, it's incredibly frustrating, disappointing, and maybe even a bit maddening.
                  It sure is. I managed to get an unsigned hardcover. But the links to the other site were so confusing. I’m a little bit pissed but I’ll get over it. At least I can still say I have every book by King in Hardcover

Comment

Yes, that was a disaster. You'd think by now that publishers would have learned how to not piss everyone off.

I waited too long for the order links that never came. I managed to get an S/L in my cart at Forbidden Planet, but then it disappeared before I could complete the order.

I did buy the unsigned book, which will have to do. Oh well!

Comment

My experience was crazy. Those links on the Titan blog page didn't go live until15 minutes after they were promised. So I wasted all that time refreshing a dead end. So I swung over to the FB post and saw that others were sharing a link to the Another Universe bookstore, so I went to that page and it said everything was sold out. But then it came back to life. And I jumped. Ordering on the first go-round, I missed out. I had it in my cart and clicked "complete order" and instead of a confirmation, I got a sold out message. So I bought the unsigned edition because I was waiting to get Later in hardcover since it was announced.
                      But I kept refreshing the Another Universe page periodically and it would randomly go live and the same thing happened--it made it to my cart before being declared sold out two more times.
                      Then 30 minutes after the page went live, I got the order page again and snagged a numbered.

Like Martin, I wonder if my confirmation email was in error. We'll see. I imagine that my luck comes from the people who ordered more than one copy and had to have their extra copies cancelled, making them available for the second string customers.

Comment

I really hadn't time to look into possibly ordering Later. I didn't realize it would be available for order/preorder so soon. ~Cap
                        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I grabbed one. When the titan page seemed to hang I was glad I had dug into finding the US sellers page. Refreshed that and ordered shortly after the selling open time. Some of the people in the SK collector FB group seemed to think I was odd for wanting that link the other day. Very glad I spent that time.

Comment

I could have gotten a copy of the numbered if the site had accepted my credit card.

Comment

I waited for the links and got shut out of ordering a limited, too.

Comment

Well that did not take long. A signed Limited went up on eBay for $700 and quickly sold.

Comment

Working...
                                X