Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    i've been discouraged with my first round of submissions due to the length of time it takes to get a response and a couple rejections. Today, I woke to a surprise - acceptance of my story "Through Sickness and In Health" by Post Mortem Press for their New Dawn Fades anthology! A few of you were kind enough to edit this story for me (nik, terry, andrew). Funny, I just held this up to peer review at my local writing group and they all hated it.

This is my first anthology acceptance so really a boost to my ego . . . beginning to feel as if I truly am a writer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426[/ATTACH]
    GREAT! so happy for you, RJ. Just goes to show, what do peers know?

Nik, fine news too. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
      i've been discouraged with my first round of submissions due to the length of time it takes to get a response and a couple rejections. Today, I woke to a surprise - acceptance of my story "Through Sickness and In Health" by Post Mortem Press for their New Dawn Fades anthology! A few of you were kind enough to edit this story for me (nik, terry, andrew). Funny, I just held this up to peer review at my local writing group and they all hated it.

This is my first anthology acceptance so really a boost to my ego . . . beginning to feel as if I truly am a writer

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426[/ATTACH]
      Well done RJ!! That's awesome!

Comment

RUDY JENKINS HAS A HOME.

I'm thrilled that my problem child "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears" (which was entered in the recent contest here) was accepted for an anthology with Jack Ketchum, Graham Masterson, Jeremy C Shipp, and many more talented authors. More details to come.

"This Flash Fiction Collection will launch at the 2012 World Horror Convention/Bram Stoker Awards in Salt Lake City. It will premier and be available at the convention. It will be available to the general public in early April 2012."
        FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I have a piece, A Mother's Love, which will be published in the upcoming anthology Night Terrors II, by Blood Bound Books.

Comment

Great news, John!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
              RUDY JENKINS HAS A HOME.

I'm thrilled that my problem child "Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears" (which was entered in the recent contest here) was accepted for an anthology with Jack Ketchum, Graham Masterson, Jeremy C Shipp, and many more talented authors. More details to come.

"This Flash Fiction Collection will launch at the 2012 World Horror Convention/Bram Stoker Awards in Salt Lake City. It will premier and be available at the convention. It will be available to the general public in early April 2012."
              Originally posted by johnpeters View Post
              I have a piece, A Mother's Love, which will be published in the upcoming anthology Night Terrors II, by Blood Bound Books.
              I missed these...Congrats to you both!
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Gratz John and Richard.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Jeeminee, this thread needs to be dusted off or sent to the dry cleaners. October sixteenth of last year, Dan my man, do see what I mean about some of these dinosaurs?

Comment

Hmm..I forgot we had an acceptance thread. Maybe now we will put it to good use. We just need more frequent acceptances to keep it alive.

Comment

... and let us all say, AMEN!

Comment

I finally got my foot in the door everyone! My first acceptance came in from Wicked East Press! I'm going to be published in an anthology called Chained In The Attic. I'm over the moon!!!!

Comment

Way to go Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thank you so much. Yeeeehawwww!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                              I finally got my foot in the door everyone! My first acceptance came in from Wicked East Press! I'm going to be published in an anthology called Chained In The Attic. I'm over the moon!!!!
                              Holy smokes! Huge congrats to you.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Hmm...thought I said Gratz to this, but here we go again just in case. Gratz, Randy.

Comment

Working...
                                X