No announcement yet.

Centipede will be releasing.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't disagree that the anticipated price point for Ghost Story is rather steep. It's also one of my favorite books from one of my favorite presses AND it's signed by Straub, so there is no way I could miss out on this. It's not a secret that Centipede does nice books, but their edition of Julia is one of my absolute favorites that I own and I'm hoping I'll be equally as fond of their edition of Ghost Story.

Comment

I did end up passing on GHOST STORY, as I kind of thought I would. I might have been tempted at a lesser price, but even with that… from what very little I see of the art in the very nice Centipede edition, just those two images on the offering page, I like the art in my S/L Hill House edition better. Sure, there’s a bit of FOMO going on, but I’m pleased and comfortable with the edition I have.
      Last edited by RonClinton; 05-05-2024, 04:01 PM.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        I did end up passing on GHOST STORY, as I kind of thought I would. I might have been tempted at a lesser price, but even with that… from what very little I see of the art in the very nice Centipede edition, just those two images on the offering page, I like the art in my S/L Hill House edition better. Sure, there’s a bit of FOMO going on, but I’m pleased and comfortable with the edition I have.
        I'm unsure about the art myself on the Centipede edition. Like you, I've only seen what is posted on the product page, but from what I've seen it doesn't blow me away. I'm not familiar with the art in the Hill House edition beyond that on the dustjacket, which I do like. I'm not quite sure why I never previously tracked down a copy of the Hill House edition. Of course, I'm still on board with this new edition. I might need to liquidate some other books to make sure this doesn't completely sink my budget, though. This and Children of Dune back-to-back sure hurts the pocketbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

I'm unsure about the art myself on the Centipede edition. Like you, I've only seen what is posted on the product page, but from what I've seen it doesn't blow me away. I'm not familiar with the art in the Hill House edition beyond that on the dustjacket, which I do like. I'm not quite sure why I never previously tracked down a copy of the Hill House edition. Of course, I'm still on board with this new edition.
          Here is the front and back of the dj and one of the interiors:

https://x.com/ron_clinton/status/100...CUeUjfN8huHsPw
          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Here is the front and back of the dj and one of the interiors:

https://x.com/ron_clinton/status/100...CUeUjfN8huHsPw
            Okay, so that interior illustration is incredibly creepy! I really like it! If the rest of the interior illustrations are as such, I can see why you'd be content with that edition. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I went for the Centipede edition today. I figure if I don't like it (unlikely) it should be easy enough to flip it. I've probably said that about many of the books that never leave my house once they show up

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I went for the Centipede edition today. I figure if I don't like it (unlikely) it should be easy enough to flip it. I've probably said that about many of the books that never leave my house once they show up
                Am very jealous of you! I was very close to grabbing this, but I ultimately decided to spend the money on a handful of other books that I've had my eye on for a while. I figured I'd get more reading bang for my buck that way but still wish I could've swung for the Straub book too. It looks fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                X